• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
oh **** Tak is making a comeback y’all
…now put him and Lok in All Star Brawl
"Addams Family Values"

Looks like Pubert Addams is confirmed for the Nick Brawl game everyone!

Not really but when am I ever gonna reference Pubert Addams again?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 personally I liked A Hat in Time, was pretty cute + cool and had some nice humor imo, including some that didn’t remind me of the internet iirc (tbh I don’t remember if I saw much internet references but it’s been a while, and of course any I saw I liked anyway because I like the funny maymays).

I recommend trying to at least unlock some stuff for Hat Kid’s umbrella, though, from that glitchy-looking shady guy; there’s a neat thing you might like 👀

also yeah I don’t think you’ll like Alpine Skyline much based on what you’ve said before; iirc the paths to the time pieces are kinda linear, but it’s definitely more open-world than the other levels, and tbh I forgot exactly how the time pieces were ._.
I found the badges. Though I wonder which one you’re talking about specifically. Right now I have the fall recovery and coin magnet ones equipped.

And like… idk the movie studio level is a nice concept but it’s so far not really anything that really stands out and like… idk. I want to like this game but it just feels like a heartless meme over a bare bones open world platformer.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I found the badges. Though I wonder which one you’re talking about specifically. Right now I have the fall recovery and coin magnet ones equipped.

And like… idk the movie studio level is a nice concept but it’s so far not really anything that really stands out and like… idk. I want to like this game but it just feels like a heartless meme over a bare bones open world platformer.
You can’t feel the heart and soul that went into this game?

Damn bro.

I might have to uninvite you from my Cars themed birthday party.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You can’t feel the heart and soul that went into this game?

Damn bro.

I might have to uninvite you from my Cars themed birthday party.
I mean so far I can’t. It feels so… cold and corporate. Like… some board of executives somewhere decided to make a bare bones platformer to ride the Crash hype but didn’t know how to do it well and then they crammed it full of meme humor to pander to the kids. It just doesn’t feel like it has heart in it to me. I actually almost feel like I’m forcing myself to play it. Maybe I’ll feel different in the morning but… so far it’s just not doing it for me. I really wish it was but it’s just not.

Like… I just played that “Murder on the Owl Express” chapter and like… who thinks any of this is funny? Who thought this was good or charming or whatever. I can’t explain what I’m seeing in the game with “an independent team with a tonne of passion for the genre put their heart and soul into this love letter to it” because that’s just not what I’m seeing on the screen when I play it. I just… don’t know. It’s really bumming me out.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean so far I can’t. It feels so… cold and corporate. Like… some board of executives somewhere decided to make a bare bones platformer to ride the Crash hype but didn’t know how to do it well and then they crammed it full of meme humor to pander to the kids.
96001557-04BA-44F1-91A4-6B8DBB90106D.png

Like… I just played that “Murder on the Owl Express” chapter and like… who thinks any of this is funny? Who thought this was good or charming or whatever.
Me. I do :wario:

Edit: But I’m not trying to start a thing. You don’t like it, and that’s alright.

You just have some weird ass takes, dude.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 323969

Me. I do :wario:

Edit: But I’m not trying to start a thing. You don’t like it, and that’s alright.

You just have some weird ass takes, dude.
I just feel bad. You hear nothing but good things about this game and I feel like there’s something wrong with me because I can’t connect with it. I want to like it. I really do. But so far it’s just not been able to hook me and that upsets me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got a second 20th anniversary digivice so I could jogress evolve my guy into Rusttyrannomon but I found out you ALWAYS start with botamon so I'm waiting for it to die

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"Addams Family Values"

Looks like Pubert Addams is confirmed for the Nick Brawl game everyone!

Not really but when am I ever gonna reference Pubert Addams again?
**** it

put everybody owned by ViacomCBS into the game

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I just feel bad. You hear nothing but good things about this game and I feel like there’s something wrong with me because I can’t connect with it. I want to like it. I really do. But so far it’s just not been able to hook me and that upsets me.
You have an unpopular opinion

**** happens:drshrug:

Yep, we all have unpopular opinions, some things may just seem overrated to you. Nothing bad about that.
Yeah, just look at me! I like a lot of things people seem to hate: Dark Pit in Sm4sh, BK:N&B, the Rabbids, The Big Bang Theory…
It just doesn’t click with you, and that’s a-okay.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm supposed to give my mom's cats their medicine while she is away but I heard from my step father that he gave them their medicine. I honestly don't really trust him. The cats depend on the medicine because they are old but also giving them too much will be bad. It's not a good situation.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Speaking as someone who adores the game, I really wouldn't worry about it: It just sounds like the game isn't connecting with you, and that's fine! It's just a game, there's nothin' sayin' you gotta like it just because others do.
I just wish I could connect with it. I want to like it but I can’t and I just can’t explain anything about my experiences with it with the factual details surrounding it’s creation. It feels like i’m playing a completely different game from what others are saying and…. I don’t know. I just don’t know.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
now I feel bad for that Disney/Marvel and WB/DC meme despite how true it’s been for the past couple years

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

I was talking about the one that references Geno Beam, I thought you would like it but maybe not of course.

I mean so far I can’t. It feels so… cold and corporate. Like… some board of executives somewhere decided to make a bare bones platformer to ride the Crash hype but didn’t know how to do it well and then they crammed it full of meme humor to pander to the kids. It just doesn’t feel like it has heart in it to me. I actually almost feel like I’m forcing myself to play it. Maybe I’ll feel different in the morning but… so far it’s just not doing it for me. I really wish it was but it’s just not.

Like… I just played that “Murder on the Owl Express” chapter and like… who thinks any of this is funny? Who thought this was good or charming or whatever. I can’t explain what I’m seeing in the game with “an independent team with a tonne of passion for the genre put their heart and soul into this love letter to it” because that’s just not what I’m seeing on the screen when I play it. I just… don’t know. It’s really bumming me out.
The game came out just a few months after the Crash remakes were released, though, and it was in development for many years.

Personally I like The Conductor and his use of “peck” :p

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Summary of my last Mystery Dungeon boss fight:

Miss
Miss
Miss
Miss
Miss
Miss
Dead.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was talking about the one that references Geno Beam, I thought you would like it but maybe not of course.
I haven’t found that yet.

The game came out just a few months after the Crash remakes were released, though, and it was in development for many years.
I know. And that’s what’s so confusing. The game doesn’t feel like what I’m told it is.
Personally I like The Conductor and his use of “peck” :p
I just think it’s annoying. But whatever. I guess I’m just dumb.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I haven’t found that yet.

I know. And that’s what’s so confusing. The game doesn’t feel like what I’m told it is.

I just think it’s annoying. But whatever. I guess I’m just dumb.
Oh, okay. I wasn’t wanting to spoil it, so sorry about that if you wanted to find it yourself, I just thought you’d find it cool…

And no, everyone has their own tastes, no need to feel dumb. At least you like Banjo-Kazooie 👍

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Played a little more Pokemon Unite to see if I would stick with it. It's alright so far. Sometimes I body, sometimes I get destroyed by the guy who paid $100 to max out his items and destroy me in 2 hits. :bowsette: I'll quit if I'm feeling too much of a P2W vibe.

All I know is that no one expects the Mr. Mime main to **** you up.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yeah, I thought I remembered hearing that Wolf was last, and I think he was technically, but I think that was through leaks or something. I believe Sonic was the last officially announced fighter, and the rest that weren't unveiled were meant to just be cool little surprises, not major reveals. Which is how things used to be, compared to how they are now where everything is announced ahead of time to make people's expectations more accurate, I guess.
Sonic was one of the last ones, but the last officially revealed character before release was Olimar via the DOJO updates.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm not a well balanced individual when it comes to music. It's pretty much nothing but VGM and the occasional Anime OST. I do like Classic Rock, Orchestral, and Country, but nothing I'd go out of my way to listen to. When the radio is on, it's nothing but NPR, :shades:

I know this is the internet and everyone experiences different stuff but I don't think I've ever seen that "big stink" or "constantly bringing up slander" stuff you're talking about.

I guess internet's a big place and all.
I feel like this happens with a lot of things on the internet. Where everyone regurgitates an idiotic comment or two and treats it as indicative of the entire subject at hand. One example I can think of recently is whichever idiot tried to put Kazuya fans down by calling them a shoto.

I just vibe to the Pokemon OST 24/7
I'm just surprised they haven't released the OST for SwSh yet. I really thought it would have come out after the last DLC did as most of the previous OSTs came out a month after the games did. I would usually ask my parents to get me one of the Super Music Collection CDs just in time for Christmas; it's how I got all of the OSTs from XY to Let's Go. I think in 2017 when there wasn't anything released I asked for the Anime OST, which has the arrangements of songs from Gens 1-4. lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh, okay. I wasn’t wanting to spoil it, so sorry about that if you wanted to find it yourself, I just thought you’d find it cool…

And no, everyone has their own tastes, no need to feel dumb. At least you like Banjo-Kazooie 👍
I bought the Geno Badge. I like it. Appreciate the reference. But man I do not like having to raise up money to buy badges from the merchant. I’m any game. I’d prefer being rewarded with badges for completing certain challenges.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey Shroob Shroob , don't know if you seen this already, but figure I share it still since it's pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom