• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This site once September 1st hits and the countdown to doomsday truly begins.

And everyone realizes Cinderace still hasn't gotten a Spirit and new Pokemon games are launching soon:

He is coming in at mach speed and we can't stop him.
1627090918158.png

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Me when this is one of the few outcomes where a character I want could actually happen
They will all say they didn't want another Pokemon rep, and you, MooMew, and I will rejoice, for we have the funny soccer rabbit.
1627091098065.png

I am hereby dubbing this trio "The Cinderace Syndicate".

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
They will all say they didn't want another Pokemon rep, and you, MooMew, and I will rejoice, for we have the funny soccer rabbit.
View attachment 323951
I am hereby dubbing this trio "The Cinderace Syndicate".
Me running towards you after I see I got excluded:
1627091245176.png

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Music is music.

While VGM is primarily what I listen to

People making a big stink about it and constantly bringing up the supposed "slander" against VGM is kinda silly.

Like, who cares if people think it's "real" music? Just listen to some Sonic jams and rock on, y'all.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
While VGM is primarily what I listen to

People making a big stink about it and constantly bringing up the supposed "slander" against VGM is kinda silly.

Like, who cares if people think it's "real" music? Just listen to some Sonic jams and rock on, y'all.
I know this is the internet and everyone experiences different stuff but I don't think I've ever seen that "big stink" or "constantly bringing up slander" stuff you're talking about.

I guess internet's a big place and all.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I know this is the internet and everyone experiences different stuff but I don't think I've ever seen that "big stink" or "constantly bringing up slander" stuff you're talking about.

I guess internet's a big place and all.
Honestly, me neither.

I'm just sharing my take on what they were saying, lol.

But yeah, no, no one "attacks" VGM. People are being silly as usual.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Crash never made it
Geno outdated
Chief overrated
Cinderace activated

GEX ASCENDED
It's very bizarre how the next DLC character will be the final character to this entire saga of Super Smash Bros. (since Ultimate is the "ultimate" version of all the prior games and serves as the bookend for their content and style, and the next game will be a reboot of sorts), so you'd expect the final character to be something truly earth-shattering to blow everyone away... but it could honestly be a coin flip as to whether or not it's just another Pokemon.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Real talk, nobody really attacks VGM like that but dumbass nerds act like their superior for not listening to modern music and that's where the discourse comes from. And given the field I study at, let me tell you that they are just as ****ing annoying in person.

Also, I said this so many time, but I was once one of those dumbass nerds.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's very bizarre how the next DLC character will be the final character to this entire saga of Super Smash Bros. (since Ultimate is the "ultimate" version of all the prior games and serves as the bookend for their content and style, and the next game will be a reboot of sorts), so you'd expect the final character to be something truly earth-shattering to blow everyone away... but it could honestly be a coin flip as to whether or not it's just another Pokemon.
If you or I were making the game we’d save the best for last. But it’s been proven time and time again that Nintendo likes saving the “least” for last.

I’ll be glad to be proven wrong, but if it’s just another Pokémon, I still win :wario:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 personally I liked A Hat in Time, was pretty cute + cool and had some nice humor imo, including some that didn’t remind me of the internet iirc (tbh I don’t remember if I saw much internet references but it’s been a while, and of course any I saw I liked anyway because I like the funny maymays).

I recommend trying to at least unlock some stuff for Hat Kid’s umbrella, though, from that glitchy-looking shady guy; there’s a neat thing you might like 👀

also yeah I don’t think you’ll like Alpine Skyline much based on what you’ve said before; iirc the paths to the time pieces are kinda linear, but it’s definitely more open-world than the other levels, and tbh I forgot exactly how the time pieces were ._.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We then move onto Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl speculation. 🙃

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Real talk, nobody really attacks VGM like that but dumbass nerds act like their superior for not listening to modern music and that's where the discourse comes from. And given the field I study at, let me tell you that they are just as ****ing annoying in person.

Also, I said this so many time, but I was once one of those dumbass nerds.
I just vibe to the Pokemon OST 24/7

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I listen to modern and classic music of multiple genres and VGM.

So uh, get on my level scrubs.
NOOO, YOU CAN'T LISTEN TO VGM, IT'S NOT REAL MUSIC
NOOO, YOU CAN'T LISTEN TO MAINSTREAM MUSIC, ALL THEY DO IS SING ABOUT SEX AND DRUGS

Me, going straight to Kanye West after listening to the Capcom vs. SNK soundtrack
615db2a3f9b38e2b858f657df76ab81d.jpg

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
If you or I were making the game we’d save the best for last. But it’s been proven time and time again that Nintendo likes saving the “least” for last.

I’ll be glad to be proven wrong, but if it’s just another Pokémon, I still win :wario:
I was so certain that there'd be something big for the final base roster reveal in Ultimate, after the E3 and August Directs were such crowd-pleasers, and then we got Incineroar. Who's great, I love that he's in the game and I enjoy playing him occasionally, but certainly not what anyone would expect to be saved for last.

And then the same thought process with the first Challenger Pack, with the last character being said to be Ultimate's final character, as well as just the last character for that pack, so it must be something big and special... then it was another Fire Emblem character.

At least this time we know, full stop, that this is the last character for this era of Smash, so there's greater likelihood this will be something special. But so far Sakurai hasn't placed much value on who's saved for last, so nothing's for certain.

What were the orders of reveals for Brawl and Smash 4's base roster? Because Bayonetta got a lot of hype when she was announced, as she was one of the popular ballot options at the time, so it wasn't like they announced, say, Wii Fit Trainer for last.

We then move onto Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl speculation. 🙃
Bring me XJ9 and a Ghost Zone stage.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was so certain that there'd be something big for the final base roster reveal in Ultimate, after the E3 and August Directs were such crowd-pleasers, and then we got Incineroar. Who's great, I love that he's in the game and I enjoy playing him occasionally, but certainly not what anyone would expect to be saved for last.

And then the same thought process with the first Challenger Pack, with the last character being said to be Ultimate's final character, as well as just the last character for that pack, so it must be something big and special... then it was another Fire Emblem character.

At least this time we know, full stop, that this is the last character for this era of Smash, so there's greater likelihood this will be something special. But so far Sakurai hasn't placed much value on who's saved for last, so nothing's for certain.

What were the orders of reveals for Brawl and Smash 4's base roster? Because Bayonetta got a lot of hype when she was announced, as she was one of the popular ballot options at the time, so it wasn't like they announced, say, Wii Fit Trainer for last.

Bring me XJ9 and a Ghost Zone stage.
I think Wolf was last for Brawl, and Bayo was last for 4.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I think Wolf was last for Brawl, and Bayo was last for 4.
Yeah, I thought I remembered hearing that Wolf was last, and I think he was technically, but I think that was through leaks or something. I believe Sonic was the last officially announced fighter, and the rest that weren't unveiled were meant to just be cool little surprises, not major reveals. Which is how things used to be, compared to how they are now where everything is announced ahead of time to make people's expectations more accurate, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom