• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This reminds me. So I listen to the podcast Kongversation, cuz I like DK and Banjo Kazooie and they talk about DK and Banjo Kazooie.

But every once in a while they go on these smug tangents about how Mario games aren’t taking themselves seriously enough and how they can’t take the world building seriously and stuff like that.

If you don’t enjoy Mario that’s fine. But come on man, it’s funnee plumber fighting turtle Chungus. You aren’t supposed to take it seriously. Just have fun.

It’s the only really obnoxious part of the podcast, IMO.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Her name is Hat Kid.

Yes, her parents gave her that name. Yes, it’s on her birth certificate. Stop disrespecting her culture.
rolls eyes alright Noi.
I personally think those are all hilarious. It's supposed to be cute and silly.

It's even in the game's marketing: "A cute as heck platformer."

It's really not supposed to be taken seriously. :drshrug:
I get that it’s supposed to be silly but it’s like… the annoying kind of silly. Maybe it’s just because I’m still only in the first level but… idk. It’s very bland and very Internet-ey.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
rolls eyes alright Noi.
I get that it’s supposed to be silly but it’s like… the annoying kind of silly. Maybe it’s just because I’m still only in the first level but… idk. It’s very bland and very Internet-ey.
There’s still a lot of game to explore, can you at least try to get through a couple more areas?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
This reminds me. So I listen to the podcast Kongversation, cuz I like DK and Banjo Kazooie and they talk about DK and Banjo Kazooie.

But every once in a while they go on these smug tangents about how Mario games aren’t taking themselves seriously enough and how they can’t take the world building seriously and stuff like that.

If you don’t enjoy Mario that’s fine. But come on man, it’s funnee plumber fighting turtle Chungus. You aren’t supposed to take it seriously. Just have fun.

The funny thing is that it's coming from DK and Banjo players.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Funnily enough, I think Aerith’s name is spelt wrong. It might actually be Ærith Gainsborough. I know that’s not the in-game spelling, but that’s how I imagine it being.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

They should've played the mid-2000s Crash games. Talk about not taking the world building seriously, by the time Crunch started imitating Mr. T out of nowhere I checked out :yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well it’s an indie game made from folks who probably spent a lotta time discussing Mario Sunshine on Nintendo forums as kids. They most likely grew up on internet humor.

And I think it can be pretty funny :drshrug:
I don’t. I guess I’m too jaded but like… idk it just all feels like lazy comedy.
There’s still a lot of game to explore, can you at least try to get through a couple more areas?
I will. But I really wish the game had been able to hook me right away. And based on what I’ve read in reviews, I’m dreading Alpine Skylines.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Who cares if it’s lazy? It makes people laugh, doesn’t it?
Idk. Lazy comedy just always makes me groan more then laugh. I appreciate effort, even in comedy. And shifty observations and situational twists are always what make me laugh the most. So random references and silly phrases just don’t. They just feel stupid.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Idk. Lazy comedy just always makes me groan more then laugh. I appreciate effort, even in comedy. And shifty observations and situational twists are always what make me laugh the most. So random references and silly phrases just don’t. They just feel stupid.
21AF6185-0442-45FB-85DA-BC83498CE786.png

Well I believe there’s a place for all forms of comedy (except for bigoted stuff, obviously) so, Y’know. Agree to disagree I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom