• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Today was a busy day. Went to the doctor, found out I have high blood pressure, got X-rays of my knees and back, had a PTSD moment, and got prescribed a new sleep medication for my sleeping issue.

Today is also my birthday.

Ordered a pizza and am waiting on that now.
Happy Birthday!:kirby:

KillerCage

Smash Master

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
The Shadow Realm :4pacman:
Yeah I was just sitting in my house minding my own business when suddenly the doorbell rang. Then when I opened the door, Hugh Neutron appeared and summoned a giant beast and blasted me with a laser. I was out cold for a couple of minutes but I just woke up and found an area in the Shadow Realm with Wifi for my phone and now I’m using it to make this post. I also found a bunch of other Smashboards users here.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I started up A Hat In Time….. I love platformers but I just don’t get the appeal here. It’s very… scattered.
Sorry to hear it ain't to your tastes.

For me personally, it's probably in my top 10 games ever, but that's just me. Though TBH, your enjoyment of it highly depends on if you like old-school platforming conventions, because that's entirely what it's based on. It doesn't try to reinvent the wheel, it stays very true to its GCN and PS2 inspirations.

D

Deleted member

The Google RPG game is surprisingly good. Only lacking 3 or 4 achievements and then I'll be done with it.
yeah, it's a really fun game.

The ost does start to get repetitive because all but like, 2 of the tracks are heavy remixes of one main track and use the exact same 5 second letmotif, but it's a fun timewaster.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sorry to hear it ain't to your tastes.

For me personally, it's probably in my top 10 games ever, but that's just me. Though TBH, your enjoyment of it highly depends on if you like old-school platforming conventions, because that's entirely what it's based on. It doesn't try to reinvent the wheel, it stays very true to its GCN and PS2 inspirations.
Banjo-Kazooie is one of my favorite games of all time. I just… idk it doesn’t feel like it has any of its own charm. It’s just Internet humor and “gamer” tropes. So far anyway, i’ve only gone through the first level. It’s just like… you’re playing as a a character who is essentially a child version of Doctor Who but the game doesn’t do anything with that.

MooMew64

Banjo-Kazooie is one of my favorite games of all time. I just… idk it doesn’t feel like it has any of its own charm. It’s just Internet humor and “gamer” tropes. So far anyway, i’ve only gone through the first level. It’s just like… you’re playing as a a character who is essentially a child version of Doctor Who but the game doesn’t do anything with that.
Oh, believe me, Hat Kid is not Doctor Who at all. In fact, the game has zero time travel until the very end, and it's mearly a 3 second plot moment.

Also, this game isn't really Banjo styled at all, it's waaaaay more Mario Sunshine.

As for the humor...

Snake, I'm not gonna lie: Given what you have shared with us, this game will not be your style of humor at all, lol.

Like, being silly and memey is the entire point of the game's script, and is the game's charm and identity.

Although, IDK where you're getting the "gamer tropes" from.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh, believe me, Hat Kid is not Doctor Who at all. In fact, the game has zero time travel until the very end, and it's mearly a 3 second plot moment.

Also, this game isn't really Banjo styled at all, it's waaaaay more Mario Sunshine.

As for the humor...

Snake, I'm not gonna lie: Given what you have shared with us, this game will not be your style of humor at all, lol.

Like, being silly and memey is the entire point of the game's script, and is the game's charm and identity.

Although, IDK where you're getting the "gamer tropes" from.
Mafia Town where the guys all have Russian accents, mustache girl’s entire schtick, hat kid being a mute who doesn’t even have a name. It’s just…. why?

Also you can’t tell me Hat Kid doesn’t look like she was inspired by doctor who.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Mafia Town where the guys all have Russian accents, mustache girl’s entire schtick, hat kid being a mute who doesn’t even have a name. It’s just…. why?

Also you can’t tell me Hat Kid doesn’t look like she was inspired by doctor who.
Her name is Hat Kid.

Yes, her parents gave her that name. Yes, it’s on her birth certificate. Stop disrespecting her culture.

MooMew64

I personally think those are all hilarious. It's supposed to be cute and silly.

It's even in the game's marketing: "A cute as heck platformer."

It's really not supposed to be taken seriously. :drshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom