• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
There probay was gonna be anime stuff but i guess they had to make last second plans
Well yeah, a lot of the stuff that was planned probably had to be scrapped due to the downsizing. Again, wish I could've seen what this event would've been like without the pandemic because of how much video game and anime stuff could've been included.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, I would say there's also watching for peak athletic talent, and it's always fin to see records broken... but then there's the matter of athletes and even countries dropping out or being banned.

Not fun stuff for anyone.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You know the Engineer Gaming meme?

Well, the TF2 community somehow hunted down nearly all the voice actors, so now we have voice lines of every TF2 class VA saying (their class) Gaming.

The only 2 that are missing are Soldier Gaming, (for obviois reasons) and, ironically, Engineer Gaming
Demo and Heavy share a VA, and so do Pyro and Spy (ironic), so that probably helped.

Apart from that, Scout and Medic's VAs both have YT channels where they use their characters' voices for content, so I'm hardly surprised they were happy to take part in it.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
And i'm just here not giving a **** about sports. I didnt even realize the Olympics were still happening, i thought we were done already lol

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
And i'm just here not giving a **** about sports. I didnt even realize the Olympics were still happening, i thought we were done already lol
Yeah I don't normally give a sh** about sports either, (the last several Olympic Games were snorefests for me), but the marketing this year did seem to go all in on Japan's pop culture stuff, you know, video games and anime, so that part interests me.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I say nothing
The first playthru is an
Experience
OK but my hands are bleeding from mashing I did in the Muscle Club minigame, help me.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Currently waiting for Kanye to drop his new albulm that was suppossed to drop 14 hours ago. Idk wtf I was thinking taking his word for the release.

What are y'all currently listening to/what was the last song you listened to?

D

Deleted member

the ost for the Google Doodle is so short and small, yet it still slaps somehow

edit: I can’t believe how perfectly I timed this post lol

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Here's the teaser BTW:

Goku always bouncing
Pan is the only person and reason why I’ll forgive the world for the lack of more anime adaptations for Super
Currently waiting for Kanye to drop his new albulm that was suppossed to drop 14 hours ago. Idk wtf I was thinking taking his word for the release.

…WWE music

osby

Smash Obsessed

My dad likes to play 80s-90s music in the car, so Pretty Fly for a White Guy.

D

Deleted member

and it goes without saying, but also the ost tor Champion Island

Noipoi

Howdy!

Last song I listened to was Magic by B.O.B. cuz I was feeling nostalgic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m weird enough to claim that Spongebob, TMNT, Avatar, and iCarly are Nickelodeon’s Big 4 properties

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marvel always being wild

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

I was watching YT for a second, but now that you got me thinking about music, I'mma go listen to "Mayflower", done by the Yuji Ohno Trio for Lupin the Third.

YT doesn't have the version I'm listening to on there but here is a version of it for those curious:

Yeah this is what I listen to when I wanna vibe

1571365359745.jpg

I'm what you might call

An intellectual

dezeray112

Smash Hero
There probay was gonna be anime stuff but i guess they had to make last second plans
Well, I mean they had to restrict a number of things due to the current circumstances which if the pandemic had not existed, we could had seen a lot more within the opening ceremony such as anime and video game characters which is something that would had likely to had happened.

Also, I believe one of the acts that had competed on America's Got Talent (even though I'm not into Reality TV shows that much) would had performed at the Opening Ceremony, but in the end, they could not.

But at least it is still nice to hear certain video game music that was played during the Parade of Nations and I had a feeling that once Japan came out, they will play the final part of the "Overture" theme from Dragon Quest which is always my favourite part of the track.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I regularly listen to 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s and 2010s music alike.

The latter two less so since there's some serious modern gems among many more generic songs

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was watching YT for a second, but now that you got me thinking about music, I'mma go listen to "Mayflower", done by the Yuji Ohno Trio for Lupin the Third.

YT doesn't have the version I'm listening to on there but here is a version of it for those curious:

Yeah this is what I listen to when I wanna vibe

View attachment 323911

I'm what you might call

An intellectual

It’s gotten to the point where we no longer spam Amogus to make fun of people spamming Amogus.

We just spam Amogus.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
someone needs to bonk the people working in all the Marvel divisions

MooMew64

It’s gotten to the point where we no longer spam Amogus to make fun of people spamming Amogus.

We just spam Amogus.
Amogus is like Big Chungus:

It has gone through all possible stages of irony, and yet it still lives.

This is the internet's test, to weed out the weak memes from the strong. The strong then prosper, and assume dominance over the weaker memes, and forge a legacy both great and terrible.

MooMew64

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai is probably the stupidest name I've seen for an anime (especially since it has almost nothing to do with bunny girls) but it's pretty good so far. The pseudo science explanations for everything are pretty annoying, though.
That show's title absolutely makes you think it's gonna be a typical ecchi booba romcom

but then you watch it and it is literally anything but that lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom