• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Get in line, bub. I got dibs on the universe for a good eon or two.

You gotta make a reservation.
I once arm wrestled Superman. The loser had to wear their underwear outside their pants.
Supermanflying.png

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why do so many enemies in Metroid just end up as bullet sponges. I swear. For a game series that’s supposed to be about exploring and manipulating the environment to your advantage, a lot of the fights just come down to shooting which would be fine if they didn’t all take so many god damn hits! Seriously. Every boss in every game should have a trick like Draygon’s. It’s so much more satisfying!
The argument I've seen is that the bosses are designed to reward you for collecting missile and health tanks. The more missile tanks you collect throughout the world, the faster you can bring a boss down.

There's also that if every boss had an easy trick to defeat them, it'd kind of trivialize the boss element of them. Which I guess could still be really satisfying if you don't like fighting the bosses, but would be kind of a let down if you're looking for a challenge.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The argument I've seen is that the bosses are designed to reward you for collecting missile and health tanks. The more missile tanks you collect throughout the world, the faster you can bring a boss down.

There's also that if every boss had an easy trick to defeat them, it'd kind of trivialize the boss element of them. Which I guess could still be really satisfying if you don't like fighting the bosses, but would be kind of a let down if you're looking for a challenge.
I guess. But like…. I keep getting the patterns down and collecting every item I can at each point in the game and they still just randomly forever to beat. I just wish the bosses were more akin to the actual gameplay you engage in for 90% of the game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Speaking of Metroid.

OH MY GOD
THIS IS SO ****ING COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
First social media reactions for James Gunn's the Suicide Squad is coming in and they have been generally positive.

Let's just hope it does not end up doing a Wonder Woman 1984 in terms of how the early social media reactions went. But Warner Bros. really need to get lot more marketing done this month.
Whoo! Good news being its amongst my most anticipated films this year!

I'm optimistic because come on its James freaking Gunn. How can it not be good?

Plus King Shark. That's more then enough to indicate it will be.

More excited for this film then I was for Black Widow or any of the upcoming MCU films this year.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ooof.

Space Jam: A New Legacy ain't getting good reviews apparently. 3.7 on IMDB, 38% on both Rotten Tomatoes and MetaCritic. Even Jeremy Jahns didn't like it.

Regardless still gonna check it out for the sake of curiosity.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Why do so many enemies in Metroid just end up as bullet sponges. I swear. For a game series that’s supposed to be about exploring and manipulating the environment to your advantage, a lot of the fights just come down to shooting which would be fine if they didn’t all take so many god damn hits! Seriously. Every boss in every game should have a trick like Draygon’s. It’s so much more satisfying!
Boss fights in Metroid are generally geared towards trying to survive the encounter. Being able to manage dodging their attacks while maintaining constant offense as much as possible.

I do think it's neat having little tricks to beating bosses like for Draygon, but it kinda defeats the purpose of the challenge if every boss can be killed in one hit. Most random enemies in Metroid can be killed rather easily especially in the late game with plasma beam and screw attack, bosses are meant to be a bit more of a blockade.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Whoo! Good news being its amongst my most anticipated films this year!

I'm optimistic because come on its James freaking Gunn. How can it not be good?

Plus King Shark. That's more then enough to indicate it will be.

More excited for this film then I was for Black Widow or any of the upcoming MCU films this year.
I'm aware that the film is done by James Gunn who is known for his work on Guardians of the Galaxy and it should be good considering it is the 4th most anticipated Summer film on the Fandango poll.

Whilst the social media reactions do seem positive, yet I still remain pretty nervous and cautious when it comes to how the reviews comes out once it has met its embargo date.

Ooof.

Space Jam: A New Legacy ain't getting good reviews apparently. 3.7 on IMDB, 38% on both Rotten Tomatoes and MetaCritic. Even Jeremy Jahns didn't like it.

Regardless still gonna check it out for the sake of curiosity.
To be honest, I have completely forgotten that Space Jam: New Legacy came out today and the reviews don't seem to be stellar.

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
I’ve heard good things about Space Jam 2 on Twitter but it’s “fun popcorn flick!” notb”it’s incredible!” or anything, which is kinda about what I expected honestly.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ok so Space Jam NL definitely loves to show off the “good side” of Warner Bros…but…
he destroyed the DC Universe again…that’s just normal Daffy
she is now a literal Amazonian, and it oddly works
TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4
but more importantly is this small cameo from Rick & Morty

Now this is what I call true turtle power.

Rest in pepperoni Shredder and Foot Clan.
2012 Raph literally has a kaiju pet (while making Tokka a kaiju mom) and 2 major episodes in season 4 because of it…so there’s definitely potential

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Nintendo: "We're sorry, we don't want your money."
I mean, as much as I think Nintendo should make their old games more avaible, I don't see what's so shocking about this?

They don't have them all avaible first hand, so what else are they supposed to say? That they endorse piracy?

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This is the best timeline.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Waluigi’s outfit from Mario Golf: Super Rush is really good, but it needs more “wah”.
-Actual Nintendo News statement

D

Deleted member

I've deleted my discord account. Don't I feel proud?

The more I entertain toxic salt mines, the more I grow in salt from my scalp. LOL. XD

Mental health comes first. ^_^

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Boss fights in Metroid are generally geared towards trying to survive the encounter. Being able to manage dodging their attacks while maintaining constant offense as much as possible.

I do think it's neat having little tricks to beating bosses like for Draygon, but it kinda defeats the purpose of the challenge if every boss can be killed in one hit. Most random enemies in Metroid can be killed rather easily especially in the late game with plasma beam and screw attack, bosses are meant to be a bit more of a blockade.
Not even to kill them in one hit. Just to make it take less time. The tricks could even be locked behind certain optional upgrades.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I wish all scalpers a very unpleasant.... well, the worst thing I can wish them while being Smashboards appropriate.

Glad I decided to go for the Steam Deck instead lol.

They're actually trying to do a reservation period with checks in place to at least attempt to prevent this garbage.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm I'n a hotel lobby and the only other person currently here Is the guard.
He's been staring at me for a while.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Say no more Gabe I'm already sold on your product :foe!:

Glad I decided to go for the Steam Deck instead lol.

They're actually trying to do a reservation period with checks in place to at least attempt to prevent this garbage.
Valve deserves credit in that they set-up an anti-scalper check with the buyer required to have purchased a game on Steam before June 2021, they really thought ahead of everything. Now I just wish it's available to be reserved in my region.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom