• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Also, sidenote to anyone else interested in the Steam Deck:

You should, in theory, be able to use emulators on it.

Do what Nintendon't and play portable Wind Waker on Dolphin. :dkmelee:

Last edited:

MooMew64

Sounds good to me! Not THE reason I would buy a Steam Deck, but still.
Again, in theory. Gotta get our hands on it first to really see what it's capable of, but seeing as how SteamOS is rooted in Linux and Dolphin can run on Linux, in theory, it should work just fine. RetroArch should also be fully compatible.

So yeah, Steam Deck could become the best way to play old Nintendo games if you put in the time to get 'em to run, lol.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Again, in theory. Gotta get our hands on it first to really see what it's capable of, but seeing as how SteamOS is rooted in Linux and Dolphin can run on Linux, in theory, it should work just fine. RetroArch should also be fully compatible.

So yeah, Steam Deck could become the best way to play old Nintendo games if you put in the time to get 'em to run, lol.
Only problem is Nintendo potentially getting their Ninteninjas on those who try to play their games on the Steam Deck. I'm sure something like that would happen!

MooMew64

Only problem is Nintendo potentially getting their Ninteninjas on those who try to play their games on the Steam Deck. I'm sure something like that would happen!
Nah, they can't do squat: Emulation isn't illegal. Only thing they can touch is ROM sites.

Having a ROM/ISO isn't illegal either, it only becomes sketchy when you provide them publicly to others, especially if via profit. Having it for personal use? Worse they can do is whine to YouTube and Twitch copystrike systems if people tried to record/stream themselves doing it.

It's why they have to resort to petty copystrike systems to go after ROM hacks and mods: They don't break the law, as they're transformative works made with custom code. However, because Mario's face is shown, Nintendo can claim "OURS NO TOUCH" and get videos/sites taken down. Biggest reason certain things went down is because they made the fatal mistake of trying to make a name for themselves or hosting things improperly: Keep things grassroots and use patchers instead of outright ROMs and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Nah, they can't do squat: Emulation isn't illegal. Only thing they can touch is ROM sites.

Having a ROM/ISO isn't illegal either, it only becomes sketchy when you provide them publicly to others, especially if via profit. Having it for personal use? Worse they can do is whine to YouTube and Twitch copystrike systems if people tried to record/stream themselves doing it.

It's why they have to resort to petty copystrike systems to go after ROM hacks and mods: They don't break the law, as they're transformative works made with custom code. However, because Mario's face is shown, Nintendo can claim "OURS NO TOUCH" and get videos/sites taken down. Biggest reason certain things went down is because they made the fatal mistake of trying to make a name for themselves or hosting things improperly: Keep things grassroots and you'll be fine.
Oh, is that so? That...s interesting, to say the least. Still, I can imagine Nintendo not wanting their games played on other systems, even if they are unable to do anything about it.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Oh, is that so? That...s interesting, to say the least. Still, I can imagine Nintendo not wanting their games played on other systems, even if they are unable to do anything about it.
They'll harass YT channels and Twitch streamers who try to bring attention to it and try to flex some lawyer muscle on a ROM site or two at worst and that's about it.

Emulators themselves are 100% legal. Nintendo, by all accounts, can't stop a thing, and I'm dang thankful for that. Soooooo much art within the industry would be lost if they had their way.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They'll harass YT channels and Twitch streamers who try to bring attention to it and try to flex some lawyer muscle on a ROM site or two at worst and that's about it.

Emulators themselves are 100% legal. Nintendo, by all accounts, can't stop a thing, and I'm dang thankful for that.
makes their own emulators to erased other emulators from existing cause why not

D

Deleted member

So, that flood I mentioned yesterday? Turns out that over 100 deaths have been counted so far with a lot more missing still and yet people have nothing better to do than going there to watch and satisfy their own curiosity like it's some festival. What the hell is wrong with them? I'd have some stronger words, but they wouldn't be suitable for Smashboards dot com.

I'm glad there was nothing where I live, even though I'm in the far west as well and only like 10 minutes away from affected areas.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
On the Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl Discord, the Nigel Thornberry channel is being filled with old Nigel memes from year ago.

Me very happy!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The emojis for the Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl Discord probably has given us clues on who's joining the fray

1626462977012.png

Shows that currently haven't been represented include:
  • Making Fiends
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • Mr. Meaty
  • Barnyard
  • Garfield (why is one of them him dressed up like Sans?)
  • My Life as a Teenage Robot
  • Fairly Odd Parents
  • Fanboy and Chum Chum

Not a guarantee but worth looking at.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The emojis for the Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl Discord probably has given us clues on who's joining the fray

View attachment 323014

• Making Fiends
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • Mr. Meaty
  • Barnyard
  • Fairly Odd Parents
  • Fanboy and Chum Chum

fighter's pass
butAwesome.png

but awesome

osby

Smash Obsessed
Looking into Persona 6 fan concepts is giving me brain damage.

It's nothing but people recycling Persona 2 or saying it should take place outside of Japan.

MooMew64

View attachment 323014

• Making Fiends
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • Mr. Meaty
  • Barnyard
  • Fairly Odd Parents
  • Fanboy and Chum Chum

I WILL lasagna Wombo Combo you all if they put Garfield in.

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 323014

• Making Fiends
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • Mr. Meaty
  • Barnyard
  • Fairly Odd Parents
  • Fanboy and Chum Chum

Catch me maining Juandissimo

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Funny thing is Nintendo are complete hypocrites because they've actually used rips from ROM sites before on their own stores.

The Wii's version of SMB1 was ripped from a ROM site, lol.
Nintendo don't want that info to be mentioned so casually...now they're gonna send Sephiroth after you
On the Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl Discord, the Nigel Thornberry channel is being filled with old Nigel memes from year ago.

Me very happy!
Hunting down this server

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
1626464944200.png

I started Blazing Emerald yesterday night and me and my underleveled team just beat Wallace.
1626465020866.png

Flareon was named Bark, Tangrowth was named Boxet, Ampharos was named Shep, Pelipper was named Dots, Jirachi was named Swish, and Venonat's evo I forgot the name of was named Mothy. All of them were girls except for Bark.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just finished Fusion. So far if I had to rank the 2D Metroid…… it would probably go Zero Mission, Samus Returns, and Super and Fusion tie. Zero Mission is just so digestible and easy to understand and everything feels fair. It was the game where I had the least amount of retries. Samus Returns has the controls down and has a lot of streamlining that made the experience incredibly enjoyable, and it’s splitting up into smaller but still open areas you progress through in order weirdly reminds me of banjo-Kazooie. Super…. I just didn’t make a connection to it. Like i can see that it’s a well designed game but the controls are finicky, your next step to progress is cryptic as hell, and there is so much time wasting going back and forth all across the map every time you decide to try a different solution. And Fusion… the x-parasites are made of sponges. Bullet sponges. I hate how many hits all the enemies take to bring down even with the most powerful weapons, and while it has a similar structure to Samus Returns, it could have used one or two more areas to really take advantage of this formula, it really needed a scan or x-Ray scope or something because progression here is also often very cryptic. And while I like the emphasis on story, I wish it had been voice acted instead of just text boxes because it got really annoying having to read it all and you can’t skip a text box the same way you can skip a cutscene. Overall, the games are good, but I really hope Dread fixes a lot of the issues I have with all of these titles and really becomes the ultimate 2D Metroid.

Also… health bars. Please. I understand the color changing mechanic but I would prefer just an easy to understand health bar.

D

Deleted member

7DC9846C-55DA-4127-8486-975CC979ACA9.jpeg

I don’t know what it is about this, but just looking at these boxes is oddly satisfying 👀

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So, how are you guys today? What are you doing? Also, what do you all think of that new Steam portable system that will be released? Seems expensive to me,
Still feeling a bit of pain in my arm since I had my second vaccination dose, but that is the only effect I have. As for the Steam portable system, it is interesting but like you said its too expensive for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom