• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
wanna know people's opinions on the toradora ending. imo, it was a pretty ****ty way to wrap everything up, especially since they had just been planning their wedding and everything. the show never said anything about taiga having to move to her moms house, and the last we saw of her, her mom had run off to who knows where. she didnt even tell ryuji about it, despite them being all but engaged. it would make slightly more sense if they had a season 2 or even a movie, but afaik there's no plans for either of those

edit: and he shouldve ended up with minorin 🙄🙄🙄
I don't remember that much of it since I watched that anime years ago, but I didn't like it at first. It came as too much of a shock, and it felt like some things were still missing.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm not really one to emulate often, but no company will make me pay $1000 to a guy who was hoarding the game for years. This isn't a Nintendo exlusive related problem either, some companies just do not want to rerelease their old games.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
This confirms something I was worried about. The focus being too much on references to unrelated Warner Bros. properties, and not enough on the actual story. The Looney Tunes have enough appeal on their own; I don't know why they needed to bring everything else into this.

MooMew64

I'm not really one to emulate often, but no company will make me pay $1000 to a guy who was hoarding the game for years. This isn't a Nintendo exlusive related problem either, some companies just do not want to rerelease their old games.
Legit I speculate sometimes companies like Nintendo feel threatened by their own backlog.

Like, I legit do sometimes wonder if it's because they're scared people will like the old games too much that they won't buy new ones and that they'll harm sales.

Which is silly thinking and only shows a lack of confidence in your own project, but hey, I got no idea as to any better reason why companies act like making emulators is some Herculean feat when we've had people in their basements making near flawless emulation on their own dime for 2 decades now.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I watched the new Space Jam this morning - it seems weird to me that movies like Mad Max: Fury Road, Casablanca, the Matrix, and Austin Powers (along with Game of Thrones and Rick and Morty) get more screentime in the movie itself than the Space Jam theme. (if it shows up, it's only in the credits, not the actual movie)

There were some entertaining moments, but the whole thing felt like LeBron James and Warner Bros. getting into a competition to see who can pat themselves on the back the most, and the movie's message/lesson seemed really confused and uncertain. (it was clearly building towards a "be yourself/follow your own interests" lesson, but the ending left the window open that the kid was going to do what LeBron wanted anyway)

Also, the Nerdlucks/Monstars (the villains from the first one) felt weirdly shoe-horned in - it's only a cameo, but it's unclear why they were included or whose side they were on, and it felt like they were abruptly added in at the last minute.

At least Don Cheadle was having fun with overacting, though I felt like they could have done something that's crazier from a visual standpoint with him in the movie's climax.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This confirms something I was worried about. The focus being too much on references to unrelated Warner Bros. properties, and not enough on the actual story. The Looney Tunes have enough appeal on their own; I don't know why they needed to bring everything else into this.
saying that as if WB really cares about their properties. And don't worry...only the entirety(?) of the 2nd act is focused on pretty much every other Warner property...and a good bit of the 3rd act...but there is a storyline reason as to why that's the case full time
I watched the new Space Jam this morning - it seems weird to me that movies like Mad Max: Fury Road, Casablanca, the Matrix, and Austin Powers (along with Game of Thrones and Rick and Morty) get more screentime in the movie itself than the Space Jam theme. (if it shows up, it's only in the credits, not the actual movie)

There were some entertaining moments, but the whole thing felt like LeBron James and Warner Bros. getting into a competition to see who can pat themselves on the back the most, and the movie's message/lesson seemed really confused and uncertain. (it was clearly building towards a "be yourself/follow your own interests" lesson, but the ending left the window open that the kid was going to do what LeBron wanted anyway)

At least Don Cheadle was having fun with overacting, though I felt like they could have done something that's crazier from a visual standpoint with him in the movie's climax.
Don carried the entire movie alongside Zendaya Bunny and that goated cameo from Rick & Morty

MooMew64

So, how are you guys today? What are you doing? Also, what do you all think of that new Steam portable system that will be released? Seems expensive to me,
I'm doing well. Took today off from work because they offered due to things being slow.

Also, I spent the day with my Mom helping me and my brother get order reservations in for the Steam Deck, lol. We both successfully have one, so as soon as they send invitations in December we'll be able to order and get one!

As for the system itself, I adore the concept and think it's exciting. Stuff like this is gonna be the future of portable gaming, and the technology behind it all is very exciting. As for the price...Well, it's PC gaming, it's gonna have a high price tag, unfortunately. However, I was gonna buy a graphics card this year anyways, and since those are...not available, at the moment, and this just beats out the Switch OLED for what I want from a premium handheld, this just made more sense for me, so I'm excited to get my hands on it. There is a lot of potential here with this tech, and I'm excited to see how far Valve takes it! Having my entire portable library of Sonic, Yakuza, and indie games on a system that can give me actual frames while I play it? Heck yeah.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I'm doing well. Took today off from work because they offered due to things being slow.

Also, I spent the day with my Mom helping me and my brother get order reservations in for the Steam Deck, lol. We both successfully have one, so as soon as they send invitations in December we'll be able to order and get one!

As for the system itself, I adore the concept and think it's exciting. Stuff like this is gonna be the future of portable gaming, and the technology behind it all is very exciting. As for the price...Well, it's PC gaming, it's gonna have a high price tag, unfortunately. However, I was gonna buy a graphics card this year anyways, and since those are...not available, at the moment, and this just beats out the Switch OLED for what I want from a premium handheld, this just made more sense for me, so I'm excited to get my hands on it. There is a lot of potential here with this tech, and I'm excited to see how far Valve takes it! Having my entire portable library of Sonic, Yakuza, and indie games on a system that can give me actual frames while I play it? Heck yeah.
I see. I could get one myself. Still, if you and your brother are each getting one, you must have a lot of money!

Either way, looks like the Nintendo Switch may have some competition with the Steam Deck!

D

Deleted member

Personally, my steam library is so small I don’t really think the Steam Deck is worth it for me(and I mostly play multiplayer games like GMOD anyway, which somewhat invalidates the portable aspect of the device) but it’s a promising look at what modern gaming is going to look like.

MooMew64

I see. I could get one myself. Still, if you and your brother are each getting one, you must have a lot of money!

Either way, looks like the Nintendo Switch may have some competition with the Steam Deck!
I wouldn't say Nintendo has anything to fear from this: Its price is not at all general consumer friendly. You have to be a big PC and tech enthusiast to jump onboard the concept this early, and the general market isn't gonna do that. Not to mention the Switch has Nintendo's own IPs, which, let's be real, is the only thing that actually sells their systems in the first place.

This thing is definitely more for people who are tech enthusiasts first and foremost.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
They won't. The Switch Market and the Steam Deck Market barely overlap. This won't affect Nintendo in any meaningful way, for better or for worse.
I wouldn't say Nintendo has anything to fear from this: Its price is not at all general consumer friendly. You have to be a big PC and tech enthusiast to jump onboard the concept this early, and the general market isn't gonna do that. Not to mention the Switch has Nintendo's own IPs, which, let's be real, is the only thing that actually sells their systems in the first place.

This thing is definitely more for people who are tech enthusiasts first and foremost.
Okay then. I guess I should have known that.

I’m heading over to my local game store for the first time since covid to browse around a bit.
For what? Steam Deck?

D

Deleted member

One of the big benefits of the Steam Deck is that unlike other brand-new consoles(where you always have the worry that companies won’t hop on and develop games for it) Steam is well, Steam. There’s already enough games to satisfy just about anyones taste already on the market, so people might be more likely to buy it over, say, a PS5 which only has so many games worth playing at the moment. that, of course, assumes you can even get your hands on a PS5.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

For what? Steam Deck?
cmon. You know what I’m into.
7E9794DE-414E-4844-A51D-7DFAAA9627FB.png

I’m mostly just going there to look around and see if they have anything I might want to get. For all I know, they might have boxes of CF Vanguard or Digimon stuff.

MooMew64

One of the big benefits of the Steam Deck is that unlike other brand-new consoles(where you always have the worry that companies won’t hop on and develop games for it) Steam is well, Steam. There’s already enough games to satisfy just about anyones taste already on the market, so people might be more likely to buy it over, say, a PS5 which only has so many games worth playing at the moment. that, of course, assumes you can even get your hands on a PS5.
Exactly. In this instance, it's a zero risk investment: You will have games to play on it now and in the future. Getting games isn't contingent on the system itself being a success.

Well, I might get the Steam Deck, eventually. I mean, I have never been into PC gaming, but I am into console gaming. With the Steam Deck being a kind of console thing, I might as well give it a try.
I'd caution only to look into it if you really like the tech behind it or want to break into experimental PC gaming, because that's definitely who this is for.

On the plus side, it's a full on computer, you could even install Windows on it if you're tech-savvy. Valve is making it completely open, so if you're into PC gaming and new mobile tech, then yeah, it's a cool gadget.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom