• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok. We have :ultmario: and :ultbowser:. We have :ultlink: and :ultganondorf:. We have :ultsamus: and :ultridley:. We have :ultdk: and :ultkrool:. We have :ultkirby: and :ultkingdedede:. We have :ultfox: and :ultwolf:. We have :ultpikachu: and :ultmewtwo:. We even have friggin :ultcloud: and :ultsephiroth:! Which franchises are still missing their villain and which one would you pick to fill that spot?

Also, Eggman is obvious. Please don’t just comment Eggman.
:ultinkling: Octoling, technically.

Some are enemies, some are friends.

osby

Smash Obsessed
ok, ok, OK

osby osby , @Guh-Huzzah!

Here's the deal, be prepared, there's probably going to be alot to read.

To starth with, I decided to go the Deeper Well to

1)Get the 3 sheet notes that will be important later.
2)Go to Humprey so that I can give him the check, allowing the group to return in his belly. (vore joke here)

After I did the first thing, I took a moment to go "HAHA" on Sweethe- I mean, SWEEPHeart, OOOOH. For taking so much screentime compared to my man Jawsum, get rekt, girl!

I went to Humprey and gave back the slime girls their bodies...well beside Molly, since she prefer staying a head.

The rewards for helping them is:

1)A Finger from Marina...a actual finge btw. Make the wearer angry, if I coded this time. I would have the wearer sad, but that's just me.

2)High Heels from Molly, which look nice....but I don't think I use it.

3)and finally the Mystery Potion from Medusa. Which allow Omori to change into a girl, so long he is underwater, doesn't fight or doesn't look at a mirror.

Beside going to the girl bathroom np, this item is more a easter egg for the time a option for choosing Omori/Sunny gender was possible. Sadly it would have taken too much time to remake all the arts & changing dialogues here and there to account for the new gender (especially since Aubrey would have gender swap too), so really, having the form still in the final game is a nice throwback.

That all said & done, while i'm probably going to hell for this. I fought Mutantheart at last!....and got a game over on her, and was this close to getting another game over before I reseted.

See, the fight is more of a puzzle than a straight up fight: Mutantheart will ask the party to have a certain emotion, and if someone doesn't have it, she will kill them in one shot (two shot in Omori case).

Now, I knew this already, but the thing is that, while I might be wrong here, in her neutral state, if all party member are the emotion she want, she will do a attack that change the emotion of a random member and then kill said party member for not following her request.

I didn't know that part, and alongside my brain being just....somewhere else I guess. Despite being well prepared, I died on my first try and my second try went to **** really quick. (that and I was too focused on trying to use Gator Aid, even though it mean nothing in this fight since she will always kill you in one hit) So I had to gather my thoughts for the third one, and after some trouble, I did it and now I feel both proud & bad for killing a innocent creature like her....but exp is exp.

Annnd yeah, after that done. haven't did much else since i'm not prepared for Perfecheart at all. (I did forgot to look at the boss rush, oops) I did notice this however.
View attachment 313887
Remember the voice of the Deeper Well saying the headspace version of the gang died & reincarnated many times?

Yeah, the fates of those version of our friends must have not very funny at all...

Still, with that all done, our next destination was SH castle...or rather, the Lost Library, which is open once again for the whole group this time!

Setting foots here, the place is now infested of various Something monsters. Fighting them give nothing, no exp or foe facts, so it's better to ignore them imo. No, we gotta go where Mari piano is...

Remember the 3 sheets? Well, putting them on her piano allow to fight all 3 fears Sunny had, Falling, Spider & Drowing.

Now, before we go all 3 battles: a few things to know:

-Like battle with form of Something, everyone but Omori get the statue Afraid. Which make follow-up attack and any skills but Guard impossible to use. You might be thinking that, if you're like my past self, you can't rid of this statue and Omori as to do the job....NOPE.

-With the use of items, you can bring your team back to normal and fight each Something like any normal enemies....HOWEVER, LIKE SAID BEFORE, I DIDN'T KNOW THIS. SO I HAD TO FIGHT ALL THE 3 BOSS WITH EVERYONE AFRAID AND OMORI DOING MOST OF THE JOB AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Yet, I did it without losing once.

How?

-To get to the point: Red Hand, the skill you get at the start of the last day. Is basically ****ING POWERFUL, it hit 4 times and each hit deal MASSIVE DAMAGES (THOSE HANDS WERE MADE WITH FLEX TAPES) Meaning outside of needing at the very least 75 juice point, Omori alone can take most of those boss pretty well on his own.

-That's not it tho, using rubber band with each party member beside Omori, the boss defense were usually at their lowest, meaning even more damages. (tho I didn't change Omori emotions because I thought it be too risky at time)

-I had alot of good healing item on me while fighting thoses. You will use your best healing items sooner or rather due to them having alot of AoE attacks, especially 1, but I won't spoil which.

I also won't spoils what each of those 3 bosses do in particular. Tho I will say that one is easy, one is middle and the last one is HARD. So beware and don't make the same mistake as me.

Finally, each boss don't give exp, but instead give Omori new skills:

- VERTIGO ( Deals damage to all foes based on user's SPEED and greatly reduces their ATTACK.)

- CRIPPLE ( Deals big damage to all foes and greatly reduces their SPEED. )

and

- SUFFOCATE ( Deals 400 damage to all foes and greatly reduces their DEFENSE. )

All skills require 45 juice, which is alot, but alot less than 75. They're basically upgrade version of Mock, Trick & Shun too, somewhat. (you don't need to setup the enemy emotion at least)

One of the reasons I wanted to fight them now is that I could get those skills for future battles. I'm thinking of using Vertigo & Suffocate for the future, tho Cripple could work here and there too. Symbolism wise, Omori using the very fear than Sunny has to take down his enemies is pretty morbid...but if you played the full route, you know by now Omori is just as much a type of Something, so in a way, it make alot of sense.

Worse tho, the piano in the room is now gone, and Omori as pretty much erased almost all memories of Mari beside the good one (and even then, apparantly, the books in the library are now all scribbled out). Causing even more of a death of personality for Sunny than the poor boy already had.

A part of me can't help but feel bad about it, but I do want to give myself all the tools I can get to handle the harder superbosses, so if your heart can take it, try to fight those dudes as soon as possibles.

Finally, beating them all allow access to Black Space 2 via Omori laptop in White Space, and while I first wanted to give my thoughts on them. I think it's better you experience for yourself. I will say tho:

1)You can access part of Black Space 1 & 2 via multiples part in Headspace. (Like Jawsum elevator or by looking in a hole in the rare bear room for exemples
2)Here are some images to give you a idea what I found
View attachment 313904
View attachment 313905
3) Black Space is basically 50% pure dread & horror that I hate with all my living, and 50% ****post that make me laugh and put me in a false sense of security.

In other words, I don't like this place, but you bet i'm gonna try find more.
That's it for now, lemme know what you think.
You really took the hard way with that three boss fight but it's impressive how you managed it in the end. I never got into the Black Space in this route and now I'm kinda glad I didn't. I'm too much of a wuss for it.

Mutantheart is... an interesting boss. I usually find "follow this rule" types of fights annoying but in Omori, emotion changing is a central mechanic so it's more of a test of your basic skills than anything.

As for girl Omori, it would be nice to get a choice but I get why it's hard to do. Though, I think Sunny was a pretty gender-neutral character so I don't think story would change much. It's not like Kel's best buddy or Aubrey's crush being a girl would be weird.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ok. We have :ultmario: and :ultbowser:. We have :ultlink: and :ultganondorf:. We have :ultsamus: and :ultridley:. We have :ultdk: and :ultkrool:. We have :ultkirby: and :ultkingdedede:. We have :ultfox: and :ultwolf:. We have :ultpikachu: and :ultmewtwo:. We even have friggin :ultcloud: and :ultsephiroth:! Which franchises are still missing their villain and which one would you pick to fill that spot?

Fire Emblem lacks a villain.

Give us Evil Marth.

Seriously though Black Knight would be cool even if I'd admit the FE representation is already a bit much as is.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
As soon as Nintendo announces what day their E3 show is, I'll be asking work that day off.

I'm exciting for Microsoft and Ubisoft too, but I'll won't ask their days' off.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
When Limited Run Games is sus

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
When Limited Run Games is sus
Cue the horde of squeakers demanding their parents to buy this version of the game (assuming they ever find out about it in the first place).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Black Knight’s not another boring protagonist, he’d be cool.

What color is his hair tho?
Why do you like Banjo if boring protags are not your thing?

Stuff Smash fans can use to tell between different people:
  1. Are they a villain?
  2. What they hold in their hand?
  3. Hair color?
  4. ?
  5. ??
  6. ??????

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Porky I guess?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Fire Emblem lacks a villain.

Give us Evil Marth.

Seriously though Black Knight would be cool even if I'd admit the FE representation is already a bit much as is.
I always say that the one fire emblem character I want is Medeus. He’s a friggin earth dragon! Imagine an earth element character in smash! We don’t have that anywhere!

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I always say that the one fire emblem character I want is Medeus. He’s a friggin earth dragon! Imagine an earth element character in smash! We don’t have that anywhere!
Hey, my MW is an earth-based character, too! She can cause tremors and spires and everything! That just leaves me with the looming worry about her getting flak for being a swordie, regardless of her lack of Fire Emblem-ness (she also weilds two swords, which has also never been done before, so it either helps or hurts her cause).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Is it weird that I don't get why people ask for specific elements like grass or earth in Smash?

Like, a character using grass or earth doesn't tell me anything about how they actually play.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You really took the hard way with that three boss fight but it's impressive how you managed it in the end. I never got into the Black Space in this route and now I'm kinda glad I didn't. I'm too much of a wuss for it.

Mutantheart is... an interesting boss. I usually find "follow this rule" types of fights annoying but in Omori, emotion changing is a central mechanic so it's more of a test of your basic skills than anything.

As for girl Omori, it would be nice to get a choice but I get why it's hard to do. Though, I think Sunny was a pretty gender-neutral character so I don't think story would change much. It's not like Kel's best buddy or Aubrey's crush being a girl would be weird.
Yeah, only one really scared me off, but thanks to all the items I had, I somehow managed to win in the end. (Tho Hero did die at the end, so it almost went badly)

Problem now is that I have to to resuply for future bosses, buuuut I should be able to refill if I search well enough. (still mad/sad that I couldn't use Gator Aid tho ;_; )

And yeeaaah, that place is not for those with a small heart. Tho again, there's alot of funny stuff among the horror, soooo maybe that can keep your sanity intact....even if I sometime wonder if I already lost it or not.

Mutantheart is basically: "hope you bought alot of items that change the emotions of everyone in the groups in one turn, OR YOU'RE ****": The Boss Battle.

Thankfully i'm loaded wit cash, so I had alot of thoses.

Yeah, I think it's mostly the artwork side of things where it would have cause problems. Since there's so much art of Omori & Sunny, they would have had to delay the game a bit to get it all done, but since peoples were already mad enough with the delay and lack of communication at the time, they had to sacrifice something to make the release date in time.

Tho hey, maybe some crazy ************ will make a big ass mod that allow to play the story as girl Omori/Sunny, the sprites are already there after all. Plus some peoples can replicate quite well the art style of Omori, so keep your fingers crossed just in case.

Speaking of mod, I advice to check this video if you got time. Trust me, it's high quality. (for everyone else tho, BIG SPOILERS IN THAT LINK)

You can also play it for your own if you know how Omori modding work.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Double post
Hey, my MW is an earth-based character, too! She can cause tremors and spires and everything! That just leaves me with the looming worry about her getting flak for being a swordie, regardless of her lack of Fire Emblem-ness (she also weilds two swords, which has also never been done before, so it either helps or hurts her cause).
And she is?

Giygas doesn’t have a physical form.
How the hell would Giygas work as a fighter?
Mother 1 would like to disagree with you.
Is it weird that I don't get why people ask for specific elements like grass or earth in Smash?

Like, a character using grass or earth doesn't tell me anything about how they actually play.
Fair point.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
And she is?

Ever since I played the first game on 3DS a year or so ago, I've completely fallen in love with the franchise to the point I want to see a rep in Smash. I know it's a next-to-none possibility, but it's still extremely fun to think about. Asuka herself can bring a ton to the table, like the aforementioned earth powers and sword dual-wielding, a rapid-fire assault of kunai, the ability to chase after opponents she launches... I could honestly gush on and on about the ideas I have, but that'd just wind up boring the thread to death.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Ever since I played the first game on 3DS a year or so ago, I've completely fallen in love with the franchise to the point I want to see a rep in Smash. I know it's a next-to-none possibility, but it's still extremely fun to think about. Asuka herself can bring a ton to the table, like the aforementioned earth powers and sword dual-wielding, a rapid-fire assault of kunai, the ability to chase after opponents she launches... I could honestly gush on and on about the ideas I have, but that'd just wind up boring the thread to death.
No. She shouldn’t get in. I don’t want Sakurai to force her into a double mastectomy

Noipoi

Howdy!

Sorry pal, but this is a game for good boys and gir- :ultpyra:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Giygas could work imo, there’s good ideas on his thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.