• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also because in the lore Mephiles was wiped from existence at conception after the final boss of 06, being wiped from the timeline means nobody remembers him

...Although SOnic generations mildly condradicts this by having Crisis city in the game at all.
While I do think it’s cool that Sega didn’t try and pretend Sonic 06 didn’t exist, and actually made a functioning level out of it.

I wonder if anyone would’ve minded if they just left 06 out.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I still randomly think about how promising Indivisible was and how good it could be if it didn't feel like it was made by people who hates JRPGs.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
While I do think it’s cool that Sega didn’t try and pretend Sonic 06 didn’t exist, and actually made a functioning level out of it.

I wonder if anyone would’ve minded if they just left 06 out.
That's what made Generations special, it pays tribute to practically everything sonic at that point.
It's sad that they kinda dropped this in the 2010's, focuses on only classic nostalgia.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's what made Generations special, it pays tribute to practically everything sonic at that point.
It's sad that they kinda dropped this in the 2010's, focuses on only classic nostalgia.
Mania was great but I hate hw it gave even more fuel to "2D Sonic only good Sonic" crowd.

SEGA really should stop giving attention to that fans when making 3D games. Let the two styles co-exist if you have to.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I still randomly think about how promising Indivisible was and how good it could be if it didn't feel like it was made by people who hates JRPGs.
Outside of the arts and animation, I heard alot of mixed things about this game.

If you can, what's the problem with it? (beside the point where they lied about DLC)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Mania was great but I hate hw it gave even more fuel to "2D Sonic only good Sonic" crowd.

SEGA really should stop giving attention to that fans when making 3D games. Let the two styles co-exist if you have to.
Honestly it feels like there's more bad classic Sonics than there are bad modern Sonics.

But you know, the original trilogy is so high quality that people chose to ignore the games that surrounded those.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Outside of the arts and animation, I heard alot of mixed things about this game.

If you can, what's the problem with it? (beside the point where they lied about DLC)
The characters have potential but there are so many of them so the game can't develop most of them properly.
Same thing with the plot. It's interesting but because the game is so short, everything is rushed.
Platforming sections make going from one place to another a chore.
There is little to no character customization for characters other than the protag Ajna. You just gain new ones, leveling up does nothing but basic stat increases.
Combat is paced like a fighting game rather than a turn based RPG. So the enemies either take too long or too short to beat with very little inbetween. There's also not much strategy involved.

Overall, it's a turn based RPG that tries its hardest to be an action platformer. There was a lot of good parts and I admire that they tried to do something unique. But I think it really shows that Lab Zero is originally a fighting game developer and not in a good way.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The characters have potential but there are so many of them so the game can't develop most of them properly.
Same thing with the plot. It's interesting but because the game is so short, everything is rushed.
Platforming sections make going from one place to another a chore.
There is little to no character customization for characters other than the protag Ajna. You just gain new ones, leveling up does nothing but basic stat increases.
Combat is paced like a fighting game rather than a turn based RPG. So the enemies either take too long or too short to beat with very little inbetween. There's also not much strategy involved.

Overall, it's a turn based RPG that tries its hardest to be an action platformer. There was a lot of good parts and I admire that they tried to do something unique. But I think it really shows that Lab Zero is originally a fighting game developer and not in a good way.
Dang, if that's all true (haven't seen much of the game myself), then that stink.

Especially since it was like a big project for Lab Zero at the time.

Guess the Skullgirl Curse is so strong, it affect other game made by the studio.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also because in the lore Mephiles was wiped from existence at conception after the final boss of 06, being wiped from the timeline means nobody remembers him

...Although SOnic generations mildly condradicts this by having Crisis city in the game at all.
That's cause the Time Eater was able to go into the timeline, even one erased, and rip it out of there.

It's basically a typical thing with time shenanigans. Infinite timelines, etc. It's an old plot thing they do all the time. Also, wasn't it based upon the present Crisis City, and not the future one? That one actually should still somewhat exist to a degree, since the location wasn't erased when Mephiles was. It's just the future where it's a grimdark/deadly place would be gone. I think it might've been a mishmash of both designs(present and future) though...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
And today in the profile posts section, someone's talking about eating dogs and I think they're being unironic about it.

Things like that make me wonder why I ever go on social media...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That's cause the Time Eater was able to go into the timeline, even one erased, and rip it out of there.

It's basically a typical thing with time shenanigans. Infinite timelines, etc. It's an old plot thing they do all the time. Also, wasn't it based upon the present Crisis City, and not the future one? That one actually should still somewhat exist to a degree, since the location wasn't erased when Mephiles was. It's just the future where it's a grimdark/deadly place would be gone. I think it might've been a mishmash of both designs(present and future) though...
Crisis city only existed in the future where Mephiles already won, it wouldnt exist at all if he doesnt.

The present equivalent would just be Soleanna.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
When you're trying to think of a very clever & funny joke in your brain, but no matter how much time goes, you can't think of one.
And today in the profile posts section, someone's talking about eating dogs and I think they're being unironic about it.

The profile post section was a mistake & it's still a mistake to this day. (assuming you're refering to the one on the front page)

Shroob

Sup?

Well.

Maybe they're in an Asian country where that's not that uncommon?

....I 'unno I'm just tossin' out ideas here. :drshrug:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Okay, can someone please tell me why images from Wikia show up dead? It's been bothering me for a while now, and I wanna make a post with a picture from it.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I started that Psycho Dream game on the Switch's SNES collection. It's alright so far. Bosses are kind of annoying if you don't get the gun or Guyver superform(you start with a sword, at least when playing the dude). On the opposite end, enemies are usually easier to deal with when you have the swords and its upgrades since you can hit in an arc. And the gun's not exactly as good as the Mega Buster or Samus' gun in terms of speed. It's got the same retro-creepy vibe as Contra and Castlevaina so far. It definitely takes cues from CV.

Still waiting for Final Fight 2 and 3 and Run Saber.

Last edited:
Reactions: ---

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
And it’s labeled SA-2.

Clearly referring to the Dreamcast classic, the Floigan Brothers.
Of all the weird obscure stuff to joke about

I would have never expected you to pull out the ****ing Floigan Bros. of all things

D

Deleted member

Last night was pain for me.

IDK what happened but I’m pretty sure I almost died, somehow. If I didn’t, then I sure as hell felt like I was.

Last edited by a moderator:

duxx

Smash Ace

you mean this?
"Reasons for veganism:
Preventing climate change
Pursuing a healthier diet

Reasons vegans try to get you to become vegan:
"You wouldn't eat a dog, would you?"
"You're racist towards animals!"

Yes, I would eat a dog. I've heard they're delicious
Yes. I am racist against animals. They are literally objectively inferior. That's not being cruel. We're talking about pigs and chickens, not sapient beings."

D

Deleted member

Imagine what it would look like if it snowed in April.

Oh wait, you don’t have to imagine it, it actually happened
49ED2604-4199-482F-8265-1662B9402ED1.jpeg

dezeray112

Smash Hero

All six English Football Teams have decided to say **** it to the European Super League. As someone who played football a lot as a kid (not anymore) this pleases me.

We don't want soccer to ever be like the NBA or NFL. It's called the beautiful game for a reason.

Know most of yous don't care but it's the biggest sport on the planet.
Its the best decision that all six teams including Manchester United withdrew. Having a European Super League will destroy the credibility of soccer/football.

Money and greed should never be considered as a factor within the Premier League no matter what.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
you mean this?
"Reasons for veganism:

Yes. I am racist against animals. They are literally objectively inferior. That's not being cruel. We're talking about pigs and chickens, not sapient beings."
Given who posted that, I am not really all that surprised. They hang out pretty much exclusively in the profile posts and their post history is...A thing alright.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Crisis city only existed in the future where Mephiles already won, it wouldnt exist at all if he doesnt.

The present equivalent would just be Soleanna.
Then yep, Time Eater going into another timeline. At least it's an easy explanation. Not sure how many other regular stages would've worked from the game, though. I guess it's one of the more popular stages?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So yesterday in Terraria, I crafted the Terraspark Boots, and got a metal detector from a Nymph. Once I finish the Cell Phone I'll take on the Wall of Flesh.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

That reminds me since I’ve been working on my Sonic fighting game’s story mode writing lately that I plan on acknowledging this. When events cause realities to collapse, Mephiles will reappear and slowly begin to take form, memories of him would return for a little while and he confirms that since he was wiped from reality, he was cursed to exist between timelines and realities as an anomaly, opposing those who wish to return reality to normal.
His presence in his formless state actually would have some unintentional effects on the damaged reality, mainly amplifying violent feelings and thoughts of others and causing them to lash out

That’s one of the things I wanted to bring back with Sonic Clash and its story. I want this to feel like a celebration of Sonic’s history both good and bad.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
you mean this?
"Reasons for veganism:

The irony here is that this post made the guy inferior to the pig or the chicken in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom