• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I can't actually see the post peoples are talking about.

Which probably mean that my past self did a good decision for once....

....oooor i'm looking at the wrong place.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's been a while since I did one of these.

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

EMELA-NTOUKA

Episode Title: "Emela-Ntouka"
Subject matter: Emela-Ntouka
Summary: While working in a rail yard. A group of workers discovers a massive crate that's been broken open from inside, unsure what to make of this, they simply dismiss it and proceeds on with their day which eventually comes back to terrorize them when they're suddenly attacked by a territorial and aggressive animal clearly of prehistoric origin that was meant to be moved from a hidden African valley to a secure location.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why do you have to apply for a credit card to do Xbox all access? All that does is impede the process!

But I don’t care anymore. I just want next gen! I didn’t pre-order because I thought I would get one for Christmas, how was I supposed to know that there would be massive stock issues because of a global pandemic? I wish one of these retailers would let you get on a waitlist or something.

Long story short, get vaccinated so next gen system stock issues can be fixed.

D

Deleted member

Back in my day Flip Phones and Phones with keyboards were the new hotness.

I saw the rise of the touchscreen in real time.
It defintelly feels weird to think about how, while I was in elementary, my grandparents and parents still had flipphones that only had a couple games, and that that was the norm.

Times have changed since then, that's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
A while back I was at one of those "flex your account age" games on roblox

A kid took one look at my join date that said 2009 and said "Wow! You made your account the year I was born!"

I felt myself age ten years that day

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Its the best decision that all six teams including Manchester United withdrew. Having a European Super League will destroy the credibility of soccer/football.

Money and greed should never be considered as a factor within the Premier League no matter what.
I mean, the League is already ****ed over by money and greed, the only thing really stopping the "big 6" (lmao Tottenham) from completely dominating is incompetence and a few other clubs also getting big swathes of money.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Given who posted that, I am not really all that surprised. They hang out pretty much exclusively in the profile posts and their post history is...A thing alright.
I think I'm more surprised that he managed to earn three likes for that post.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
you mean this?
"Reasons for veganism:
Preventing climate change
Pursuing a healthier diet

Reasons vegans try to get you to become vegan:
"You wouldn't eat a dog, would you?"
"You're racist towards animals!"

Yes, I would eat a dog. I've heard they're delicious
Yes. I am racist against animals. They are literally objectively inferior. That's not being cruel. We're talking about pigs and chickens, not sapient beings."
TBH if it were just the first part of this it would be a good post. Being vegan has big environmental benefits, but then **** like PETA make you think people are only vegan because "eating animals is bad" and wind up not respecting or considering it as much as they should. IDK what the **** they're on about in the second part though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
TBH if it were just the first part of this it would be a good post. Being vegan has big environmental benefits, but then ** like PETA make you think people are only vegan because "eating animals is bad" and wind up not respecting or considering it as much as they should. IDK what the ** they're on about in the second part though.
Meat is meat. I’ll eat all meat. I’ll eat all meats from heads to feets. If it barks or crows or moos or bleats. I carnivore, and I eat meat.

D

Deleted member

you mean this?
"Reasons for veganism:
Preventing climate change
Pursuing a healthier diet

Reasons vegans try to get you to become vegan:
"You wouldn't eat a dog, would you?"
"You're racist towards animals!"

Yes, I would eat a dog. I've heard they're delicious
Yes. I am racist against animals. They are literally objectively inferior. That's not being cruel. We're talking about pigs and chickens, not sapient beings."
Yes. I am racist against animals.
dc3aplg-86580922-66b5-48b9-b1fc-0a8932479419.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
Meat is meat. I’ll eat all meat. I’ll eat all meats from heads to feets. If it barks or crows or moos or bleats. I carnivore, and I eat meat.
I think the post you're replying to was just pointing out the enormous environmental detriments of the industrialized modern processed meat industry. I eat meat too, I just don't get what you're trying to accomplish.

D

Deleted member

looking back on it, I think I missed a major opportunity with the last project of the year to make it One Piece themed. Or Yugioh I guess, that would work too.

And now I'm stuck with a book series I haven't ever read before and probably won't finish after this is all over.

Course, I don't know if my teacher would have even let me use a manga series in place of a regular book. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slime Master

Smash Ace
That's the thing though. If it was just "meat bad" that's just kinda how nature works, there's nothing wrong with the concept of eating meat. The problem lies in how much meat gets eaten regularly. If people eat it every day you need much more livestock than people to meet that demand. And since growing an extra pound of meat off a cow needs much more than a pound of grain, the vast majority of our crops are going to those animals, which eats up a ton of land and water. Then of course you realize cows produce methane, which is a particularly nasty greenhouse gas.

Of course you don't have to go full blown vegan for all these benefits, and of course I'm not about to control people's diets, I just think these are things worth pointing out. I think your average person just doesn't know about this kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom