• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just want to say about Sonic the Hedgehog...

The game series may not be at its best now, but the movie is good, and its sequel looks promising.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I do see Sonic having some conflict on whether to come back to his home planet and connect with those who resemble him more or stay with his human family and the town and life he’s known for years and grew accustomed to...how exactly it gets resolved I’m not sure

Well I guess, though what could be this movie’s equivalent to Chaos in that case?
I also suspect that Longclaw did survive the Echidna Tribe and was the one who sent Tails to find Sonic who met her at some point.

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Fully expecting one of those “Get outta here you stupid animal!” Scenes with Donut Lord.

When they could just, Y’know, talk it out.
Inside scoop tails knuckles dr egg man and pretzel lady ate all mistaken for racoons at least once in the film and subsequently tazed By the donut lord

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One of the main appeals I think folks notably myself finds with the Sonic movie is the fact it definitely feels like a 90s throwback. When you really think about it, this movie feels like it was made back in the 90s because that's what I honestly felt.

What I'm also liking too is how that sequels are going to eventually draw closer to being like as we see in the games, the first movie was just a simple plot being built up to those sequels eventually.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
One of the main appeals I think folks notably myself finds with the Sonic movie is the fact it definitely feels like a 90s throwback. When you really think about it, this movie feels like it was made back in the 90s because that's what I honestly felt.

What I'm also liking too is how that sequels are going to eventually draw closer to being like as we see in the games, the first movie was just a simple plot being built up to those sequels eventually.
Except when sonic does the floss thing
which I’m currently trying to block out of my Psyche

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Aren’t the Echidnas the ones attacking Sonic and his... owl mother at the beginning of the first movie?
Oh, so the actions of a few Echidnas implicates the entire Echidna race?
Get outta here!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I also suspect that Longclaw did survive the Echidna Tribe and was the one who sent Tails to find Sonic who met her at some point.
I get she was supposed to have a slightly bigger role in the first film but geez did she feel like wasted potential, if that’s true then I hope she gets a bit more screentime to develop.

I honestly think you could replace her with Vanilla the Rabbit and aside from the name and changing the “eat mice” line, nothing would’ve changed.

I have no idea.

It’s part of Knuckles’ character that he’s the last of his kind, so I expect them to keep that in. But who knows, maybe they’ll try something different.
I figured as much, i guess they could mention Chaos in passing though having him show up would be excessive. I just hope this movie doesn’t get to TMNT: Out of the Shadows levels of overbloated

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You guys are all talking about the Sonic movie has reminded me that I still haven't watched it so I'm gonna do just that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watched Godzilla vs Kong earlier tonight and hoo boy... It. Was. Awesome!

Best new 2021 film I've seen yet! (though when the other 2021 film I've seen so far is Tom & Jerry, it was a shoe in for first)
Nice to know you enjoyed it.

If I also may recommend another film to watch that I saw today you should also watch Nobody. That film was kick-*** as easily up there with Godzilla vs. Kong so far as my favorite films of this year. Turned out better than I expected.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
It’ll all be balanced out when Mario does the default dance in his movie.
It’s time like these that living somewhere remote without technology or anyone else sounds pretty good

like the bottom of the ocean that sounds remote enough
of course then some snot nosed dogfish would meme dance on me call me a swordfished geezer and slap me with his tail

****ing dogfish

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just hope this movie doesn’t get to TMNT: Out of the Shadows levels of overbloated
You telling me you don’t want to hear of the life and times of an ancient king and his family who fought in an extended war only for an interdimensional to open up unleashing thirteen monsters into our realm and when the king used his magic power to seal the monsters his family was turned to stone and he was rendered immortal and now he walks the land endlessly searching for a way to free his brethren

in your cowabunga turtle movie?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I get she was supposed to have a slightly bigger role in the first film but geez did she feel like wasted potential, if that’s true then I hope she gets a bit more screentime to develop.

I honestly think you could replace her with Vanilla the Rabbit and aside from the name and changing the “eat mice” line, nothing would’ve changed.
Well originally in a deleted scene or original plot (When Sonic had that abomination of a design), she was supposed to escape with Sonic onto earth trying to stay hidden from humans, eventually, at some point, she died of old age or natural causes.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The Sonic movie 2 is Eggman finding a crystal in another world, and decides to power up his space station for domination he needs more crystals, so he enlists Sonic and friends to bring him the crystals under the guise of a world ending threat. Meanwhile, his old assistant, mad that he was forgotten, needs them to collect the gems so that they can blow up the space station.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Sonic movie 2 is Eggman finding a crystal in another world, and decides to power up his space station for domination he needs more crystals, so he enlists Sonic and friends to bring him the crystals under the guise of a world ending threat. Meanwhile, his old assistant, mad that he was forgotten, needs them to collect the gems so that they can blow up the space station.
That sound N. Tertaining.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I suspect Sonic 2 will also have Metal Sonic given the quill Robotnik still possesses in the end.

If there is a Sonic 3 which I think there will be it'll probably introduce Shadow (Could also appear or be hinted in a post-credits in Sonic 2). I wonder how that will be pulled off given the dude is over a hundred years old.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Happy Michael the spikester noises
There's gonna be plenty of people who didn't like the film and I'm alright with that. It's called having an opinion.

And if I had to be honest I actually did have plenty of problems with the movie but what made up for it was the giant monster fun.

I especially wasn't a fan of the whole Bleach jokes (Showering in bleach notably) as well as saving the day in defeating Mechagodzilla by pouring whiskey onto the control panel. Also didn't get anything out of the characters from Godzilla's side of the story.

Movie also would have benefitted in the two subplots being their own separate films as they felt like they were two plots put together.

Overall movie could have been better but never the less it was as I hoped and anticipated and that's all I was asking for. Fun giant monster action.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
**** i just realized that the Sonic movie follows the story that Sonic team made up on the fly to explain the weird environments in later games.
"There's a human world and an animal world that Sonic casually travels between" ...Which i'm also realizing is a carry over from Sonic X (Which is an isekai anime lol)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just hope this movie doesn’t get to TMNT: Out of the Shadows levels of overbloated
for a moment I thought you meant the just as bad video game with the same name that released 3 years earlier

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m glad that some of my rules for society have still not been figured out.
If we got deep into how you’d forcibly change every man into a woman against their will the mods would get pissy.

Especially because I’d launch a detailed rant at your callousness filled with so many swears I’d get banned for life.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If we got deep into how you’d forcibly change every man into a woman against their will the mods would get pissy.

Especially because I’d launch a detailed rant at your callousness filled with so many swears I’d get banned for life.
That’s actually not one of them. Mostly because in the time since my last misandrist rant I learned I actually am attracted to men. Ya girl’s bi.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ah Mephelis. The one villain Eggman didn’t bother to clone in Forces. And he cloned ZAVOK.
Also because in the lore Mephiles was wiped from existence at conception after the final boss of 06, being wiped from the timeline means nobody remembers him

...Although SOnic generations mildly condradicts this by having Crisis city in the game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom