• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Now all they have to do is address the situation on Japan Studio, the LoU remake rumors, and the reported forced bricking of their consoles, and they may have a chance on winning back all their PR that they lost these last few weeks (or not, I can’t tell anymore).

Really? Wow, good for them! What are they making now?
Some VR stuff but at least they didn’t go under after Sega set them up for failure.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
With both expansions included I’d bump it up to good.

But yeah man. I remember really liking it when I first played it, but when I really thought about it I realized it was because I went in blind. And the experience of finding all the new Pokémon for the first time was really really fun.

I don’t think it’s trash garbage, there are several things I still like about it, but it definitely needed more time in the oven.
Yeah, it definitely gets worse with age. Like, the DLC salvaged a rather barebomes game.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
M MooMew64 Here's my Sonic tier list:

I didn't bother listing any of the compilations (although Mega Collection and Ultimate Genesis Collection are pretty damn swood) and I didn't put down any games that I haven't sunk a considerable amount of time into despite owning (looking at you, Unleashed HD), but I'm pretty comfortable with how this looks.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Now, here's a tier list I'm 100% comfortable in: my mainline Mario tier list, fully orderedView attachment 312074
I’m not gonna argue about Sunshine being S tier. I personally wouldn’t put it there, but I do think it’s a really good game.

I just think it has a lot of frustrating elements. A lot. Enough to deduct points in my eyes.

Spot on for everything else though.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Sony deserves a lot of criticism for some of the **** it's pulling, but one thing they have over Nintendo is that they're really generous with free games. They're giving Horizon Zero Dawn and Rachet and Clank away for free. There's also the heaps of games they give on PS+.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, need some thoughts on something.

I don’t really know what to do about burnout. I have a tendency to accidentally pile too many projects at once on myself, and it just becomes a tad stressful when it’s coupled with my schoolwork. When I’m not working on said projects, it’s hard for me to distract myself. I’m just pressured to get things out swiftly. I sorta feel like I have to get certain projects out just to prove something. And even then it isn’t rewarding.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
M MooMew64 Here's my Sonic tier list:

I didn't bother listing any of the compilations (although Mega Collection and Ultimate Genesis Collection are pretty damn swood) and I didn't put down any games that I haven't sunk a considerable amount of time into despite owning (looking at you, Unleashed HD), but I'm pretty comfortable with how this looks.
This is actually pretty darn close to my own! I respect the high placement of CD: I didn't rank it or Knuckles just because I don't feel like I've played enough to give an informed opinion on them, but from what little I've played and seen others play they looks super fun.

I still desperately need to play Rush and Advanced: For some reason, Rush didn't appeal to me as a kid and I got bored with it, but my tastes are pretty different (AKA, better) nowadays and I'm excited to give it another go sometime soon here.

Now, here's a tier list I'm 100% comfortable in: my mainline Mario tier list, fully orderedView attachment 312074
- Odyssey second best

f5435466fc59bdd0d93ab55ec9d8030e.gif

That's some rad taste there, dude.

Sunshine being the best is a little eeehhhhh but I recognize why people like it, even if it ain't my thing.

Galaxy 1 is indeed the GOAT.

I'll have to share my Mario tier list tomorrow, it's getting late and I feel pretty tired: Wanna get some extra rest for work in the morning.

Oh! And MightyP, I'll give you a run down on the Sonic Adventure stuff before I leave. Lemme just grab some links real quick and I'll make a new post in a minute.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, need some thoughts on something.

I don’t really know what to do about burnout. I have a tendency to accidentally pile too many projects at once on myself, and it just becomes a tad stressful when it’s coupled with my schoolwork. When I’m not working on said projects, it’s hard for me to distract myself. I’m just pressured to get things out swiftly. I sorta feel like I have to get certain projects out just to prove something. And even then it isn’t rewarding.
Taking breaks from producing content is perfectly okay. If you need some time to get yourself back together, take it.

A meme that precedes an absolute disastrous event for a generation
A f-f-f-female?

A g-g-g-gaming f-f-f-female???

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
A meme that precedes an absolute disastrous event for a generation
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Well, if this meme is as ancient as it makes itself out to be, then it hasn’t aged all that well considering the subject of the upper picture.

And I’m just gonna leave it at that before tensions rise. Good day.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So, I just found out one of my cousins died. She was found dead in the backyard of her parents' place. For some context they all live in England, while I'm here in Canada. Autopsy found no apparent cause as of yet. She was only about a year older than I was so she wasn't that old so there's no obvious health issues she may have had.

I haven't seen her since I was a toddler, but I'm still kinda shook by this news.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, I just found out one of my cousins died. She was found dead in the backyard of her parents' place. For some context they all live in England, while I'm here in Canada. Autopsy found no apparent cause as of yet. She was only about a year older than I was so she wasn't that old so there's no obvious health issues she may have had.

I haven't seen her since I was a toddler, but I'm still kinda shook by this news.
Aw jeez, I’m really sorry to hear that. My condolences.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125

Condolences, sorry to hear that.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

My condolences. Hope you’re doing well.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Condolences, hope you and your family take it easy now.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

My condolences, wishing the best for you and your family

Last edited:

MooMew64

Okay, TheMightyP TheMightyP : This is what you want right here:

What you want to use is this installer right here: SADX Mod Installer

This will install directly on top of your SADX installer and is a very intuitive process. It will allow you to select from a range of different mods that help improve the game drastically, such as Dreamcast Conversion, lighting engine mods to fix DX's inaccurate lighting, and much more. The installer will even show you comparison slides of the game with and without the mods to help you decide which ones are right for you.

Now, if you want some more QoL stuff along with some gameplay stuff, I highly recommend these, but keep in mind they change the vanilla experience! Some are even total conversion mods that will be better for a post-game experience:

New Tricks, a mod that adds extra abilities to characters like Tails, Amy, and even Knuckles.

Anything from MainMemory is a good choice, especially the Physics Swap mod so you can make characters like Amy feel better by giving her Sonic's physics.

SADX Chao World Extended adds some SA2 features to SA1's garden, if you like Chao.

SADX Heroes, a total conversion mod that lets you play Sonic Heroes levels and characters in SA1.

SA2 Conversion Mod, a total conversion mod that lets you play SA2 in SA1

SADX Chao Gameplay lets you take Chaos into levels with you, and adds them directly to the main gameplay! Haven't messed with it yet myself but it's super impressive.

There are also full restoration of cut beta stages that you can download as well from the SADX Installer's offerings.

This is all just scratching the surface: SA1 and 2 modding has starting blowing up in the last two years and is getting even more insane this year thanks to Sega's current chill nature towards fan creations inspiring content creators to be bold with projects. I'd honestly recommend just browsing through the SA1 and 2 GameBanana for stuff every once and a while: The stuff getting released there is crazy good nowadays.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Okay, TheMightyP TheMightyP : This is what you want right here:

What you want to use is this installer right here: SADX Mod Installer

This will install directly on top of your SADX installer and is a very intuitive process. It will allow you to select from a range of different mods that help improve the game drastically, such as Dreamcast Conversion, lighting engine mods to fix DX's inaccurate lighting, and much more. The installer will even show you comparison slides of the game with and without the mods to help you decide which ones are right for you.

Now, if you want some more QoL stuff along with some gameplay stuff, I highly recommend these, but keep in mind they change the vanilla experience! Some are even total conversion mods that will be better for a post-game experience:

New Tricks, a mod that adds extra abilities to characters like Tails, Amy, and even Knuckles.

Anything from MainMemory is a good choice, especially the Physics Swap mod so you can make characters like Amy feel better by giving her Sonic's physics.

SADX Chao World Extended adds some SA2 features to SA1's garden, if you like Chao.

SADX Heroes, a total conversion mod that lets you play Sonic Heroes levels and characters in SA1.

SA2 Conversion Mod, a total conversion mod that lets you play SA2 in SA1

SADX Chao Gameplay lets you take Chaos into levels with you, and adds them directly to the main gameplay! Haven't messed with it yet myself but it's super impressive.

There are also full restoration of cut beta stages that you can download as well from the SADX Installer's offerings.

This is all just scratching the surface: SA1 and 2 modding has starting blowing up in the last two years and is getting even more insane this year thanks to Sega's current chill nature towards fan creations inspiring content creators to be bold with projects. I'd honestly recommend just browsing through the SA1 and 2 GameBanana for stuff every once and a while: The stuff getting released there is crazy good nowadays.
Bookmarked, thank you.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

My condolences. I wish the best for everyone in your family.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.

I am sorry to hear this. I do hope you can make it through this, even if it isn't easy. This is sad news, indeed.

duxx

Smash Ace
I'm right and you're not
1618883779973.png

edit:

I'm so sorry. My condolences to both you and your family

Last edited:

MooMew64

I'm so sorry to hear this. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

My prayers go out to you in your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom