• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

the portuguese dub of accelerators hits different

...no, don't ask why I'm looking up the portuguese dub

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
so weird to see Bad Bunny get ready for a wrestling match

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I already have a Shiny Metagross on Sword so I'll probably keep this one on Go unless someone is looking for it and offers something really good.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
I've been curious, considering you're a fan of Richard Steven Horvitz, have you ever played Psychonauts before? He plays the main character in that game, and while it's a more subdued performance than Zim or his other roles, it's still a really good one. It helps that the game itself is genuinely fantastic.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just kicked my toe and it's bleeding with the toenail cracked.
(I bandaged it up.)
Make sure you added peroxide to it before you bandaged it.
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
I've been curious, considering you're a fan of Richard Steven Horvitz, have you ever played Psychonauts before? He plays the main character in that game, and while it's a more subdued performance than Zim or his other roles, it's still a really good one. It helps that the game itself is genuinely fantastic.
No I haven't but I have heard of it and knowing he voices the protagonist Raz.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Make sure you added peroxide to it before you bandaged it.

No I haven't but I have heard of it and knowing he voices the protagonist Raz.
No joke, when I first heard about Grim & Evil and saw Billy in promos, I had a feeling he was gonna be voiced by Zim because he just seemed like that character. I called it :yoshi:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No joke, when I first heard about Grim & Evil and saw Billy in promos, I had a feeling he was gonna be voiced by Zim because he just seemed like that character. I called it :yoshi:
Daggett, Zim, Billy, Raz, Alpha 5, and now Moxxie. You name it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Raw before Mania done with

only 8 more shows left to go

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I wish every discussion or debate in the world started with WWE call outs.
Isn’t that just the internet?

whenever I read fights on the internet I like to imagine everyone behind the keyboard is getting their chairs ready to cause severe head trauma

“oh damm they’re trying to cancel each other from the top rope!”

Edit:tmnt showing their wwe obsession the post above mine is just perfect by the way

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Boycott Genshin?....

"Oh no!

...anyway."

goes back to playing Immortals Fenyx Rising

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just remembered that i own two physical copies of Sakura wars 2020, the second copy has just been sitting in a drawer in my bedroom since i got it on by mistake. lol

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Just in case anyone cares, the Spring update showcase for Street Fighter 5 that's going to give a look at both Rose and Oro is supposed to air today at 3:00 PM PDT. Maybe we'll even see a tease of Akira.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why are people mad at Genshin? I was planning on trying it out soon here, and I got a brother who plays it.
From what I gather, it's mainly because the game's "primitive" goblin monsters are shown to have been based off of indiginous cultures from the Americas.

And when those oppressed groups have historically been stereotyped as primitive and savage...uh yeah, it's not a good look. It's low key racist. Maybe not intentionally racist, but a lot of racism isn't.

Not sure what people expect a boycott to do when games like this only get their money from a tiny perfentage of players with extremely loose wallets. And after seeing how defensive Reddit is getting of the game, I doubt we'll see the most hardcore whales care that much.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

whoever thought up of the marketing campaign deserves a raise
yes, this is an actual "store" well, at least that what it markets itself as. it's an art experience in Las Vegas.

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
From what I gather, it's mainly because the game's "primitive" goblin monsters are shown to have been based off of indiginous cultures from the Americas.

And when those oppressed groups have historically been stereotyped as primitive and savage...uh yeah, it's not a good look. It's low key racist. Maybe not intentionally racist, but a lot of racism isn't.

Not sure what people expect a boycott to do when games like this only get their money from a tiny perfentage of players with extremely loose wallets. And after seeing how defensive Reddit is getting of the game, I doubt we'll see the most hardcore whales care that much.
I read up a bit about it. Honestly not fully sure what to make of it.

I still want to try the game out at some point, but it's unfortunate there seems to be some issues. I know my brother plays it a bunch and hasn't ran into any security issues, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom