• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's been announced E3 will be all digital this year and the following confirmed companies are taking part:

Nintendo
Xbox
Capcom
Ubisoft
Warner Bros. Games
Take-Two Interactive
Konami
Koch Media

Sony and EA are out though
Honestly, I’m really only interested in what Nintendo’s got to show this year. We only know of like, what, 3 games for sure coming out this year? I’m hopeful that E3 gives them an excuse to unload all the stuff they probably have cooking backstage, so to speak metaphorically.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
In terms of Smash news at E3, I have a feeling it'll be just one fighter shown and no curve balls beyond Fighters Pass vol. 2.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Dayum that quick already? Not complaining or anything but would have expected such news until next month.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
In terms of Smash news at E3, I have a feeling it'll be just one fighter shown and no curve balls beyond Fighters Pass vol. 2.
Doesn't each E3 with Smash have at least 2 fighters shown off? And we're on out last 2 for FP2, right?

I can see them closing out the fighters Pass, especially since it's ending in 2021 anyways.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
yeah **** women /s
I hate women he says...Imma destroy your career and character he says...I’ve been cancelled and lost my job career I said

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Alright.

Tonight Soul.

Tomorrow Monster Hunter.

Friday Super 8.

Will also be watching Godzilla vs. Kong for the third time on Thursday with my dad at his place on his screen.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

About Omori, have you ever got problems like:

1) the screen flickering to white at random while in fullscreen?

and

2)Your controller disconnecting at some points?

If yes, have you found a way to deal with both?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
GODZILLA VS. KONG (original version): 2017-2019
The changes made to Adam Wingard’s original version of GVK are huge, but it’s important to note that Adam himself was involved in ALL the changes, ALL the decision making & ALL reshoots. Spoilers to follow.
There’s too much to detail in depth, but broad changes include the complete removal of Skarsgård’s original motivation; in which his fiancé dies on an expedition HE is leading into Hollow Earth ON Skull Island. This turns Skarsgård’s character down a dark path, we originally find him as a depressed drunk who hangs out at dive bars. Another huge change is the reasoning for Godzilla’s attacks. Originally, it is Eiza González using a device called the ORCA-Z to “control” Godzilla, shifting humanities trust away from him. Part of this storyline kind of still exists, although with different context. Godzilla stops attacking the ship when they turn the power off, originally this would depower the Orca-Z as well, causing Godzilla’s sudden disinterest in continuing to fight. This plan would see Damián Bichir’s character eventually seen as hero for besting Godzilla with his Mecha variant. Probably the biggest change is that of Shun Ogiri’s “Ren Serizawa” revealing himself as not only the son of Ken Watanabe’s Dr. Ishiro Serizawa, but as THE big bad of the film, hiring an assassin to murder Simmon’s right as Mecha comes online; allowing Ren to upload Gidorah as he had always planned. Amongst a bevy of other changes/omissions are Millie Bobby Brown’s characters PTSD & her “acting out of character” mirrored in her Father’s (Kyle Chandler) mistrust of Godzilla, Brian Tyree Henry’s character killing the assassin before he can take out MBB & Julian Dennison, the removal of the entirety of Zhang Ziyi, Jessica Henwick’s character (she was a reporter) & Lance Reddick, wall paintings in Kong’s throne room chronicling an ancient war with Mothra, Rodan & Behemoth, as well as many others, big & small. The tone was changed, the narrative streamlined to something more palatable for general audiences & the film has been a HUGE success. WarnerBros was not involved, it’s a LEGENDARY film. #GVK

I most definitely would have preferred this.

At least Ren's character wouldn't have been wasted not to mention plot sounds much more detailed.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Got next week covered.

Tuesday: Raya and the Last Dragon
Wednesday: Tom & Jerry (Wish me luck...)
Thursday: Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge
Friday: Mortal Kombat (1995)

D

Deleted member

I just got like, 3 emails asking me to take a ride operator certification test

dezeray112

Smash Hero
It's been announced E3 will be all digital this year and the following confirmed companies are taking part:

Nintendo
Xbox
Capcom
Ubisoft
Warner Bros. Games
Take-Two Interactive
Konami
Koch Media

Sony and EA are out though
Nintendo and Capcom as well as Warner Bros. Games are the ones which interest me mostly. If Microsoft announced a new Killer Instinct game that will be great too.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo and Capcom as well as Warner Bros. Games are the ones which interest me mostly. If Microsoft announced a new Killer Instinct game that will be great too.
If a new Killer Instinct does happen I'll buy a Series X in a heartbeat (once the shortage problem goes away)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I will admit to some things regarding the film.

The joke about bleach and how the podcaster showers in it was just poor.

Kong's fight with the warbats should have been longer, at least a few minutes. Also we didn't need to see Kong drinking the fluids coming from one of their severed heads, it was like the movie wanted to be edgy there.

The human characters on Godzilla's side of the story helping him and Kong defeat Mechagodzilla by pouring whiskey onto the control panels is just stupid.

I definitely found Kong's side of the story to be the best.

This is a film that pretty much had two plots put into one and should have been their own separate films.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yo-hohoho, Yo-hoho-ho,
Yo-hohoho, Yo-hoho-ho,
Yo-hohoho, Yo-hoho-ho,
Yo-hohoho, Yo-hoho-ho,

Gather up all of the crew!
It's time to ship out Binks' Brew!
The wind it blows, to where who knows?
The waves will be our guide!
O'er across the ocean's tide, rays of sunshine far and wide!
The birds, they sing, of cheerful things in circles passing by!

Bid farewell to weaver's town!
Say so long to port renowned!
Sing a song, it won't be long before we're casting off!
Cross the gold and silver waves, Changin' into water sprays!
Sailing out on our journey to the ends of the sea!

Time to ship out Binks's brew!
Pirates we, we'll divide and conquer all the seas!
With the waves to rest our heads, ship beneath us as our bed!
Hoisted high up on the mast our jolly roger flies!

Somewhere in the endless sky, a storm has started comin' by!
Waves are dancing having fun, it's time to sound the drums!
If we let blow winds of fear then the end of us is near!
Even so, tomor-row the sun will rise again!

Yo-hohoho, Yo-hoho-ho,
Yo-hohoho, Yo-hoho-ho,
Yo-hohoho, Yo-hoho-ho,
Yo-hohoho, Yo-hoho-ho.

Time to ship out Binks's Brew!
Could be today, could be tomorrow. Twilight drea-ming.
No longer can we now see, shadow hands still waving free.
Why worry, there's sure to be a moonlit night again!

Time to ship out Binks's Brew!
Sing a song, a lively song for all the oceans wide!
After all is said and done, we all end up skeletons!
Endless aimless, this story on the uproarious seas!

Yo-hohoho, Yo-hoho-ho,
Yo-hohoho, Yo-hoho-ho,
Yo-hohoho, Yo-hoho-ho,
Yo-hohoho, Yo-hoho-ho!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Since Nintendo's at E3, that clearly means we're getting Prime 4, Pikmin 4, Bayo 3, and BoTW 2 news! 😀😀😀
To be fair, they did say that more information on BotW 2 would be shared later in the year, and E3 is a great time for it.

Don't know about those other games, though. I'm starting to think they were all just elaborate trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom