• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Grodus's plan was dumb as hell and he just died anyways. Also got almost no screentime.
Grodus was tricked by the Shadow Sirens into believing the Shadow Queen was different than she actually was. His plan at face value was fine, he was just betrayed by false information.
Bowser wasn't even relevant at all. Can literally remove him and nothing changes.
Bowser saved Mario from being killed by Grodus in Chapter 8, but at the same time he also allows Grodus to escape with Peach and turn her into the Shadow Queen by fighting Mario. I'd hardly say that without him the story wouldn't change.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
After PM64 did such a great job with him as the main vilain, I think Bowser being mostly played for laugh worked well enough for the TTYD. Plus it gave us some great cutscenes, like the Rawk Hawk one.

Whatever you agree or not tho, SPM main vilains are the best & it's too late here anyway for me to debate about it, soooooooooooo have a great night ya all!

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My biggest nitpick with Super that you never once get to fight Natasha, despite her being behind all the brainwashing with the enemies and the bosses.

I mean, she reforms, but it would've been satisfying to get back at her.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Ok, but it's been 9 years and I still don't know what Sticker Star Bowser's plan was.

Crash the festival, do something with the comet and...

???
Me actually forgetting that Sticker Star and Colour Splash actually existed.

sigh Nintendo is it so hard for you to have a Paper Mario All-Stars? I've never played Thousand Year Door and it's practically near the top of my list of games to play.

And like 20 other games but that's not the point.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Me actually forgetting that Sticker Star and Colour Splash actually existed.

sigh Nintendo is it so hard for you to have a Paper Mario All-Stars? I've never played Thousand Year Door and it's practically near the top of my list of games to play.

And like 20 other games but that's not the point.
Not really an All Stars, but PM64 needs a remake. It's still solid as is, but it's a little rough with just how glitchy and broken it is, and there should be some QoL improvements that it can have.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Just found out a few minutes ago that my grandpa in Florida passed. It's extremely upsetting, I know, but I'm not entirely broken up about it. This year he got together with his son and a bounty of other family members and experienced the best Super Bowl of their lives. That's a pretty dang great note to go out on. All I know is that I'm gonna do my best to keep my dad comfortable once he comes back from work today. I don't wanna push him or anything.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just found out a few minutes ago that my grandpa in Florida passed. It's extremely upsetting, I know, but I'm not entirely broken up about it. This year he got together with his son and a bounty of other family members and experienced the best Super Bowl of their lives. That's a pretty dang great note to go out on. All I know is that I'm gonna do my best to keep my dad comfortable once he comes back from work today. I don't wanna push him or anything.
Sorry about your grandpa. Glad you’re not too broken up about it, though. Hope your dad’ll be okay.

Dutch Raikuna

POV you try to go home with a newly purchased PS5 in the UK:

Hololive in British accent............

1617660196863.png

Could be worse. Could be an Irish or Scottish accent.

Just make a PM64/TTYD bundle.

It’ll do numbers, I promise you Nintendo.
Nah throw in Super Paper Mario.

Still Nintendo are probably the strangest company for remakes.

Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Pokemon, Zelda and Wii U ports is fine but the moment you go into Mario it becomes No Touchee!

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Dutch Raikuna

Man I can't think greatly. Don't know if it's me cutting back on caffeine again but can't get myself to focus.

Eh, I'm gonna go finish my Zombieland Saga rewatch.

You got a loicense for that PS5?
I do mate there. kicks him and runs away You got ****in scundered! - If was teens - 20s..

Actually, I don't think she's Hololive. I think she's an independent Vtuber.
Still it brings nightmares. Also Vtuber - Hololive. I got mixed up.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
She looks ready to knock Cuphead out.

"Here's a real knockout bout!" I need to finish the game.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Paper Mario All Stars you say?
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Witness

is that a ****ing chuck e cheese fursuit or really good cgi

I don’t know which option is worse tbh

edit: actually you know what it’s probably just a puppet and I’m dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Sorry for your loss. I wish you the best in this time.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Waiting for them to find and dump the beta of Sticker Star
It’s kinda funny to me that one battle picture with the Chain Chomp partner in the beta feels much better than what I’ve seen/heard of the rest of the game.

Kinda funny but also hurts; I actually tried SS when I was a young teen, but I got too bored to keep playing it after the first level or world or so. CS sounds better but still not sure, haven’t played it at all though; Origami King was really good though, only disappointment was most of the NPCs and Professor Toad feeling less like individuals though they were still kinda cool. “Bobby” Bob-omb was written well so he didn’t feel generic despite his appearance (can we get an F in the chat for our mans Bobby it’s so sad), and I actually still like “generic”/generic-ish characters which is why I still like Professor Toad and the NPCs even if I feel they could’ve been better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom