• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That said I think I'll add this as another film to watch out of curiosity as with Tom & Jerry and Monster Hunter although I still expect those two to be bad.

D

Deleted member

Heh, not actually a bad tutorial. They kinda glossed over Triggers, and what they do, but besides that this isn’t half-bad.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That said I think I'll add this as another film to watch out of curiosity as with Tom & Jerry and Monster Hunter although I still expect those two to be bad.
The Monster Hunter movie was weird.

It starts as garbage, gradually gets better to be mediocre for most of the second act, and the final half an hour was genuinely fun. I wouldn't call it a good movie by any means but it was an interesting watch for me just to see how it picks up by time. It's a shame it probably won't get a sequel because it had a great hook for one.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm kind of surprised that they haven't made a Superman game similar to the Batman Arkham games yet. I get that there might be issues (it's hard to keep Superman confined to a single setting), but his sense of duty seems like it would keep him from wandering off while his enemies are nearby. (just having him make a comment and turning around would be enough to justify it, I think)

Even if they kept it to a relatively small number of mostly Earth-bound enemies (for example, Lex Luthor, Parasite, Metallo, Livewire, Bruno Mannheim/Intergang, and Toyman, with Mr. Mxyzptlk as a Riddler-style sidequest and Brainiac as the mastermind and final boss), I'd think that it could still be interesting. I guess one big difference from a story-telling standpoint is that over the course of the Arkham games, Batman gets battered, exhausted, and worn down, whereas that probably wouldn't be the case with Superman. (though it could still be used - even Superman has his limits, and between Parasite draining his energy, Metallo and Luthor's Kryptonite, and Intergang's weapons from Apokolips, a bunch of villains causing trouble at once would take a lot out of him)

Also, ideally, there'd be a series of side-quests where you have to save Jimmy Olsen, who inexplicably has a new super-power every time that you run into him.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Unless you’re in the Ginyu Force, apparently. You can even combine it with the Macarena if you have the willpower.

please somebody get the reference
I didn’t get the Macarena part, but I know that the Ginyu Force Rules (still wish that song had a full English dub)
I'm starting to get the impression that Warner Bros. does not seem to have a clear vision or idea on what they want out of the DCEU.
they never did
I'm honestly surprised that they even considered a movie based on "The Trench", so I'm not shocked that it was cancelled. The New Gods getting cancelled is an odd move, though - you'd think that, between Darkseid's appearance in Zack Snyder's Justice League and comic runs like Tom King's run on Mister Miracle, now would be the best time to have a New Gods movie.

Warner Bros. seems to have a really bad habit of announcing movies when they only have one small part of it ready (like having a director attached, or having a single writer), regardless of how likely it is that the movie will get made. (in the past few years, they've announced movies for Batgirl, Blackhawk, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Deadshot, Gotham City Sirens, Lobo, Nightwing, Plastic Man, Supergirl, and Zatanna, all before they have anything concrete to show for a solo Flash or Batman film set in that universe)
New Gods had Snyder connections, and they don’t want more SnyderVerse **** in their way in failing at having a fully stable cinematic universe...so that movie made sense to cancel (even though it’s still pretty dumb of them)

and yeah WarnerMedia/AT&T really have no idea what they really want to do with the DCEU (and DC as a whole honestly)
But yeah, Basketball fans are most likely gonna get the most enjoyment out of Space Jam 2.

Which is more than likely none of you guys, but I bet enjoyment will still be found.
well them and Looney Tunes fans...and those of us who worship Space Jam as the greatest basket movie of all time...cause it is...cause I say so

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
No joke, I do hope the Animaniacs show up in some capacity. Like i can see them watching the game at the top of the water tower eating popcorn and wearing 3D glasses like:

Dot: “No fair! Why do all those guys get front row seats while we’re stuck up here in the nosebleed section?”
Wakko: “Shouldn’t we go help them out or something?”
Yakko: “Nah if we did, this movie would only be seven minutes long.”
Wakko: “Ah, gotcha.” (Steals his siblings’ popcorn)

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
No joke, I do hope the Animaniacs show up in some capacity. Like i can see them watching the game at the top of the water tower eating popcorn and wearing 3D glasses like:

Dot: “No fair! Why do all those guys get front row seats while we’re stuck up here in the nosebleed section?”
They do make a small cameo appearance.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

cashregister9

Smash Hero
cashregister9 cashregister9 yo my dude you saw the W anime, but did you also catch these?
View attachment 309792
Hideaki Anno's Shin Kamen Rider

Edgy reboot of Black
I will give it 2-3 years before we get Shin Goranger.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thought it through again and reworked how I would have done the MonsterVerse.

1. Kong: Skull Island
2. Godzilla
3. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
4. Godzilla 3 (Involving the Godzilla going "rogue" subplot)
5. Godzilla vs. Kong (Involves trying to bring Kong to the hollow earth as his new home due to Skull Island's destabilized weather, Godzilla senses his presence and sees him as a threat to his alpha status as well as ancient rivalry thus movie could involve human characters trying to protect Kong from Godzilla who is hunting him down)
6. Kong 2: Hollow Earth

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

They are in it. You can see them
Right here:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Thought it through again and reworked how I would have done the MonsterVerse.

2. Godzilla
3. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
4. Godzilla 3 (Involving the Godzilla going "rogue" subplot)
5. Godzilla vs. Kong (Involves trying to bring Kong to the hollow earth as his new home due to Skull Island's destabilized weather, Godzilla senses his presence and sees him as a threat to his alpha status as well as ancient rivalry thus movie could involve human characters trying to protect Kong from Godzilla who is hunting him down)
6. Kong 2: Hollow Earth
Mine would be this:
2. Godzilla (2014)
3. King of the Monsters
4. Godzilla vs Kong
5. Mothra's Rebirth (Focuses on the egg and Mothra's new offspring)
6. Rodan: The Demon of Fire (What Rodan has been doing after KOTM and during GVK)
7. Kong and Zilla: Beyond Hollow Earth (Zilla is introduced to MonsterVerse)
8. Angurius (He reunite with Godzilla after not seeing him for a long time)
9. Godzilla B.C (Shows what ancient times was like with Godzilla and others)
10. Godzilla: Titanomachy (The Finale)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Mine would be this:
2. Godzilla (2014)
3. King of the Monsters
4. Godzilla vs Kong
6. Rodan: The Demon of Fire (What Rodan has been doing after KOTM and during GVK)
Cool.

What I shown was just Phase 1. Although thinking about it now...My ideal Kong 2: Hollow Earth could work as the beginning of Phase 2.

I would also love for Rodan and Mothra to get their own films. Notably the Rodan film having the whole Top Gun style to it.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Mine would be this:
2. Godzilla (2014)
3. King of the Monsters
4. Godzilla vs Kong
This whole thing should have built to a three way crossover with Gamera, CHANGE MY MIND!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Smashboards Mods when someone posts an image without text somewhere else in the message:
Smashboards Mods when they see a uncensored swear.
Screen Shot 04-03-21 at 05.59 PM.PNG

No seriously, you might get a warning for it, censor the pic or make sure to hide it better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom