• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
What'd they do?
tl;dr

The URL for the fighters are in number order, with the bonus Miis of their respective pass being last in line.

So for example:

Plant(Not part of fp1 but the first dlc) > FP1 > Rex Mii

For FP2, there's an issue

Min Min to P/M are in order, but between P/M and the Ancient Armor Mii, there are 3 empty URL spaces, not 2, and Mythra shares Pyra's.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What'd they do?
The basic gist is

In FP1 and FP2, every fighter has a code number. And this also includes Piranha Plant, and the Rex and Ancient Guardian mii costumes.

From Plant all the way up to the currently unknown FP11, the numbers are consistent. But there’s a skip going from FP11 to the guardian Mii costume. Which suggests extra content, possibly. A new mii costume? And entirely new character? Maybe it means nothing, we’ll see.

edit: Ninja’d by the Chad Shroob.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
tl;dr

The URL for the fighters are in number order, with the bonus Miis of their respective pass being last in line.

So for example:

Min Min to P/M are in order, but between P/M and the Ancient Armor Mii, there are 3 empty URL spaces, not 2, and Mythra shares Pyra's.
The basic gist is

In FP1 and FP2, every fighter has a code number. And this also includes Piranha Plant, and the Rex and Ancient Guardian mii costumes.

From Plant all the way up to the currently unknown FP11, the numbers are consistent. But there’s a skip going from FP11 to the guardian Mii costume. Which suggests extra content, possibly. A new mii costume? And entirely new character? Maybe it means nothing, we’ll see.

👀

Well, this makes for interesting fuel for my speculation video.

Mayhaps we have a final bonus character coming after all? A surprise PreMiium? Extra Echoes?

Or nothing and we're overthinking it. :nifty:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If it’s a bonus, it’s probably a character. Closing and opening the DLC with one would make sense. We already got a bonus mii set like the first pass so I think it’s going to be a character.

The question is, who do you think makes sense as a bonus character? Will we get a first party with a crazy concept like plant or one last big third party?

im kind of thinking third party but I have no idea who. Master chief?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
tl;dr

So for example:

Man you all know where my hopes lie.....

Shroob

Sup?
If it’s a bonus, it’s probably a character. Closing and opening the DLC with one would make sense. We already got a bonus mii set like the first pass so I think it’s going to be a character.

The question is, who do you think makes sense as a bonus character? Will we get a first party with a crazy concept like plant or one last big third party?

If it's a bonus character, and it's a standalone like Plant, my guess is that they'll function like Plant and not get a stage tbh, so I'd bank on 1st party tbh.

D

Deleted member

👀

Well, this makes for interesting fuel for my speculation video.

Mayhaps we have a final bonus character coming after all? A surprise PreMiium? Extra Echoes?

Or nothing and we're overthinking it. :nifty:
Snake is practically shaking in her boots rn

or am I thinking of someone else

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I certainly know of a certain puppet who would make the fan base go nutterbutter.

Reactions: Z25

Noipoi

Howdy!

If it’s a standalone, possibly free bonus character, my bets are on something Plant like. A wacky bonus, not a huge third party name. Or anything nuts like Geno or something.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If it’s a standalone, possibly free bonus character, my bets are on something Plant like. A wacky bonus, not a huge third party name. Or anything nuts like Geno or something.
This Australia flub is my last speck of hope. One last shot. One more place where he could rise. I will allow that hope to burn bright and openly, and hope that putting it's energy out into the universe will lead to favorable results.

But if it's not him... well... there's nothing I can do about that is there?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But would Square play ball?
Maybe. Maybe not.

Like... they wanted Noctis in Smash 4, but Sakurai fought and did Cloud instead. So maybe.... just maybe... with Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy thoroughly repped...

Also, they could just do a remake of SMRPG and then that would make Geno a character to promote too. Food for thought.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This Australia flub is my last speck of hope. One last shot. One more place where he could rise. I will allow that hope to burn bright and openly, and hope that putting it's energy out into the universe will lead to favorable results.

But if it's not him... well... there's nothing I can do about that is there?
Do what you want man, I’m not your dad.

But if you got your hopes up for Geno, and it’s a Pokémon or something I better not see you having a mental breakdown over something stupid like this. I will be severely disappointed.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do what you want man, I’m not your dad.

But if you got your hopes up for Geno, and it’s a Pokémon or something I better not see you having a mental breakdown over something stupid like this. I will be severely disappointed.
I will... try not to. And if I am unable to contain my emotions I will do my best to not let them out here.

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe. Maybe not.

Like... they wanted Noctis in Smash 4, but Sakurai fought and did Cloud instead. So maybe.... just maybe... with Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy thoroughly repped...

Also, they could just do a remake of SMRPG and then that would make Geno a character to promote too. Food for thought.
Source?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually watch the character being like Baby Guardian from AOC

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If that were the case, that'd be all over the internet.

There's not a speck of that online from what I can find. In fact, the only thing I can find IRT Smash 4 and FF is Sakurai musing over the concept of Terra or Bartz, nothing about Noctis.
Well, I won't defend this if I don't have a source. Though I would like it if Ben Holt Ben Holt could swoop in and tell us where he heard us from.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given the vast amount of cameo characters, am I the only one who is feeling this Space Jam sequel is feeling more like a Wreck-It Ralph film than it actually is of Space Jam?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do you one better.

BotW Zelda.

🤔
I could see it. People have discussed how he has talked about Zelda and her design a few times randomly in presentations.

Would not be surprised if he did it because Nintendo wanted promotion or her thought it be fun to have more BOTW in the game and giver her a newer look.

Plus it be easy to work on since they already have a great base.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I like how multiple people look back fondly on the Medabots franchise despite it's short run outside of Japan lasting like a year and it was considered a flop at the time.

D

Deleted member

I think an extra fighter would be cool but, considering the Ancient Armor Mii costume is included in the numbered list, it could probably just be another bonus Mii costume. Actually, now that I think about it, why IS the Ancient Armor mii costume included? Is the other dlc mii stuff numbered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom