• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So today went pretty well again with the cycling and man I had one of those where I felt "free" if that makes sense. I live near the forest so I was cycling with this theme from Trails in my headphones:

It was bliss. It was 100% bliss. Like I felt like that sense of a journey to somewhere new despite being a place I've been to countless times. For those few minutes.

And this time no old culchie trying to stop me and ***** about the cyclists.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
tagging Shroob Shroob since that's who I was talking to about this
Nomura: When we first talked, I asked “are you sure you’re okay with Cloud?” He’s not a character from a new game, after all.

Sakurai: But on the other hand, if you think about who to add from Final Fantasy, it’s hard to come up with a choice that’s not Cloud. We could have used Terra or Bartz, protagonists in their own right, but I feel like there would be some people who wouldn’t know who those characters are.

I mean, sure, you COULD imply Noctis here, but this seems like Sakurai had a major hand in choosing Cloud over anyone else, and even considered Terra and Bartz beforehand. I don't see Square pushing Noctis here tbh.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I mean, sure, you COULD imply Noctis here, but this seems like Sakurai had a major hand in choosing Cloud over anyone else, and even considered Terra and Bartz beforehand. I don't see Square pushing Noctis here tbh.
You really think they implied anyone BUT Noctis given that this is the time period when Noctis was in every crossover, including Tekken?

Shroob

Sup?
You really think they implied anyone BUT Noctis given that this is the time period when Noctis was in every crossover, including Tekken?
I'm saying that you cannot say something as certainty without concrete evidence irt Smash, that's how false information gets spread.

Saying stuff like "Noctis was considered for Smash 4" is blatantly false when there's zero evidence for it, the most being Nomura alluding to it potentially, but that's it. This community has enough issues with fact checking as is, saying stuff that's in no way, shape, or form concrete isn't doing us any favors. Hell, in the same article when Sakurai mentioned Terra and Bartz, the first character Nomura responded with was Strago, not Noctis.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm saying that you cannot say something as certainty without concrete evidence irt Smash, that's how false information gets spread.

Saying stuff like "Noctis was considered for Smash 4" is blatantly false when there's zero evidence for it, the most being Nomura alluding to it potentially, but that's it. This community has enough issues with fact checking as is, saying stuff that's in no way, shape, or form concrete isn't doing us any favors. Hell, in the same article when Sakurai mentioned Terra and Bartz, the first character Nomura responded with was Strago, not Noctis.
But Strago isn't new. He's from FFVI.

Shroob

Sup?
But Strago isn't new. He's from FFVI.
I understand that, but if Nomura was as chomping at the bit, why didn't he bring up Noctis... at all? He absolutely could have, but a ctrl+f shows 0 results for Noctis.

Even if Square wanted Noctis, which we have no definitive evidence of, Sakurai seems to have always been set on Cloud, or Terra and Bartz, not him.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Being honest: Noctis would have been a terrible pick for Smash 4.
Majority of DLC and 3rd Parties characters either have a strong connection to Nintendo, or are huge legacy characters (sometimes both).

Noctis is neither, especially in the Smash 4 days.
Noct would have been in a full year before XV even launched were he added in place of Cloud

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Being honest: Noctis would have been a terrible pick for Smash 4.
Majority of DLC and 3rd Parties characters either have a strong connection to Nintendo, or are huge legacy characters (sometimes both).

Noctis is neither, especially in the Smash 4 days.
Noctis would have been a great choice for moveset with his warp mechanics.

Really though I'd have placed him at like 10th for overall choice over FF. Even more so now that Clive Rosfield (XVI's protagonist) is a thing.

Still wished Terra was the second FF rep but Sephiroth is just as amazing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Who should my last three characters for the female Smash OG 12 equivalent here?

Pauline, Peach, Zelda, Samus
Chun-Li, Jill Valentine,
Ms. Pac-Man,
Tifa Lockhart, Lara Croft,
Makoto Niijima
Bayonetta
Strikers Daisy...and specifically Strikers Daisy

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Noctis would have been a great choice for moveset with his warp mechanics.

Really though I'd have placed him at like 10th for overall choice over FF. Even more so now that Clive Rosfield (XVI's protagonist) is a thing.

Still wished Terra was the second FF rep but Sephiroth is just as amazing.
Maybe now, yeah, but in Smash 4 when his game wasn't released until a year later?

That would be awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom