• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I used to think how fun it would be to wear those, but then I realized how hot it must be in those suits.
It would probably depend on what material it's made out of.

If it's just some cloth and other bits with some padding, it probably wouldn't be that hot. Might be a bit unbearable if you're not used to it though. Now, if it's made like most mascot costumes are made(with a lot of fabric and foam) then yeah, that's gonna be very hot.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'll do you one better. Why is it still popular?

Still remember the infamous shortcut fondly on the track and we played 8 person multiplayer on the course back in school. Only us who really knew the game who did it that led to some pretty autistic kid crying and told on us for cheating.

Mario Kart was the best. Wished Smash Bros 4 came out in that same year just so I could have beaten them all.
Real men remember the Maka Wuhu trick.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Think I got half my female Smash roster down:

Nintendo: Pauline, Peach, Zelda, Samus, Cosplay Pikachu, Cynthia, Lucina, Isabelle, Inkling,
Sega: Amy Rose, Bayonetta,
Capcom: Roll, Chun-Li, Jill Valentine,
Namco: Ms. Pac-Man, Velvet,
Square: Tifa Lockhart, Lara Croft, 2B,
Konami: Shanoa, The Boss,
SNK: Athena Asamiya, Nakoruru,
PlayStation: Aloy,
Microsoft: Alex (Minecraft),

Now to fill out the other half.

Which won’t be easy considering how many I have left
When you say filling out the other half, are you talking about the rest of Melee or have you moved on to Brawl numbers?

D

Deleted member

I can't be the only one that's wondered about the few other lurkers that occasionally pop up in the thread like Freezerburn, right?

Like, it's interesting to see accounts from actual decades ago, yet that also have no post history show up in the thread. I've always wondered if there's a specific reason they don't post.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'll do you one better. Why is it still popular?
If I had to wager a guess, Piggy inadvertently gave Peppa Pig the spotlight in the Roblox community, of all things.

It being a standout game of last year does it favors in that regard, especially when most of last year was just the usual obby shovelware. Peppa Pig + Granny is a premise only madmen think of.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’ll never not be upset that they squandered the Eggman takes over plot so severely.

It’s not a burning, seething rage. More like an eternal disappointment.
They wanted to make him Adventure Eggman while forgetting everything that Adventure Eggman great.

And Eggman works well in every single role he's in, and Forces legit gave him the dumbest plan ever for world conquest.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I don’t deserve such glorious recommendations
I actually went to one of the Play Nintendo Tour 2014 events in a mall just like that, funny enough. They also had a Kirby mascot costume. Definitely one of Nintendo's best mascot costumes, in my opinion.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, again, big shoutouts to my 120 GB SD card in my Switch. Somehow hosting SwSh, Smash, DQ11, Origami King, Crash N-Sane, 2 GB of Splatoon 2 updates, FFVII, 2 GB of Botw updates, 1GB kf Luigi's Mansion 3, and yet it's only a little less than half full.

External storage is legit mandatory when you're only options is to buy digitally, because if I just threw Smash onto internal storage, I would only have 3GB left on my Switch 💀💀💀.

But seriously, the Switch's storage is so ass, idk how they thought 32GB was enough.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Easter Sunday tomorrow and everywhere is shut. Probably gonna take the dog for a small walk then but man is he getting old. Can't believe he's close to 15 years old.

God, I’ve been out of writing my Sonic Clash story ever since the main VAs minus Eggman confirmed they weren’t returning. But I’m wondering if I should start working on it again
Like dude you are working on a lot of stuff at once so don't push yourself too hard.

That being said I've a lot of game photography I want to do, three story ideas that isn't my big one I want to try and wanting to start graphic design again. Where would you post the Sonic Clash thing though as I'm always interested in your stuff that ain't the one we talk about?

Alright then. How long is the DLC?
4 DLC episodes..........Probably beat them all in the span of an evening if you could.

I will say though that you'll probably find the best moments in the game with the DLC. Episode Gladio and Ignis had pretty great boss fights and Prompto's gave a fun setting.

FFXV though will always be one of the most divisive games I've played.

Bruh, I forgot how small the Switch's storage was.

I'm legit gonna archive Sonic Forces because that game sucked and I'm probably never gonna play it again.

Shoutouts to my 120 GB SD card though. Somehow holding these huge games on the Switch.
I've already archive a number of games I'm not going to play but yes the Switch Storage is small, I might need to upgrade to 256GB soon even though I've nearly 40 physical games.

And need to decide what is going to be 39 and 40 on that.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I adore how hard they tried to push Kirby as badass in the 90s.
When I think of Nintendo's old marketing style, I always think of those sort of Kirby ads, the Kirby's Dream Land 2 ad in particular.
A selling point of Kirby's Dream Land 2 is the whole ally system going on, so how did they advertise that? They portrayed Kirby and his friends as a gang everyone fears. This ad feels like I'm watching a scene out of a very strange Who Framed Roger Rabbit, it's amazing.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Well i finished 3 out of the four games i was currently playing through, now all thats left is to get back to Xenoblade 2.
...Another day, i really should scratch that itch to revisit FF7.

I’ll never not be upset that they squandered the Eggman takes over plot so severely.

It’s not a burning, seething rage. More like an eternal disappointment.
That Piplup profile pic really nails the disappointment.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah, again, big shoutouts to my 120 GB SD card in my Switch. Somehow hosting SwSh, Smash, DQ11, Origami King, Crash N-Sane, 2 GB of Splatoon 2 updates, FFVII, 2 GB of Botw updates, 1GB kf Luigi's Mansion 3, and yet it's only a little less than half full.

External storage is legit mandatory when you're only options is to buy digitally, because if I just threw Smash onto internal storage, I would only have 3GB left on my Switch 💀💀💀.

But seriously, the Switch's storage is so ass, idk how they thought 32GB was enough.
I have a 200GB SD card and that's been hovering around nearly empty for a few years now. I've archived a few games but going digital more often has become a challenge.

I'm guessing they stuck with 32GB internal as a cost saving measure. Anyone who wants more space because they get lots of games or big ones will upgrade and I find that tends to happen regardless of what console it is. It's almost an accepted fact now. 1TB went quickly on my PS4 because of having to install physical games so swapping to and from an external HDD became necessary. Then you got my PS5 which became half filled up already after only a handful of games.

Noipoi

Howdy!
90s: Give Kirby edgy ads
2000s: Make Kirby angry on the boxart
2010s: Don't bother hiding it
2020s: Make Kirby even cuter on the US boxart
90: Kirby’s a bad dude who will kill your dog, **** your mom, and assassinate the president because he’s bored on a Thursday.

Now: Kirby a lil baybee who lose his cake :/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The nostalgia is real with this opening
I literally started watching One Piece right before the Funi dub started going through the Thriller Bark arc so this is the OP I resonate the most with.

Also it's a banger

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I really gotta get around to getting some kind of external hard drive for my PS4, right now i had to delete quiet a few games just to install FF7R. That kinda annoys me.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I have a 200GB SD card and that's been hovering around nearly empty for a few years now. I've archived a few games but going digital more often has become a challenge.

I'm guessing they stuck with 32GB internal as a cost saving measure. Anyone who wants more space because they get lots of games or big ones will upgrade and I find that tends to happen regardless of what console it is. It's almost an accepted fact now. 1TB went quickly on my PS4 because of having to install physical games so swapping to and from an external HDD became necessary. Then you got my PS5 which became half filled up already after only a handful of games.
Ye, I agree with that. Games are legit becoming so large that console storage legit can't keep up. Like, 1TB seems large until you realize that GTA V, TLOU2, TLOU1, and SpiderMan all bring down to 749 GB, and with FF7 Remake, it would drop to 649, nearly half of a 1TB PS4, with just 5 games.

Crazy.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

That is true and then some. For my PS4 I had a 1TB hard drive that did me for five years and only stuck with it cause I was fine with deleting and downloading games. Then the boy finally conked out the other week and I got a 2TB. They were expensive back in 2015/2016.

It's super satisfying to be able to have Red Dead 2 and FFVII Remake without having to deleted one or the other.

I find it very baffling how the PS5 went with 850GB though not to mention how awkward it is to switch hard drives from what I heard. Really would have expected it to have been near 2TB or so at launch.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ye, I agree with that. Games are legit becoming so large that console storage legit can't keep up. Like, 1TB seems large until you realize that GTA V, TLOU2, TLOU1, and SpiderMan all bring down to 749 GB, and with FF7 Remake, it would drop to 649, nearly half of a 1TB PS4, with just 5 games.

Crazy.
I had Cold War come with my PS5. Didn't plan on playing it and my decision to trade it in was justified when I saw it required nearly half of the PS5's internal storage minimum.

Storage on Sony consoles is also annoying because even though it says you got 100GB left, you can't use it for anything because you need it for the way it copies and installs things. I make sure when I finish a game that's like 70+GB to transfer it to the external drive so I actually have some useable space.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That is true and then some. For my PS4 I had a 1TB hard drive that did me for five years and only stuck with it cause I was fine with deleting and downloading games. Then the boy finally conked out the other week and I got a 2TB. They were expensive back in 2015/2016.

It's super satisfying to be able to have Red Dead 2 and FFVII Remake without having to deleted one or the other.

I find it very baffling how the PS5 went with 850GB though not to mention how awkward it is to switch hard drives from what I heard. Really would have expected it to have been near 2TB or so at launch.
PS5 has an 850GB SSD but only ~660GB is useable. The rest is used up by system files.

Since PS5 games can't even be cold stored on an external HDD, compatible SSDs need to come quick but I'm fearing how expensive they'll be.

D

Deleted member

When it comes to games I just go full physical. digital does have its benefits, and I won't deny they're certainly appealing, but for me, I would much rather have the physical game and case, and deal with the logistical issues of lugging all my games around whenever I take my Switch with me later. It's not the most convenient option, but it's more "fun" to me to open a case and insert a disk/cart, rather than just turning my switch on and pressing A a few times.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I gotta stop buying games when I haven't even finished FF7, Undertale, nor OneShot, games I bought over December 💀
I'm on a strict no buying games policy right now until Miitopia comes out next month, and inbetween now and then I wanna try to finish at least three games I'm playing.

Problem is I keep getting pulled back in to Destiny 2 right now because the current season is on fire in terms of content and rewards. I gotta just walk away and play other stuff, otherwise I'm gonna get swamped with all the new releases this year.

Oh, and as for Sonic Forces, if you ever want to look into it, people are fixing it on Steam. I own it on Switch but will probably pick it up on Steam for $5 to $10 bucks on a sale at some point for projects like this:

Skip to 2:16 for gameplay. Sonic fans are just becoming like Elder Scrolls fans and fixing Sega's messes on PC now. :nifty:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom