• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Easter Sunday tomorrow and everywhere is shut. Probably gonna take the dog for a small walk then but man is he getting old. Can't believe he's close to 15 years old.

Like dude you are working on a lot of stuff at once so don't push yourself too hard.

That being said I've a lot of game photography I want to do, three story ideas that isn't my big one I want to try and wanting to start graphic design again. Where would you post the Sonic Clash thing though as I'm always interested in your stuff that ain't the one we talk about?

4 DLC episodes..........Probably beat them all in the span of an evening if you could.

I will say though that you'll probably find the best moments in the game with the DLC. Episode Gladio and Ignis had pretty great boss fights and Prompto's gave a fun setting.

FFXV though will always be one of the most divisive games I've played.

I've already archive a number of games I'm not going to play but yes the Switch Storage is small, I might need to upgrade to 256GB soon even though I've nearly 40 physical games.

And need to decide what is going to be 39 and 40 on that.
It's really trying to do it's epic teamwork finale but that isn't really working because I have no reason to be attached to these characters. I know nothing more about them now in endgame then I knew at the beginning, and I'm just as attached. Each one is basically just a basic trope and that's it. We barely explore any of their backstories, and none of them have a real arc in the story. And Noctis's isn't about learning to be a better king or anything actually interesting, it's just been a journey to get strong enough to kill the bad guy. Such a weak plot.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
When it comes to games I just go full physical. digital does have its benefits, and I won't deny they're certainly appealing, but for me, I would much rather have the physical game and case, and deal with the logistical issues of lugging all my games around whenever I take my Switch with me later. It's not the most convenient option, but it's more "fun" to me to open a case and insert a disk/cart, rather than just turning my switch on and pressing A a few times.
I try my best to stick to physical whenever possible on my consoles.
Heck ive gone out of my way to get the physical imports of games that were digital only on the american Switch eshop.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
As far as I see it, having your favorite character depicted uncharacteristically "tough and edgy" in 90s American ads is a mercy

Yoshi still isn't immune to 90s trends, since that ad is all about the grossout culture of the time.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna

That's how it ends? He dies in need of a shave? We never even get to see Demon Slayer Iris (not that I LIKE that turn for her character, but it could have at least been a good excuse for her to join the party). What is this story man? Like... did I miss something? What was the deal with Ardyn? What was his motivation beyond being an evil prick? Sephiroth he ain't.
I guess now I'll play the DLC.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ye, I agree with that. Games are legit becoming so large that console storage legit can't keep up. Like, 1TB seems large until you realize that GTA V, TLOU2, TLOU1, and SpiderMan all bring down to 749 GB, and with FF7 Remake, it would drop to 649, nearly half of a 1TB PS4, with just 5 games.

Crazy.
Maybe we should take that as a sign and rethink this notion that a game even NEEDS to be that big? Althhough I loved FF7R....... shrugs

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Zendaya must be drowning in money at this point

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I find it weird that Transformers has never been put into a Super Robot wars game.

Tonight's episode of One Piece.....

Ending with the first ending theme of the series... the nostalgia feels.... I love this series so much.
Care to share the clip?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
It’s more so me griping about open worlds and realistic graphics. Two trends I know I’m sick of.
Y'know, I've actually been thinking, considering a while back you lamented the change of God of War from a Hack-and-Slash to an adventure game, tied with these two issues, I honestly think you'd get a kick out of Senran Kagura. Even with the ridiculous fanservice, the mainline games cover quite a few bases that you'd like. The combat is extremely fun, with a large cast per game to choose from to mow down hordes of enemies, every level is completely linear with little to no optional exploration (and even if you somehow get lost, there will always be a compass that tells you where to go), and the art direction can be genuinely gorgeous when the situation calls for it. I understand if you don't wanna give it a whirl because of the fanservice, though. That's completely understandable.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Y'know, I've actually been thinking, considering a while back you lamented the change of God of War from a Hack-and-Slash to an adventure game, tied with these two issues, I honestly think you'd get a kick out of Senran Kagura. Even with the ridiculous fanservice, the mainline games cover quite a few bases that you'd like. The combat is extremely fun, with a large cast per game to choose from to mow down hordes of enemies, every level is completely linear with little to no optional exploration (and even if you somehow get lost, there will always be a compass that tells you where to go), and the art direction can be genuinely gorgeous when the situation calls for it. I understand if you don't wanna give it a whirl because of the fanservice, though. That's completely understandable.
Which game in the series would you recommend I check out?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Which game in the series would you recommend I check out?
The first game, Burst, got a remake available on Steam and PS4 (take note, the PS4 version does have some censored content), but Shinovi Versus is also a good jumping off point thanks to its simplicity. It's also on Steam and is $10 U.S. cheaper than the Burst remake, so either-or works out, really. I can't say the same for Estival Versus, since I bought Psychonauts with it during a sale and it ate my soul around the time, so I haven't really beaten that one yet. Plus, you'd honestly have to check out secondhand gameplay of the spinoffs first to see if they're genuinely worth it, since they're even more fanservicey than the main games.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The first game, Burst, got a remake available on Steam and PS4 (take note, the PS4 version does have some censored content), but Shinovi Versus is also a good jumping off point thanks to its simplicity. It's also on Steam and is $10 U.S. cheaper than the Burst remake, so either-or works out, really. I can't say the same for Estival Versus, since I bought Psychonauts with it during a sale and it ate my soul around the time, so I haven't really beaten that one yet. Plus, you'd honestly have to check out secondhand gameplay of the spinoffs first to see if they're genuinely worth it, since they're even more fanservicey than the main games.
I actually own a PS Vita so Shinobi Versus is a game I can play on that. I’ll add this series to my list!

Shroob

Sup?
Well, looks like Vinny may be pushing the lawyer card if he has to.

This really screams of fake, and after the 4chan attack on the subreddit last night, that seemed hella coordinated, yeah, this **** was a 4chan attempt to "cancel" Vinny.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I downloaded Looney Tunes: World of Mayhem just for Big Chungus. I didn’t know it existed until he was revealed and it appeared on my Twitter timeline. First time I’ve spent money on a mobile game, too, as I don’t think I could’ve grinded enough exp to even be able to have a chance at getting him before the event ended (you have to be level 40, or you can get him for 20 bucks).

Still cheaper than Diddy Kong. I now own Big Chungus. Thank you, Looney Tunes Fear Of Missing Out.

May our wholesome chunky boi appear in Smash someday.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Back from seeing Godzilla Vs. Kong. Was nice to be back in a theater for the first time in over a year; last movie I saw was Onward.

It was okay. I was expecting a bit more after the previous movie's action and fan service, though that also could have been all of the toy leaks and trailers that could have been cut a bit better IMO.

I guess it's nice that it plays up the camp a bit more, but I thought the plot was fairly predictable, if not hard to follow at the start, with the humans dumber than ever. To it's credit though, the fights are all much brighter and make it easier to see the action and that the ratio of human to Kaijuu screen time is the most balanced it's been. Could have been a bit more grounded as well: Between the fantasy world of the Hollow Earth, technology advancing lightyears ahead of the previous movie despite only 5 years passing, and Godzilla somehow digging a whole to the center of the Earth with his Atomic Breath, I was suspending disbelief a bit too much.

IMO Skull Island > KotM > GvK > Godzilla 2014

Definitely curious to see where Kaijuu movies will go next. I'm still waiting for a Shin Godzilla sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom