• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My dog suddenly started limping out of nowhere last night. Not even anything in his paws or anything, he was doing fine for the larger chunk of the day. My mom says it might be a weight issue, so I’ve cut down his food a bit. Other than the limp, he seems to be getting along just fine, he’s still capable of moving the leg. Maybe he twisted it when getting up or something? I don’t know. Hopefully he heals up soon, I don’t want my dad’s homecoming to be spoiled when his buddy is in pain.
Hey, hope your dogs alright.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My dog suddenly started limping out of nowhere last night. Not even anything in his paws or anything, he was doing fine for the larger chunk of the day. My mom says it might be a weight issue, so I’ve cut down his food a bit. Other than the limp, he seems to be getting along just fine, he’s still capable of moving the leg. Maybe he twisted it when getting up or something? I don’t know. Hopefully he heals up soon, I don’t want my dad’s homecoming to be spoiled when his buddy is in pain.
Hope your dog turns out ok. Giving my prayers its nothing serious.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Can you believe it? The Snydercut fans are suddenly attacking and bombarding Godzilla vs. Kong notably on IMDB even when the movie hasn't released domestically yet. LMAO, that doesn't even make sense, they got the cut they wanted, why are they suddenly attacking another Warner Bros. property? Are they gonna attack Mortal Kombat next when it comes out?

I'm laughing my *** off. This is the whole Sonic-Birds of Prey fiasco all over again.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Can you believe it? The Snydercut fans are suddenly attacking and bombarding Godzilla vs. Kong notably on IMDB even when the movie hasn't released domestically yet. LMAO, that doesn't even make sense, they got the cut they wanted, why are they suddenly attacking another Warner Bros. property? Are they gonna attack Mortal Kombat next when it comes out?

This is the whole Sonic-Birds of Prey fiasco all over again.
Or Venom and Lady Gaga. Granted, I haven’t seen the (entirety of the) former, but the general consensus I’ve read basically amounts to “Don’t bother with what the critics have to say.”

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
this is def a weird question but...

do you sleep face-up or face-down?
I can’t fall asleep that well if I’m staring up at the ceiling tbh. So I usually just cover myself completely with a blanket and smush my head into my pillow.
I sleep even weirder: on my side. I don't know why i do it, or where it started, but it feels weird trying to go to bed doing anything else.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Am I the only one that thinks that the upcoming Final Fantasy XVI has the potential to become another iconic entry in the series? The same way the original, 6, 7, and 10 are? Like... there hasn't really BEEN an iconic entry in the series since 10. They REALLY tried with 13 and 15, but IMO they don't seem to have stuck. 11 and 14 are MMOs so the same rules don't necessarily apply, and 16 is the first game coming in the series after the revolutionary 7R and is going to use the same gameplay style.... IDK. I think the stars are gonna align in a way that it didn't for Vaan, Lightning, or Noctis.
Headed by FFXIV team, Game of Thrones style plot, British voice acting. Yeah I really do think it has a lot of potential.

And as for XIII and XV: Both had great bases of a game, just very messy execution and unpopular opinion but the XIII sequels weren't that bad if you take out the convoluted plot.

Had XV changed the structure of the plot and not let it's lore fold in on itself it would have been far better.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Headed by FFXIV team, Game of Thrones style plot, British voice acting. Yeah I really do think it has a lot of potential.

And as for XIII and XV: Both had great bases of a game, just very messy execution and unpopular opinion but the XIII sequels weren't that bad if you take out the convoluted plot.

Had XV changed the structure of the plot and not let it's lore fold in on itself it would have been far better.
I'm playing 15 right now and... IDK, it feels like a clunky game. Like... every time I'm driving I keep accidentally looking at Prompto thinking he's my main character because he looks like Cloud. My point being that your party is rather unremarkable. And the combat.... man it has potential (especially since the gameplay of 7R and 16 is what it evolved into), but the inputs are just really clunky and the lack of time-slow for spell casting makes me really not want to use magic at all.

Shroob

Sup?
Am I the only one that thinks that the upcoming Final Fantasy XVI has the potential to become another iconic entry in the series? The same way the original, 6, 7, and 10 are? Like... there hasn't really BEEN an iconic entry in the series since 10. They REALLY tried with 13 and 15, but IMO they don't seem to have stuck. 11 and 14 are MMOs so the same rules don't necessarily apply, and 16 is the first game coming in the series after the revolutionary 7R and is going to use the same gameplay style.... IDK. I think the stars are gonna align in a way that it didn't for Vaan, Lightning, or Noctis.

it's 108 girl spirits.
So you're saying her Spiritomb was just the aftermath of the Salem Witch Trials.

Dutch Raikuna

I'm playing 15 right now and... IDK, it feels like a clunky game. Like... every time I'm driving I keep accidentally looking at Prompto thinking he's my main character because he looks like Cloud. My point being that your party is rather unremarkable. And the combat.... man it has potential (especially since the gameplay of 7R and 16 is what it evolved into), but the inputs are just really clunky and the lack of time-slow for spell casting makes me really not want to use magic at all.
I could go really into the heart of what I think of XV but you'll need to complete it first. I'm guessing you are past the point of the news of Insomnia in the resort place but that is the first red flag of the game as it is meant to create a sense of urgency but then it really messes up that by giving you fetch quests and all.

The first third of the game should have been about Noctis going on this pilgrimage to find his ancestors tombs and then the whole invasion. A slower sense of urgency but it gives you time in a way. The main quartet are definitely great characters but it gets messy later on and if you want more backstory of them you need to play the DLC episodes and watch a side anime.

Combat is good but you play it and then something like Nier Automata or FFVII Remake and then it becomes hard to enjoy.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
this is def a weird question but...

do you sleep face-up or face-down?
I can’t fall asleep that well if I’m staring up at the ceiling tbh. So I usually just cover myself completely with a blanket and smush my head into my pillow.
Face down. My stomach and chest are always facing the mattress. I can't sleep any other way. I'm a light and particular sleeper.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
That's less of a hot take and more of affirming that there are popular games out there you haven't played yet.

On another note, I can relate. The only final fantasy I remember playing is III.
V's better. Do you have a GBA or a Windows? Get it. It's like III, only better.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I sleep even weirder: on my side. I don't know why i do it, or where it started, but it feels weird trying to go to bed doing anything else.
That's actually pretty normal. Plenty of people sleep on their sides.

I'm face up, by the way. I have a weird anxiety about suffocating in my sleep for some reason, so I can't fall asleep if I have my face in a pillow or blanket over my head.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
V's better. Do you have a GBA or a Windows? Get it. It's like III, only better.
My GBA is old and crusty. I have Windows 10 though. But if it's only available through emulator I won't play it. Last time I downloaded an EMU on windows, it went splat and took weeks to talk to tech support to fix it.

Emulators work well on my phone, though.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I could go really into the heart of what I think of XV but you'll need to complete it first. I'm guessing you are past the point of the news of Insomnia in the resort place but that is the first red flag of the game as it is meant to create a sense of urgency but then it really messes up that by giving you fetch quests and all.

The first third of the game should have been about Noctis going on this pilgrimage to find his ancestors tombs and then the whole invasion. A slower sense of urgency but it gives you time in a way. The main quartet are definitely great characters but it gets messy later on and if you want more backstory of them you need to play the DLC episodes and watch a side anime.

Combat is good but you play it and then something like Nier Automata or FFVII Remake and then it becomes hard to enjoy.
Yeah. I've got the quest for the third Royal Arm in my deck but i haven't done it for like... an entire ingame week because my OCD won't let me ignore all of these damn sidequests.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
OK.... I'm going all in. I've played 7, i'm playing 15, I'm committing to getting 14.... I'm going all in. I'm gonna buy and play every numbered Final Fantasy and it's immediate spinoffs. 1-6 on my phone, 8-10 and 12 on my switch, and 13 on my Xbox One. Is 11 dead?

Dutch Raikuna

Man I need to stop distracting myself by clicking on here. Meant to be doing stuff like writing but sighs I enjoy talking to people too much these days.

Also hot take on this but I think the FF-XIII sequels would have been a lot better if they were a lot more loosely connected. And the worlds of the trilogy should go down as the biggest waste of potential in the series and from Square Enix.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
My GBA is old and crusty. I have Windows 10 though. But if it's only available through emulator I won't play it. Last time I downloaded an EMU on windows, it went splat and took weeks to talk to tech support to fix it.

Emulators work well on my phone, though.
Oh, you can buy it on Steam. Both versions are identical, anyways.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
realizing only now that Natasha has had some sort of intimate relationship with every Avenger who is currently a main member...except for Thor...kinda funny since their VAs are married to one another

also the idea of Batman and Wonder Woman together...wouldn't be so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom