• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I've got AMA in two days. Now, here's a question: If a communist asks why is a Final Fantasy character your waifu, does that give you the right not to respond?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is 11 dead?
From the research I've done it's a yes and a no.

On one hand, the servers for the console versions are long gone now, but the PC version is still going on Steam.... but like most MMORPG's of its' age, it's on its deathbed now. Even then, I would just skip it if you want to "complete" it, because you really can't, at least, not to the standard of singleplayer games.

Noipoi

Howdy!
oh, you're a Hero main?

name every command selection spell
allen wrenches, gerbil feeders, toilet seats, electric heaters
Trash compactors, juice extractor, shower rods and water meters
Walkie-talkies, copper wires safety goggles, radial tires
BB pellets, rubber mallets, fans and dehumidifiers
Picture hangers, paper cutters, waffle irons, window shutters
Paint removers, window louvres, masking tape and plastic gutters
Kitchen faucets, folding tables, weather stripping, jumper cables
Hooks and tackle, grout and spackle, power foggers, spoons and ladles
Pesticides for fumigation, high-performance lubrication
Metal roofing, water proofing, multi-purpose insulation
Air compressors, brass connectors, wrecking chisels, smoke detectors
Tire guages, hamster cages, thermostats and bug deflectors
Trailer hitch demagnetizers, automatic circumcisers
Tennis rackets, angle brackets, Duracells and Energizers
Soffit panels, circuit brakers, vacuum cleaners, coffee makers
Calculators, generators, matching salt and pepper shakers

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
No offense, but PLATINUM7 should probably change his signature to a Black Wizard shooting a bigger, more orange kamehameha. Black Wizards look even more like they're shooting beams outta their hands.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The one thing I love about wolverines aside from looking like miniature bears despite being part of the weasel and otter family is when I think of them, they just give off a mythical status. They just seem like an animal that shouldn't exist and yet...It just does.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of which. The Tasmanian Devil I'd argue is Aussie's equivalent to the wolverine and honey badger.

Australia has Tasmanian devils. Africa has honey badgers, Eurasia and North America (Alaska and Canada) have wolverines.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Speaking of which. The Tasmanian Devil I'd argue is Aussie's equivalent to the wolverine and honey badger.

Australia has Tasmanian devils. Africa has honey badgers, Eurasia and North America (Alaska and Canada) have wolverines.
Only difference is that wolverines and honey badgers can't become tornadoes.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
@Wyvy - Phoenix Mode @Roguewolf @R O F L @Freezerburn cashregister9 cashregister9 @Bakugan2556 Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Wario Bros. Wario Bros. @SneakyLink @MooMew64 @Mushroomguy12 @Dr. Metal X @TheIrepan8 @Lacroix Femboy
Alright, my next three members of the Justice League for JL Chronicles! And another group of three you're probably not expecting. Here we have
54E398C0-A83A-4BD5-8B9A-D3B562B2FFFA.jpeg
F63BC515-ED2E-4117-9C9B-0C9F5769810A.jpeg
F63BC515-ED2E-4117-9C9B-0C9F5769810A.jpeg
and
0EB3A45D-1F67-4B09-85D0-14257ECCB10F.jpeg
Clock Queen, real name Tampa Fugite, is another of Magog's freed metahuman soldiers. Using her new ability to distort and manipulate time, she rose to the top as a reporter in Star City. Unfortunately, her powers were starting to fritz out and unstick her from time itself. She was taken in by the city's criminal mastermind, Clock King, who built her a special suit to contain her powers, styled after himself, dubbing her the Clock Queen. But she was not evil, and she betrayed him when League members Mystek, Flash, and associate Green Arrow arrived to stop him. Hoping that Cyborg and S.T.A.R. Labs can find a better way to stabelize her, she turns the Clock Queen persona towards the side of good as a member of the Justice League!

Jinny Hex is Jinny Hex. Same story as Wonder Comics, only she's older now.

Detective Chimp, hardboiled private I from Gorilla City exiled by Grodd after he helped the League locate and neutralize a demonic power spot in the city/

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
To show Spiritomb some love, it's moveset time. I said I was doing it earlier, and how it's here, I guess.
Neutral and combo: Spiritomb lunges forward out of its keystone and strikes the foe. This then leads into a Shadow Claw, followed by a vortex which consistently damages whoever is trapped.
Forward tilt: Spiritomb strikes forward
Down Tilt: Uses Trick, which causes some cups to appear under it briefly. Damages straight in front, just below. If an opponent is holding an item, it will be gifted to Spiritomb and taken from the foe.
Up Tilt: A strike upwards.
Forward Smash: Uses Shadow Sneak, sending a shadow forward. It has very long range.
Up Smash: Creates a ring of Will-O-Wisp above it. This Will-O-Wisp stays around for a few seconds before disappearing, and Spiritomb can move after sending it out.
Down Smash: Spiritomb jumps up and slams down with Giga Impact, creating a shockwave around it. The shockwave is similar to Dedede's stars after he uses Super Jump. However, if an opponent were to be hit by the small hitbox of the actual Giga Impact, they would take massive damage.
Forward Smash: Spiritomb charges up and unleashes Icy Wind. This has a chance of freezing the foe.
Neutral Aerial: Spiritomb enters the keystone, then immediately exits and spins around.
Forward Aerial: Spiritomb sends the keystone forward.
Back Aerial: Spiritomb sends out Smokescreen, obscuring the foe and doing minor damage.
Down Aerial: Spiritomb sends down Water Pulse.
Up Aerial: Spiritomb uses Flash, stunning the opponent briefly and doing minor damage.
Grab: Spiritomb creates a vortex, similar to the one used to trap Celebi in MD Explorers of Sky.
Pummel: Spiritomb hits the foe with a ghostly extension of it's body.
Back Throw: Spiritomb uses it's energy and sends the foe flying off
Forward Throw: Same as back throw, just forward.
Down Throw: Spiritomb throws the foe down and sends them to sleep, then uses Dream Eater immediately afterwards.
Up Throw: Spiritomb sends the foe up, then uses Infestation, causing a short combo before releasing the foe.
Neutral Special: Spiritomb uses Ominous Wind. Spiritomb stands still and charges up for a short while, leaving it vulnerable. Ominous Wind's charge cannot be saved. Upon fully completing charge, Spiritomb will uses Ominous Wind, dealing damage over a wide area. Upon being used, Spiritomb will either turn metal, gain a bunny hood, or gain a killing edge.
Side Special: Ally Switch. Spiritomb uses Ally Switch, which has a small area. It will then switch spots with the target.
Up Special: Phantom Force. Spiritomb will vanish, during which the player can move Spiritomb in a certain direction. After a second or two, Spiritomb will re emerge. This can cause damage.
Down Special: As this was asked for Cynthia, this will stay as Pokemon Change.
Final Smash: Whatever her Final Smash is, I guess.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm certain there are Elseworlds where that occurs.
there's fake dreams and hypnosis type deals...but somehow no actual relationships. DC telling me that Harley Quinn/Booster Gold, Batman/Batgirl, and anyone with Hawkman can be a thing...but not a Bruce/Diana pairing....genuinely shocking

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
No offense, but PLATINUM7 should probably change his signature to a Black Wizard shooting a bigger, more orange kamehameha. Black Wizards look even more like they're shooting beams outta their hands.
No offense but you should read 8-Bit Theatre to understand the reference.

D

Deleted member

Ya ever just go to post something really funny, start typing, and then immediately forget what you were gonna type?

Cause that’s me rn :073:

D

Deleted member

They should make like... a single player game that covers the plot of FF11 so that like... people can still experience it even though the game is... dead
From my research that’s what they plan on doing but idk. MMORPGS usually just die out and are forgotten unless someone puts effort into remaking it, like with Toontown and the bazillion different fanmakes. It’s usually an issue of budget, cause you would basically be remaking the game from the ground up due to most standard features of an MMORPG not really translating to a singleplayer game.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm still hoping Detective Pikachu Switch is in Pokémon's 25th anniversary plans this year.

The 2018 game ended on a cliffhanger, the Switch game was announced the following year, and absolute silence since.

The movie gives me a good idea what the game's conclusion will be but still.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
there's fake dreams and hypnosis type deals...but somehow no actual relationships. DC telling me that Harley Quinn/Booster Gold, Batman/Batgirl, and anyone with Hawkman can be a thing...but not a Bruce/Diana pairing....genuinely shocking
They were kinda a thing in the justice league cartoon, but considering how alone Bruce is in Bataman Beyond, the direct sequel to the Justice league cartoon it was a relationship that didnt work out in that continuity.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
From my research that’s what they plan on doing but idk. MMORPGS usually just die out and are forgotten unless someone puts effort into remaking it, like with Toontown and the bazillion different fanmakes. It’s usually an issue of budget, cause you would basically be remaking the game from the ground up due to most standard features of an MMORPG not really translating to a singleplayer game.
That's what I'm saying. Take the story and the world, and just... make a new game out of it.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Did I mention the guy who hate hates FFVI is a Chrono Trigger fanboy? Even though both games are made by the same company, he feels the need to hate hate FFVI, he should just like both!

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I reckon my dog is gonna be a-okay. He’s still doing dog things like eating and such, and he hasn’t been letting out any pained noises. We’re just gonna keep on spoiling him until he gets that bounce back. Something similar happened a while back when he drank from a pond, and he acted really similar there.
Look at this big Irish boy.
C6C5C5A2-C177-4A81-B1EF-3AF78EC3FB68.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom