• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Welp, set up a casting call for some artists for the game.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Wademan94 Wademan94 AndreaAC AndreaAC Been showin' y'all a bit of the game, and this has the game's first "proper description", if y'all would be interested in reading. It's short, but I can't exactly write an essay, haha.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Something tells me that there will be some The Mandalorian content in the upcoming LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (likely paid DLC).

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I love how all of the fighters in trailers like for Terry and Min Min are always jumping around and fighting over the invitation... when like... it probably says who it's for on the inside. Like, imagine if Spring Man had opened it and it just said "Dear Min Min" at the top.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But spiritomb has no arms or legs... how will it neutral?
I feel like the fact that it's a ghost takes care of a lot of the inherent issues. I could easily see, for example, a side tilt similar to Ivysaur's where it spins its "face," or producing spectral energy balls around or in front of it for various other attacks like its neutral air.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Wademan94 Wademan94 AndreaAC AndreaAC Been showin' y'all a bit of the game, and this has the game's first "proper description", if y'all would be interested in reading. It's short, but I can't exactly write an essay, haha.
I love how it said that the game was deemed sensitive content

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This is quite interesting.

While I been getting some good trick about pixel arts, I sadly don't feel confident enough in myself when it come to helping this project come to life. Still, I hope you & your team will be able to get the artists you need!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is quite interesting.

While I been getting some good trick about pixel arts, I sadly don't feel confident enough in myself when it come to helping this project come to life. Still, I hope you & your team will be able to get the artists you need!
Unrelated but your reaction pic reminds me I still should finish that OMORI Smash moveset I started.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Surprisingly I've been able to come up with more ideas for Spiritomb than Milotic so far, but that'll change soon. SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 heres my progress on Spiritomb in case you're curious:

Neutral Attack: Summons purple fireballs to act as fists that rapidly jab
Dash Attack: Throws her Keystone forward in a dropkick-like manner
Forward Tilt:
Down Tilt: Slides her keystone forward on the ground
Up Tilt:

Side Smash: Retreats into her keystone and pops back out with a scary face
Down Smash: Stomps the ground and sends out a wave of dark energy that hits both sides (resembles Dark Pulse)
Up Smash:

Neutral Aerial: The green orbs spread out and swirl around causing damage
Forward Aerial: Swings her keystone in upwards in front of herself
Back Aerial: Spiritomb thrusts her keystone behind her
Up Aerial:
Down Aerial: Retreats into her keystone and plummets straight down, can bury

Grab: Uses Psychic to grab opponents, opponents are surrounded by a purple aura
Pummel: Uses a psychic pulse
Forward Throw: Bounces opponent off ground in front of them,
Back Throw: Slams the opponent behind them in a German suplex maneuver
Down Throw: Throws opponent beneath her and stomps on them with her Keystone
Up throw: burns them with a blast of fire

Neutral Special: Will-O-Wisp-A chargeable move that puts up to three purple fireballs above her head and throws them forward

Side Special: Sucker Punch-a low-damage backward hit pulls opponents in and traps them in taking a stronger, high-damaging hit

Up Special: Ominous Wind-Spiritomb gets carried up by a whirlwind

D

Deleted member

this is def a weird question but...

do you sleep face-up or face-down?
I can’t fall asleep that well if I’m staring up at the ceiling tbh. So I usually just cover myself completely with a blanket and smush my head into my pillow.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Down Special could be Pain Split (Basically a clone of Robins Nosferatu)
Uair- Maybe a move where she swings her "head" up, with a hitbox/design similar to Mewtwo USmash?
edit: the Upair idea could also work for USmash
I didn’t incorporate Down Special because of the Pokémon Change mechanic with Cynthia

Noipoi

Howdy!
Surprisingly I've been able to come up with more ideas for Spiritomb than Milotic so far, but that'll change soon. SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 heres my progress on Spiritomb in case you're curious:

Forward Tilt:
Up Tilt:

Down Smash: Stomps the ground and sends out a wave of dark energy that hits both sides (resembles Dark Pulse)
Up Smash:

Up Aerial:

Neutral Special: Will-O-Wisp-A chargeable move that puts up to three purple fireballs above her head and throws them forward

Side Special: Sucker Punch-a low-damage backward hit pulls opponents in and traps them in taking a stronger, high-damaging hit

Maybe up smash could have her retreat into the keystone, flip upside down, and pop back out. Launching the keystone upwards.

Noipoi

Howdy!
this is def a weird question but...

do you sleep face-up or face-down?
I can’t fall asleep that well if I’m staring up at the ceiling tbh. So I usually just cover myself completely with a blanket and smush my head into my pillow.
Usually face up. Unless I’m dead tired, then it doesn’t matter at all.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Maybe up smash could have her retreat into the keystone, flip upside down, and pop back out. Launching the keystone upwards.
Sounds like that one :ultgunner: up special.

UTilt could be a quick hit above her with the keystone?
Like a backflip? Maybe.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I love how all of the fighters in trailers like for Terry and Min Min are always jumping around and fighting over the invitation... when like... it probably says who it's for on the inside. Like, imagine if Spring Man had opened it and it just said "Dear Min Min" at the top.
it probably doesnt specify.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Forward Tilt:
Up Tilt:

Up Smash:

Up Aerial:

Props to remembering Cynthia's Spiritomb is Female.

I seriously don't understand how a formation of 108 spirits can have a gender. Wouldn't it be a mix of both? Is there just one dominant spirit that affects gender? Are all the spirits the same gender? I have so many questions about this ****. Also 108 spirits that are bound to a rock can breed and make eggs and babies and ****. Cause logic.
Any thoughts or ideas on the other moves for Spiritomb?
I'll probably make a separate moveset myself later.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Am I the only one that thinks that the upcoming Final Fantasy XVI has the potential to become another iconic entry in the series? The same way the original, 6, 7, and 10 are? Like... there hasn't really BEEN an iconic entry in the series since 10. They REALLY tried with 13 and 15, but IMO they don't seem to have stuck. 11 and 14 are MMOs so the same rules don't necessarily apply, and 16 is the first game coming in the series after the revolutionary 7R and is going to use the same gameplay style.... IDK. I think the stars are gonna align in a way that it didn't for Vaan, Lightning, or Noctis.
Props to remembering Cynthia's Spiritomb is Female.

I seriously don't understand how a formation of 108 spirits can have a gender. Wouldn't it be a mix of both? Is there just one dominant spirit that affects gender? Are all the spirits the same gender? I have so many questions about this ****. Also 108 spirits that are bound to a rock can breed and make eggs and babies and ****. Cause logic.

I'll probably make a separate moveset myself later.
it's 108 girl spirits.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
My dog suddenly started limping out of nowhere last night. Not even anything in his paws or anything, he was doing fine for the larger chunk of the day. My mom says it might be a weight issue, so I’ve cut down his food a bit. Other than the limp, he seems to be getting along just fine, he’s still capable of moving the leg. Maybe he twisted it when getting up or something? I don’t know. Hopefully he heals up soon, I don’t want my dad’s homecoming to be spoiled when his buddy is in pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom