• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Anyone else chuckle at the fact that out if all of the fan made character movesets that have been made, the only one we actually ever got right was King K. Rool?
Nah, I’d say that’s to be expected. There’s like, what, 10-15 moves by default in a characters’ arsenal?(all the specials, all the aerials, all the neutrals, etc) the odds of getting all of that right is pretty slim in the first place.

unless you were refering to just the specials in which case just ignore this

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Damn I’ve been trying to get Raymond off of Nookazon but it’s a damn struggle. I might have to go manipulate the turnip market more to get more bells.

D

Deleted member

I bought a copy of Beacon of Tommorows for my memey turn 5 infinite win deck.... only to playtest it with a proxy card and find out that it shuffling itself into the deck ruins the entire combo and makes it not infinite
8E49D31D-5E5A-4267-A8FB-EEAE9A435589.png

an easy fix though, because the end of the combo shuffles my GY back into the deck anyway, so all I have to do is find an extra turn card that doesn’t do that, and doesn’t exile itself. And uh.... there goes my wallet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The only one we likely didn't expect from King K. Rool was his Down B's Gut Check. People would have probably thought prior to his reveal it'd be his slam move in Donkey Kong 64.

Prior to his reveal, I also would have thought his final smash would of been him jump a few times slamming the ground with his feet making cannonballs rain like in the first Donkey Kong Country.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anyone else chuckle at the fact that out if all of the fan made character movesets that have been made, the only one we actually ever got right was King K. Rool?
If you're just including specials, then Ridley is about even. Damn near every fan moveset for Ridley had fire breath neutral special, command grab dragging side special, and a flight based up special. People just didn't get Skewer, like how nobody anticipated Gut Check for K. Rool.

Most fan movesets I saw for Inkling were also very close. Splattershot Neutral special, Roller side special, and Ink Jump up special were all fairly unanimous, and Splat Bomb specials weren't an uncommon guess either. The main thing people got wrong for Inkling was actually the Final Smash. Most folks figured it'd be the Kraken instead of the Killer Wail.

Edit: Simon too, actually. Practically everyone had Axe, Holy Water, and Cross. The only thing was people predicted the SC4 swing move for the up special.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I kinda want to make a video but I dunno what I want to do.

Should probably wait until I get the better computer running though: this potato can barely record and play anything anyway

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Do you gain EXP after boss fights in FFVI? Or is it just like FFV in that you don’t? I believe it's the latter.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have gotten back on FF7R...and now I gotta game crush on Aerith (aye HD her is a baddie...but she also isn’t Barrett unfortunately. My man’s got gains for decades)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hyped up the fight with the elder guardian because I've never fought one legit before but it was a little disappointing.

Not complaining, but the entire time he was stuck and couldn't move and I just stood there hitting him

Also there was only one, when I thought there was going to be more of them

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been playing the original God Of War, and it's more subdued/smaller-scale than I expected. Going by the upgrades menu, I only have a single upgrade left to unlock (whatever magical ability is used by pressing Up on the D-pad), so I think I'm nearing the end of the game. (I have to get Pandora's Box, and I think there's a trip to Hades before the final boss since I'm under the impression that it happens once per game in this series)

I figured there'd be tons of bosses based on the monsters, heroes, and gods of Greek mythology, but so far, it's just been the Hydra. (though I know that Ares is the final boss) Maybe 2 and 3 are more like what I was expecting? (I'm not sure - I'm trying to go into these games knowing as little as possible)

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
OK. What should Cynthia's third Pokemon be in Smash? Lucario is already a solo fighter, and aside from Roserade and Garchomp... none of her Pokemon really have the appropriate body shape for smash.

duxx

Smash Ace
OK. What should Cynthia's third Pokemon be in Smash? Lucario is already a solo fighter, and aside from Roserade and Garchomp... none of her Pokemon really have the appropriate body shape for smash.
She used a Braviary in BW and B2W2, and she uses a Glaceon in B2W2, so either of those might work

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
But spiritomb has no arms or legs... how will it neutral?
Presumably it could shoot forward out of the Odd Keystone at high speeds, or if you want a combo, I picture a sort of trapping thing similar to the one Spiritomb used in Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky, but it wouldn't trap the foe and would deal damage in front of it, among other ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom