• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I threatened osby's cats, and I'm fairly certain he's grabbing his gun. :troll:

Edit: well he can pop me in my sleep. Good night, folks.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Here's an OMORI moveset that I've been trying to write for a while. Not sure if I did a good job at including elements from his game but I'm happy that I kept it (almost) entirely spoiler-free. Might make extra stuff like victory animations later if I feel like it.

@Guh-Huzzah! Metal Shop X Metal Shop X

Neutral Attack: Slashes in front of him with his knife thrice
Dash Attack: Holds his knife with two hands and thrusts it forward (STAB)
Forward Tilt: Steps forward and slashes upwards, can be followed with a downward slash if the button is pressed again (ATTACK AGAIN)
Down Tilt: Sweeps his foot to trip the opponent (TRIP)
Up Tilt: Grips his knife backward and swings it above himself

Side Smash: Attacks forward with surprising ferocity, hitting three times and launching with the final hit (HACK AWAY). If he's HAPPY, he instead bounces a basketball on his knee before kicking it forward (CURVEBALL)
Down Smash: Cuts behind and in front of himself. If he's SAD, he instead swings a frying pan around himself near the ground (TENDERIZE)
Up Smash: Jumps twice, slashing upwards with each time. If he's ANGRY, he instead winds up and swings a baseball bat upwards (BEATDOWN)

Neutral Aerial: Somersaults and hits with his extended leg
Forward Aerial: A roundhouse kick followed by a knife hit
Back Aerial: Puts his knife under his arms and shoves it backward with his free hand
Up Aerial: Kicks upward
Down Aerial: Pulls a Sprout Mole out of nowhere and slams it downward

Grab: Uses Reaches out to grab the opponent with his free hand
Pummel: Headbutts them
Forward Throw: Shows the opponent forward with a shoulder check
Back Throw: Turns the opponent back and kicks them without looking at them
Down Throw: Trips the opponent down and stabs them multiple times
Up throw: Winds down and kicks the opponent upward with a stretch kick

Neutral Special: EMOTION CHART. Pulls out a book and reads it carefully. This special changes his emotion, respectively to SAD, HAPPY and ANGRY, with every input making him switch to the next emotion. A shield+special input resets his emotion to NEUTRAL. SAD makes him deal and take less damage/knockback; powering up his down special/smash. HAPPY makes him faster and lighter, powering up his side special/smash. ANGRY makes him hit harder and take more damage, powering up his up special/smash.

Side Special: MOCK. Sends a projectile in the form of multiple 👆 signs. It travels horizontally and lowers the attack of any opponent it hits slightly. If he's HAPPY, this attack becomes HIT-AND-RUN, a kicked basketball that stays around longer and hits harder.

Up Special: LUCKY SLICE. Crouches before jumping upwards, slicing with his knife all the way up, and finishing with a final slash that has a low chance of dealing a critical hit. If he's ANGRY, this attack becomes TWIRL, traveling further and hitting with a spinning baseball bat attack at the end which deals more damage.

Down Special: BREAD SLICE. Readies his knife and thrusts it forward, dealing weak damage but immense knockback. If this attack hits an enemy, a Special Zoom will be triggered and a bread food item appears in front of him, healing 8%. If he's SAD, this attack becomes SNACK TIME, hitting with a frying pan instead of a knife. It deals more damage and creates a jam food item that heals 15%.

Final Smash: RELEASE ENERGY. A cinematic Final Smash that can be triggered by a group of spectral red hands that spring from the ground in front of him. Upon activation, it shows the player party joining him to beat down the enemy.
Can't say much since I'm at work, but I really like the use of the emotion system!

Think I need to re-read it later to be sure, but right now, this moveset seem quite fun.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Can't say much since I'm at work, but I really like the use of the emotion system!

Think I need to re-read it later to be sure, but right now, this moveset seem quite fun.
Thanks, it wasn't easy to not just make it Monado 2.0 but I'm glad it turned out fine!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
I'm still waiting to wonder what the other Titans of Monsterverse we didn't get to see look like, it's been two years and the only things we have are fan art and x-ray skeletons which fans speculate a lot.

I wanna see my boy Bunyip and Leviathan, Yamata-No-Orochi as well!
(I picture Orochi being a centipede who has 8 heads and 8 tails who could inspire the myth of Omukade, a yokai that's a giant centipede.)

D

Deleted member

Propaganda now: THE OPPOSING PARtY IS A BUNCH OF BABY EATING MADMEN! VOTE ME AND I'll FIX EVERYTHING!

Propaganda 70 years ago:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
****ing hell only 1 week left before the biggest wrestling week of the year begins

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
One thing I really don’t like about FFVI, is that it’s one of those games with two different endings, and if you don’t beat the game 100%, you get the bad one.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Here's a random piece of FF trivia:
FFV's protagonist is the only one who isn't adopted.... I think he's the only one.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Warning Issued
Maybe representative democracy requires an active and engaged populous to function properly. There's a reason Republicans like cutting education so much.
Now A ****ING THIRD of Republican voters believe in QAnon, which is an openly Jewish Questioning conspiracy theory. Republicans made Donald Trump, and Donald Trump made QAnon, so vicariously, Republicans made QAnon.

And I know that President Biden is a Democrat, but if you followed the Democratic Primary, you'd see that the OVERWHELMING reason people chose Biden over Bernie was electability, the ability to get crossover votes, Moderate Republicans.
I'm sorry, but I want ZERO compromise with a group that wants me in a gas chamber. And peddling to them is what got us empty, inoffensive morons like Biden. Yet they STILL call him a "radical Communist." As an ACTUAL Communist that studied Political Science, I can assure you that Biden is about as Communist as a bucket of white paint is sweetened condensed milk.
Peddling to these conspiratorial morons that are barely a step above gorillas is why the United States got three TINY stimulus checks while the rest of the world got RECURRING stimulus checks that were worth more than ours DESPITE the United States having the largest GDP in the world. It's why we STILL, IN 20-****ING-21 have no national healthcare system. It is a ****ing MEME to not break your leg while visiting the United States, because that's a bill here. We STILL have no high speed rail in this country. ZERO! We have fewer square feet of solar panels than GERMANY despite having TWENTY-EIGHT TIMES THE LAND MASS.
The United States is the richest country on Earth with some of the poorest citizens because somewhere along the line, a generation was convinced that anyone leftward of Benito Mussolini is a baby-killing Satanist who wants to take their guns away.
We are WORSE than a ship with no Captain. We are like a ship with a Captain actively aiming for the iceberg, and the only solace is knowing that the captain is so incompetent that he may accidentally miss the target.
Wow. Remind me never to trip in front of this guy.

Ok. For my upcoming Final Fantasy series binge, what’s different between the main series, Tactics, Crystal Chronicles, and Type-0, and are they worth looking in to?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Maybe representative democracy requires an active and engaged populous to function properly. There's a reason Republicans like cutting education so much.
Now A ****ING THIRD of Republican voters believe in QAnon, which is an openly Jewish Questioning conspiracy theory. Republicans made Donald Trump, and Donald Trump made QAnon, so vicariously, Republicans made QAnon.

And I know that President Biden is a Democrat, but if you followed the Democratic Primary, you'd see that the OVERWHELMING reason people chose Biden over Bernie was electability, the ability to get crossover votes, Moderate Republicans.
I'm sorry, but I want ZERO compromise with a group that wants me in a gas chamber. And peddling to them is what got us empty, inoffensive morons like Biden. Yet they STILL call him a "radical Communist." As an ACTUAL Communist that studied Political Science, I can assure you that Biden is about as Communist as a bucket of white paint is sweetened condensed milk.
Peddling to these conspiratorial morons that are barely a step above gorillas is why the United States got three TINY stimulus checks while the rest of the world got RECURRING stimulus checks that were worth more than ours DESPITE the United States having the largest GDP in the world. It's why we STILL, IN 20-****ING-21 have no national healthcare system. It is a ****ing MEME to not break your leg while visiting the United States, because that's a bill here. We STILL have no high speed rail in this country. ZERO! We have fewer square feet of solar panels than GERMANY despite having TWENTY-EIGHT TIMES THE LAND MASS.
The United States is the richest country on Earth with some of the poorest citizens because somewhere along the line, a generation was convinced that anyone leftward of Benito Mussolini is a baby-killing Satanist who wants to take their guns away.
We are WORSE than a ship with no Captain. We are like a ship with a Captain actively aiming for the iceberg, and the only solace is knowing that the captain is so incompetent that he may accidentally miss the target.
Can we make this a copypasta?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ok. For my upcoming Final Fantasy series binge, what’s different between the main series, Tactics, Crystal Chronicles, and Type-0, and are they worth looking in to?
I haven't played Type-0, but Crystal Chronicles is more of an action RPG with a heavy emphasis on co-op, while Tactics is a strategy RPG (kind of like Fire Emblem, though without the perma-death most of the time). I've only played Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube and Tactics Advance on the GBA, so I can't comment on, say, the original Tactics.

You can skip them and wouldn't miss much, though I've heard people speak highly of the original Final Fantasy Tactics. Tactics Advance was good, though I believe people have issues with the protagonist being unintentionally unsympathetic at best or the bad guy at worst, and I had issues with Crystal Chronicles (the multiplayer, despite being a major part of the game, is clunky, and you can be locked out of progressing for extended periods of time).

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I haven't played Type-0, but Crystal Chronicles is more of an action RPG with a heavy emphasis on co-op, while Tactics is a strategy RPG (kind of like Fire Emblem, though without the perma-death most of the time). I've only played Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube and Tactics Advance on the GBA, so I can't comment on, say, the original Tactics.

You can skip them and wouldn't miss much, though I've heard people speak highly of the original Final Fantasy Tactics. Tactics Advance was good, though I believe people have issues with the protagonist being unintentionally unsympathetic at best or the bad guy at worst, and I had issues with Crystal Chronicles (the multiplayer, despite being a major part of the game, is clunky, and you can be locked out of progressing for extended periods of time).
Alright. Well... the original Tactics is the only one available on my phone so I think I will just play tactics. And I’ll try the demo of Crystal chronicles on the switch to see, but it it’s primarily co-op focused it might not be good for a lone snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom