• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Microsoft: * laughs in four generations *
Sony actually sucks balls with preservation. I never seen a company so against game preservation in my life, and I'm a Nintendo fan.

At least they are willing to port big titles and old ass games to their latest consoles, even if they do it as slow as molasses. What the hell is Sony's excuse?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So the PlayStation thing is official? I guess it truly is end of a era.

Although after reading a specific quote about how a big exec at Sony questioned why people wanted to play older games due to them not looking good, I feel it was a matter of time.

I may not be a PS fan, but I feel for you folks.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Crazy how Piracy would be cut a lot if games were just re-released. Now there's a ton of games that will no longer have a means of being obtained legally without costing an arm and a leg. The Mega Man Legends titles are good examples of this. That said, I understand companies can't keep the servers totally open forever. Just that there's steps they could take to bring a lot of those titles over to a newer system.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
It also doesn't help the Metal Gear Legacy collection uses a digital download code for MGS1

And I'm really hesitating whether to buy a Playstation classic or not

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I‘m genuinely curious about the exact mentality behind people defending Playstation’s more detrimental decisions that they’e made lately. Aside from today’s news and their ignoring of Japan Studio, it’s got a mountain of classic fans more than a little miffed, yet there’s still some people defending it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were to defend PS if the higher ups were to say something not just stupid, but genuinely offensive. I’d just want to know why.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Started watching Angel Beats and I'm curious if you've seen it before and have any thoughts on it. The premise is pretty interesting and the humor has even made me chuckle a few times. Also seems like it could potentially be a feels trip with the character backstories I've seen so far.

D

Deleted member

This has been a bit easier than expected, all things considered
Capture2.PNG

Of course, I had to hit a roadblock somewhere; I can't seem to figure out how to change the texture for the eyes and mouth, and all the documents I found are for very old versions of blender :drsad: not to mention rendering this would be a pain in the ass cause of my weak specs

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
What Sony needs is an ecosystem that they can simply reuse across generations. With consoles now becoming basically mid-range prefab PCs with the PS5 and Series X, there is hope that what we have now will just be continuously brought forward in the future. PS3, Vita, and the PSP were all running on emulators that were (I'm assuming), specifically designed for that hardware, and asking them to keep the lights on forever when there isn't any financial gain for them to is a bit of a tough ask from the company's standpoint.

However, That does not excuse how Sony and Nintendo both are failing to offer newer and more future-proof alternatives. The money and genuinely genius ideas are there for a subscription based model that offers classic and legacy content à la carte, but for whatever reason, Sony and Nintendo stubbornly refuse to embrace the idea fully and really put R&D into it. Perhaps focus grouping and researching is showing that there might not be as much money to make as we may think? Perhaps they're afraid legacy content will inadvertently compete with upcoming releases? Who knows. Either way, it's butts, and is why I'm a huge believer of if you already own it or it isn't available to purchase officially anymore, emulate that sucker.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the DCAU is still the best animation universe of all time (only Avatar and 90s Marvel can rival it)

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The only title that makes the Famicom Mini better than the North American one is FFIII.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i want to sell my ps3 and the games before the psn shuts down for it, but i heard gamestop's in a kinda... precarious situation atm, and i REFUSE to use ebay after that managed payments bull*. no * you i am NOT connecting my bank account to my ebay account paypal was perfect why

sigh

if not for that i was hoping to do some stuff that'd help turn my life around... like selling some old stuff

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

EVERYONE WHO WATCHES OR CARES ABOUT MELEE

A new Melee tier list released.

And it looks awesome <3

It reflects the meta really well right now. I have no complaints whatsoever.

1617048423279.png

Comparison to the previous one.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well, looks like it's time to hack the PS3, PSP, and Vita.
I know and **** that.

I've got no real reason to play my Vita outside of Virtua Tennis and Persona 4 but still it sucks.

Crazy how Piracy would be cut a lot if games were just re-released. Now there's a ton of games that will no longer have a means of being obtained legally without costing an arm and a leg. The Mega Man Legends titles are good examples of this. That said, I understand companies can't keep the servers totally open forever. Just that there's steps they could take to bring a lot of those titles over to a newer system.
I agree with the servers 100% but with how heavy the demand is for PS5 for a number of reasons and how there are still places in second world countries that STILL play stuff like the PS3 very heavily they could have delayed it another year to be fair. Would have been a nice compromise.

And honestly I think once certain gears lock into place, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony really, really go on the attack of piracy and make sure it is picked clean and no way to do so. The company has been pulling moves I don't like.

I‘m genuinely curious about the exact mentality behind people defending Playstation’s more detrimental decisions that they’e made lately. Aside from today’s news and their ignoring of Japan Studio, it’s got a mountain of classic fans more than a little miffed, yet there’s still some people defending it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were to defend PS if the higher ups were to say something not just stupid, but genuinely offensive. I’d just want to know why.
To be really honest of a massive PS fan, their Japan Studio butchering would alone have made me lean towards Xbox it if wasn't cause of God of War and FFXVI. The experimentation of that game studio was one of the best in the industry from ICO to Ape Escape to LocoRoco to of course the company's still most critically acclaimed game.

Also by the way, their ****ty PS4 to PS5 save system is horrendous, PS5 has apparently noise issues with it's fans, issues with connecting controllers etc. Xbox is doing better out of the gate.

Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Started watching Angel Beats and I'm curious if you've seen it before and have any thoughts on it. The premise is pretty interesting and the humor has even made me chuckle a few times. Also seems like it could potentially be a feels trip with the character backstories I've seen so far.
Definitely has one of my favourite set-ups of an anime. A waystation in the afterlife filled with teenagers/young adults who have regrets and a sort of war. I'll tell you though the ending does get a bit messy.

Also the music is one of the best. Great choice to watch my friend, great choice.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Fox in Melee and Bayonetta in Sm4sh were also considered SS.
I would still leave Bayo in SS to this day.
But Melee Fox being an S tier works better. There's more counterplay available against him. He is the best character in Melee, but it's not by a large margin.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey there osby osby , just wanted to post this since I sadly didn't find time to look up your Omori moveset post against and expand my thoughts on it. I know it's minor all things considered, but just wanted to let you know that, even if I couldn't write more on it, I look forward to any posts that expand on the concept (like taunt, color palettes,etc..). 'cuz hey, I really like Omori. Even if im still waiting a switch port.

That is all, outside of that, have a great night!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

EVERYONE WHO WATCHES OR CARES ABOUT MELEE

A new Melee tier list released.

And it looks awesome <3

It reflects the meta really well right now. I have no complaints whatsoever.

View attachment 309193

Comparison to the previous one.
I've been saying Melee Bowser is the worst character in the game for a while.

I'm glad others are seeing this too.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I've been saying Melee Bowser is the worst character in the game for a while.

I'm glad others are seeing this too.
If you're slow, chunky, and have very limited combos in a combo-focused game, things aren't going to go well. Bowser is the most un-Melee-like character in Melee, and that summarizes why he's the worst. It's like he's playing checkers while the other 25 characters are playing chess.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This kid just randomly started recording a video in class, so I was a bit uncomfortable that I was in it. I asked her to delete it, and she didn‘t, so I asked a teacher for help. Her friends then started **** talking me and saying I was “causing problems”.
526AEDA6-E29A-4383-B331-F033D884D202.jpeg

I didn’t cause crap, she was the one recording my voice without my consent.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Truth is, I don't like pirating games I don't own.

The only time that I'm fine with pirating if its super old to the point where it doesn't matter, or if it's impossible to find to the point where I have to pirate. I rather own games legally, and I don't mind emulating games that I legally own.
When it comes to games I really hating pirating to hell. In fact I outright refuse it. Anime and TV shows to a certain extent.

Music on the other hand.......................

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If you're slow, chunky, and have very limited combos in a combo-focused game, things aren't going to go well. Bowser is the most un-Melee-like character in Melee, and that summarizes why he's the worst.
Kinda remind me at how MK in Brawl is basically a Melee character stuck in Brawl, and that's why he is the best.

Then again, no one in Melee as a good as recovery as Brawl MK as.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Kinda remind me at how MK in Brawl is basically a Melee character stuck in Brawl, and that's why he is the best.

Then again, no one in Melee as a good as recovery as Brawl MK as.
Mew2King's said it before... "Brawl Meta Knight is the only Melee character in Brawl. The others are true Brawl characters." The damage output is just too strong, among other strengths that are insane.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom