• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
OK. Seriously FFXV. Why can't Iris or Aranea be PERMENANT party members? Why does my party have to be such a sausage fest?
It really does hurt on that front. And Aranea was actually one of the best characters in the game.

Like I remember playing through it and hoping that eventually the Regalia would get upgraded to carry more characters but where you are I gave up on that.

It is a very mixed game.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
It really does hurt on that front. And Aranea was actually one of the best characters in the game.

Like I remember playing through it and hoping that eventually the Regalia would get upgraded to carry more characters but where you are I gave up on that.

It is a very mixed game.
Also. Like... I’m almost tempted to break into my PS4 and mod it so it plays the FFVIIR soundtrack instead. This one is just... so unmemorable

Dutch Raikuna

Also. Like... I’m almost tempted to break into my PS4 and mod it so it plays the FFVIIR soundtrack instead. This one is just... so unmemorable
How dare ye! Joking

Seriously though. I'm surprised as I think it has one of the best soundtracks in the series. The first battle theme, Ardyn's Theme, Apocalypsis Noctis, Shield of the King etc are all great pieces.

I take you got the Royal Edition right with all the DLC?

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

It is a very mixed game.
And the dumb part is that, during that segment where Iris joins your party temporarily, ALL FIVE FIT IN THE CAR JUST FINE! And she was really helpful because she’s a healer so it augmented my primarily damage focused play style.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
And the dumb part is that, during that segment where Iris joins your party temporarily, ALL FIVE FIT IN THE CAR JUST FINE! And she was really helpful because she’s a healer so it augmented my primarily damage focused play style.
Would you rather play FFXV or FFV?

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ok, but you're spitting on UFC.

It shouldn't be that hard to find UFC matches. Like, no reason for it to be.
old UFC fights and shows are easy enough to find sure, but when it comes to live ppvs, I may end up watching it through websites (that mostly goes to shows I either missed out on due to life and whatever, shows that weren't bought on ESPN+...and speaking of which...whenever/if ever that service decides to freak the **** out again and doesn't allow most people to watch it...or if it's an event that isn't a massive deal, but I'd like to check out a fight or 2 for).

Now if I was the one buying ppvs and ****, then I'd buy whatever catches my interest...but I do not...that's what my dear ol father is for. Only ppvs being bought in this house are WWE ppvs (rip WWE Network...but **** you Peacock atm you making me suffer rn), certain UFC and Boxing ppvs, and...actually that's it.

Dutch Raikuna

Random story of something I remembered so thought I'd share:

There was a time where I had to go the US during college time but I had to do a lot of coursework over there with a deadline of one paper. So at 5am EST (10 am in the UK) was when I finished it. I sent it to him with this sentence and told him it was a Chinese proverb:

You can distance between the boy and the college but you can't put distance between college-work and the boy.

Was told I passed and I should stop embarrassing myself. sighs I miss college.

I'm going to go pick up some Taco Bell soon, anyone want anything?
Nothing. I didn't enjoy Taco Bell over there.

Five Guys and Chick-Fil-A the best.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Overall thoughts on the movie.

It's no Kong: Skull Island but I do think it was better than the other two and with the way it ended, I'll be fine if this is where it ends given no indication or hints to a sequel.

That said, I did have some problems.

-I love fast-paced movies but it felt too fast, didn't even feel like the running time it had.
-Not getting anything out of Ren showing any character how his relationship with his father was.
-Like King of the Monsters, you don't get much out of the characters (Outside of Serizawa) and the story.
-The fact we didn't get to see any of the other titans not seen in King of the Monsters and were just killed.
-The whole Kong journeying to the Hollow Earth would have worked better as its own film as a supposed 2nd Kong movie.

That said, what I liked most was the execution of the "team-up". I heavily doubted Wingard but he managed to pull it off if there was one, thankful it didn't come across as Batman vs. Superman as well as Godzilla's reason for going "rogue" helping Mechagodzilla fit into the plot well.

Overall I say this is another film more for the hardcore kaiju fans, general audience-wise I would say is a timewaster at best with most of the appeal coming from the giant monster action.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom