• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Quick question: What's the worst FF game that isn't XIII or II?

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
If you want to talk FF?

FFXIII would have been better if it did the way FFXV went with it's open world. Like that art direction was amazing. Proof the game was made about two generations too early.

1617071450639.png

Open world eco-futuristic FF with segments in a ruined world below. Also shout-out to Oerba, one of my favourite locales in video games:

6896Oerba_03-copy.jpg

A beautiful ruined town that is a direct inspiration for one of the most important places in my story: The Starsea.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
If you want to talk FF?

FFXIII would have been better if it did the way FFXV went with it's open world. Like that art direction was amazing. Proof the game was made about two generations too early.

View attachment 309226

Open world eco-futuristic FF with segments in a ruined world below. Also shout-out to Oerba, one of my favourite locales in video games:

View attachment 309227

A beautiful ruined town that is a direct inspiration for one of the most important places in my story: The Starsea.
Unfortunately, graphics don't matter if the gameplay sucks. It's a shame... but that's the way it is.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
FF2 and 3 skipped the west because they wanted to focus on the newfangled Super Nintendo and get FF4 out. But what about 5? Why'd they skip that one? :yoshi:
FFIV had bad sales, so Square didn't think the West was ready. But, look who came on the PSX, everybody except FFIII, and look who came to the GBA! Also, everybody but FFIII.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Come to think of it, why did FFIII never receive a GBA port or PSX port?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just found out they moved The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard to June.

Nice! Enjoyed the first movie, definitely look forward to its sequel. Samuel L. Jackson and Ryan Reynolds have great chemistry.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I'm not even sure if the characters in FFII have any personality. Either because I'm playing the NES version and it's so godawfully translated anything resembling actual english grammar is nonexistent, or because they're simply not interesting enough.

Dutch Raikuna

Need to decide tomorrow about my April Fools period of a random as hell pfp. Something beyond my boundaries instead of anime/game related.

Should be a bit off the wall.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wait, are you telling me it was possible to get a Tyranitar or Metagross in B&W via the rustling grass, well AFTER the game conditions you to keep thinking it's Audino?

malding rn, do not talk to me.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Need to decide tomorrow about my April Fools period of a random as hell pfp. Something beyond my boundaries instead of anime/game related.

Should be a bit off the wall.
It won't matter because the site will decide the pfp for you. I learned too late, and it's one of the many reasons it's my least favorite holiday :yoshi:

Dutch Raikuna

It won't matter because the site will decide the pfp for you. I learned too late, and it's one of the many reasons it's my least favorite holiday :yoshi:
Ahh my friend that's why you do it over a few days. From the 30th to the 3rd or something, Gotta get tactical.

In FFXV you can dress up as an Assassin from Assassin's Creed. But NOT any of the other FF protagonists? Come on! Let me equip the Buster Sword and dress up as Cloud and pretend I'm playing more FF7!
Don't get me started on that Snake. I'll wait until you are near the end of the game if you want hear me rant about something especially.

Also. If there are two things' I'll defend about FFXV to the end and saying without spoilers it's the chain of final bosses and the protagonist-antagonist dynamic.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ahh my friend that's why you do it over a few days. From the 30th to the 3rd or something, Gotta get tactical.

Don't get me started on that Snake. I'll wait until you are near the end of the game if you want hear me rant about something especially.

Also. If there are two things' I'll defend about FFXV to the end and saying without spoilers it's the chain of final bosses and the protagonist-antagonist dynamic.
I'll let you know when I'm close. What chapter?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Like chapter 13. Shows the real inconsistency of the whole game right there. Also that part is infamous for a reason.

Also the lore really does fold on itself and prevents the game from doing so much more. You'll see what I mean when you get there.
OK. I'm on chapter 8 before the Brave New World Mission. Felt like a good place to take a break and clear out some more sidequests and farm more EXP.

Dutch Raikuna

OK. I'm on chapter 8 before the Brave New World Mission. Felt like a good place to take a break and clear out some more sidequests and farm more EXP.
There's good spot to take a while. I'd check out Episode Gladio as well.

Again there is a lot of good things about the game like its modern fantasy setting and some aspects of it's combat but it's just messy. There's heart but it's got an irregular pulse.

OK I'm getting poetic. That's a sign I need to jump off for the night.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Again there is a lot of good things about the game like its modern fantasy setting and some aspects of it's combat but it's just messy. There's heart but it's got an irregular pulse.

I mean... it is a little weird that it's basically Final Fantasy America, IMO. But yeah, I agree with most of this.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I like Ardyn at least.

Sakurai imma need one more thing from you
As soon as DK gets his actual voice

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Enjoy man. It's definitely an experience. I myself should get around to rewatching it again.
Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
I'm definitely curious about what all the hype is about.

It seems to be the most praised and beloved western animated show of all time, and I don't doubt that it's for a good reason. With that, and how several friends already recommended it to me, I've already been planning on watching it for a while, now.

What, do you have early access to the sequels or something? Is your uncle james cameron?
My dog's second cousin twice removed works for James Cameron, and he told me everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom