• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Listening to the main theme of Red Dead 2 and man can't stop imagining a scene when a certain part of the theme kicks in:

Like when that bit at the 39th second kicks in I can just imagine the scene:

Doors kick open to the bank. Group of men break in armed. One tall man with two revolvers armed aims at two bankers and begins to speak.

"Gentlemen. We are here today to perform the greatest of American Arts: Robbery. Now........open the vaults, the registers and no-one will get harmed."

Guard that is hiding behind the front desk and pops up, injuring one of the men only to be retaliated by a few bullets, killing him. The head of the gang continues to speak.

"We are trying to be civil here! And now you have a man killed. We can do this the easy way or we can do this the hard way!"

And so on. Love it when music helps picture a scene.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’ll be surprised if poor Sir Dan isn’t one of them
He is.
Toro, Spike, Radec, Sackboy, Isaac, Zeus, and Sir Dan were all potential bottom one characters, and Nariko and Jak and Daxter weren't too far behind.

On the flipside, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Fat Princess, and Parappa the Rapper were all in the top 10 range.

That game was weird when it came to balancing.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
He is.
Toro, Spike, Radec, Sackboy, Isaac, Zeus, and Sir Dan were all potential bottom one characters, and Nariko and Jak and Daxter weren't too far behind.

On the flipside, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Fat Princess, and Parappa the Rapper were all in the top 10 range.

That game was weird when it came to balancing.
Doesn't sound any weirder than Jigglypuff overshadowing Mewtwo or Young Link being even a little bit stronger than his 17-year-old counterpart.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Everyone is talking about Mario meeting his doom in a couple days but don't forget Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light on the eShop will also disappear on that day. :ultmarth:
Marth had permanently died before, so his next demise will hurt less

Dutch Raikuna

yeah. Royal Edition was on sale and the few packs that weren't included were very cheap
Then you should have started with Episode Ardyn and then have played Episode Gladiolus when your time with Iris as a guest is over. It'll make a bit more sense or so it tries.

Once you reach the Venice like city and it's events then Ignis and then a certain part later (you'll know it) Prompto.

Just saying but Episodes Ignis and Prompto are the best parts of the game sadly in the DLC.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Then you should have started with Episode Ardyn and then have played Episode Gladiolus when your time with Iris as a guest is over. It'll make a bit more sense or so it tries.

Once you reach the Venice like city and it's events then Ignis and then a certain part later (you'll know it) Prompto.

Just saying but Episodes Ignis and Prompto are the best parts of the game sadly in the DLC.
I was gonna play the main game and then do the episodes afterwards. I didn't know there was an order.

Dutch Raikuna

I was gonna play the main game and then do the episodes afterwards. I didn't know there was an order.
Yeah there is but up to you. Actually.............I'd wait to play Episode Ignis until after you complete the game. Just remembered something that's spoilery.

Episode Prompto you definitely need to play. It'll help understand something a lot, lot better about him but you need to reach a certain bit.

Episode Gladio dives into a bit of Cor's backstory and has the world's version of Gilgamesh featured but not much.

Episode Ardyn is fine whenever but it proves how much the game very patchy if that makes sense.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Also... wow, Prompto has one of the best episodes of the game? PROMPTO? That annoying *****?

Dutch Raikuna

Also... wow, Prompto has one of the best episodes of the game? PROMPTO? That annoying *****?
Hey. I actually like him. He's annoying but not as bad as I see it.

It'll make you understand why he is one. And in a way it's probably the most relatable part of the entire game.

And want your opinion of this most of all. Would you say the game is very patchy if that makes sense? The quality is very inconsistent?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah there is but up to you. Actually.............I'd wait to play Episode Ignis until after you complete the game. Just remembered something that's spoilery.

Episode Prompto you definitely need to play. It'll help understand something a lot, lot better about him but you need to reach a certain bit.

Episode Gladio dives into a bit of Cor's backstory and has the world's version of Gilgamesh featured but not much.

Episode Ardyn is fine whenever but it proves how much the game very patchy if that makes sense.
Reminds me. I really hope Gilgamesh gets into FF7R in one of the parts. Would be nice to have that iconic recurring element make it in.

Also, the more days the world goes on without a 2D fighting game developed by ArcSys based on Final Fantasy, the closer humanity gets to extinction.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Reminds me. I really hope Gilgamesh gets into FF7R in one of the parts. Would be nice to have that iconic recurring element make it in.

Also, the more days the world goes on without a 2D fighting game developed by ArcSys based on Final Fantasy, the closer humanity gets to extinction.
Wait, what games was Gilgamesh in? FFV was his debut, but what other ones were there?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hey. I actually like him. He's annoying but not as bad as I see it.

It'll make you understand why he is one. And in a way it's probably the most relatable part of the entire game.

And want your opinion of this most of all. Would you say the game is very patchy if that makes sense? The quality is very inconsistent?
Kind of yeah. It reminds me of an MMO in terms of structure.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wait, what games was Gilgamesh in? FFV was his debut, but what other ones were there?
The Dawn of Souls remake of the original, FF4: The After Years, Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy 11, Final Fantasy 12, Final Fantasy 13, Final Fantasy 14, Final Fantasy 15, and Final Fantasy Type-0. Plus a bunch more of the spinoffs.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The Dawn of Souls remake of the original, FF4: The After Years, Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy 11, Final Fantasy 12, Final Fantasy 13, Final Fantasy 14, Final Fantasy 15, and Final Fantasy Type-0. Plus a bunch more of the spinoffs.
Wow. Every one except FFVII and FFX? I thought he was only in FFV, FFVIII, FFXII, and FFXV. It was a lot more. But, Battle on the Big Bridge is a kickass theme.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Less then 3 weeks away from the new Mortal Kombat movie.

Hope it lives up to its potential.

Next week I might watch Raya and the Last Dragon. That and Soul I plan to give a look at. After some deep thinking, overused tropes don't bother me as much as they used to anymore as execution is what matters at this point as most originality has been used up and judge a movie once I actually see it.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
It's funny to think, but in the time between FFVIIR, FFI got remade twice, FFII got remade twice, FFIII got remade once, FFIV got remade twice, FFV got remade twice, and FFVI got remade twice. 'Bout friggin' time!

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
And now I want all of those games to get remade again. Every turn based game. I will not let this desire die.
Unfortunately, none of them will give EXP after boss battles, you can blame V for that. Now all they'll do is give ABP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom