• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I recently watched a 2 hour+ video about why The Last Airbender sucks, for basically no reason.

I mean, sure...it's not that great but, I also don't despise the film either...

Shroob

Sup?
I recently watched a 2 hour+ video about why The Last Airbender sucks, for basically no reason.

I mean, sure...it's not that great but, I also don't despise the film either...
Could be worse.

You coulda watched a 7 hour video review of Pokemon Omega Ruby from start to finish.

.......it was a slow, boring day, okay?

Shroob

Sup?
How did they manage to find seven hours worth of things to talk about for that game? lol
How do you still have stuff to say after like three hours?

It’s a Pokémon game. Bad Pokémon games are lame and uninteresting, not a hilarious tragedy of errors.
It was kinda like a Longplay vid, just, it was also a review.

I kept getting it recommended in my YT recommendeds and was like:

"Jesus Christ 7 hours? No way."

One boring day later

".....**** it."

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
164650088_1370738356614775_5998106310350401716_o.jpg

I just beat Yokai watch 4, i cant read Japanese at all but the plot was easy enough to follow along that i enjoyed myself.

Now i just wished it was givven a proper localization but since Level 5 closed it's western office i doubt that'shappening anytime soon.

Could be worse.

You coulda watched a 7 hour video review of Pokemon Omega Ruby from start to finish.

.......it was a slow, boring day, okay?
That video hav\s been showing up in my recommended since it was first uploaded and i always wanna click on it but i REALLY dont want to spent that much time on one video.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
OK. Am I wrong, as someone who enjoys Batman enough but the character only ranks like.... #18 in my top 100 DC characters list, to wish other characters that I actually liked got more of a spotlight on them? Am I wrong to be a little upset that a character I don't really get gets so much promotion and love when characters that I fully understand and actually love do not? Am I ureasonable for being upset that it is pretty much a fact that any Batman side-character is more likely then a majority of DC's headliner characters from the comics who aren't connected to him to get a film or show made?
Your likings and love for other characters isn’t an issue whatsoever, however that will never change the fact that Batman is always gonna have one of the top billings for DC as a whole. And besides, there are many amazing things that doesn’t involve him as a player at all (Stargirl, Doom Patrol, Shazam, most CW shows, all just some examples of DC products that don’t include him). You want some bomb **** without the Dark Knight or his crew, I’d recommend those. Would’ve said things like any of the Titans shows, Harley Quinn, or Young Justice...but they all involve Bat Family characters

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Your likings and love for other characters isn’t an issue whatsoever, however that will never change the fact that Batman is always gonna have one of the top billings for DC as a whole. And besides, there are many amazing things that doesn’t involve him as a player at all (Stargirl, Doom Patrol, Shazam, most CW shows, all just some examples of DC products that don’t include him). You want some bomb **** without the Dark Knight or his crew, I’d recommend those. Would’ve said things like any of the Titans shows, Harley Quinn, or Young Justice...but they all involve Bat Family characters
I gave up on the DC CW shows after Crisis on Infinite Earths. Everything looked to be going to **** after that special event what with what happened with Elongated Man's actor, Supergirl's cancelation, the announcement of Superman & Lois, and Ruby Rose leaving Batwoman to be replaced by a god damn OC.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I gave up on the DC CW shows after Crisis on Infinite Earths. Everything looked to be going to **** after that special event what with what happened with Elongated Man's actor, Supergirl's cancelation, the announcement of Superman & Lois, and Ruby Rose leaving Batwoman to be replaced by a god damn OC.
...Ruby left cause she couldn’t handle the painful superhero gig, and despite promises of not recasting her...they literally ended up recasting her anyways recently...so uh...that didn’t last long., while Supergirl kinda has to end since the actor is/was preggers. Tho if you were to watch just a single CW show, watch Stargirl. Is completely unrelated to the Arrowverse, was a DC Universe exclusive series (before that service stopped showing media, but they have an extremely high budget like Titans and Doom Patrol), and is actually the only family friendly show out of those 3 weirdly enough. Haven’t gotten to check out Superman & Lois, but I’ve heard good things about it so far

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
...Ruby left cause she couldn’t handle the painful superhero gig, and despite promises of not recasting her...they literally ended up recasting her anyways recently...so uh...that didn’t last long., while Supergirl kinda has to end since the actor is/was preggers. Tho if you were to watch just a single CW show, watch Stargirl. Is completely unrelated to the Arrowverse, was a DC Universe exclusive series (before that service stopped showing media, but they have an extremely high budget like Titans and Doom Patrol), and is actually the only family friendly show out of those 3 weirdly enough. Haven’t gotten to check out Superman & Lois, but I’ve heard good things about it so far
OK. I'll take the stargirl rec.

And honestly.... why did they have to create a brand new character to take over as Batwoman? Like... why not bring in Bette Kane or Stephanie Brown or even Carry Kelly, or the three chicks from the DCAU movie who shared the identity, or how about, you know, BARBARA GORDON! Like, you could make any of them african american if that's what you wanted, but nobody has any attachment to Ryan Wilder because she didn't exist before the show!

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
So, I'm playing Crash 4, and I'm jumping right into an enemy, and seeing my imminent death, I instinctively press the trigger and up-forward on the stick in an attempt to do an air dodge.

It did not work

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Weird as hell question. If you could only have ONE of the two Double Dragon brothers in your crossover fighting game, for completely arbitrary yet frustratingly unchangeable reasons, do you go with Billy or Jimmy?

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
No air dodge...only 'woah!'
When crash hits the woah
58AD0F1D-9116-45C8-A881-0D27F96F8973.jpeg

**** I think my humors devolved from hanging out with you plebs.

edit: apparently if you type smug wolf you just get my profile picture again with some differing stuff and other innocuous wolf photos so instead of staying on brand I fell back on ol reliable smug as everything Obama

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looks like the next round of amiibo are starting to break street date.

Looks like Banjo, not surprisingly, is looking good while Terry/Byleth are about what you'd expect.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Weird as hell question. If you could only have ONE of the two Double Dragon brothers in your crossover fighting game, for completely arbitrary yet frustratingly unchangeable reasons, do you go with Billy or Jimmy?
If you really can't make them costumes I guess Billly? I would just switch franchises and go to the River City franchise instead. Billy and Jimmy are too interconnected to each other. It's also ArcSys.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
When it comes to Classic MM, I think Smash did it the best in terms of translating his movements and animations.

As for X, I think he looked best when he was a 2D sprite, but if we're going 3D, I liked his Mv3 design the best... but he wasn't in that game?

As for Zero, Maverick Hunter X is my fav.
MMX was an alt costume in MVC3, like Ben Reily and that chick from Battle Circuit being Felicia's alt. Though both were in MVCI, no idea if the models were re-used, but retextured. I know Spider-Man's is different at least.

Classic Mega Man got easier as the games progressed imo.

I will say 3 was harder than 2 as the exceptiom to this.
For the most part, I guess. I found MM9 to be harder than most of them, and 11 is harder than 10.

But I would say 7 and 8 are mostly easier with one or two really hard parts. Wily Capsule 7 and Jump, JUMP, Slide, SLIDE! in MM8 in particular.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I go with the OG Bimmy.
DszaznPWsAMATQq.jpg

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Bimmy. Always Bimmy.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Seeing ads for the Snyder Cut on TV is so whack with the 4:3 aspect ratio.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!
Do you think that mean the Switch Port will come soon? (also make sure to see the other tweet, it's cute)
I’m not really betting on it, personally. We don’t have a trailer for the ports yet, and Omori’s PC version receiving patches doesn’t affect the progress of the ports. I’m fine waiting, though. It’ll be worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom