• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
you're gonna end up like the Earth Kingdom Queen for saying that
Did we learn nothing from Uncle Iroh. True wisdom comes from considering the knowledge of all nations and people.

Let's listen to what he has to say first and then we'll kill him.

Shroob

Sup?
What's a Pandoru? Genuinely curious as the art style looks familiar.
Fate series.

Character is Nero.

The humor is that Nero is Nero Augustus, the Roman emperor that was notoriously anti-Christian, so to have her be excited for Xmas, a Christian holiday, is ironic.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
you're acting like Batman content has to be limited when he's still one of DC's biggest money makers. Now that Harley alone is a massive star, Bat Family content is going to continue to expand (and don't forget there's still a hell of a lotta content that doesn't involve them coming out...a ****ing lot).

Haru ****ing upgraded in this game honestly

I want a Spam Warning myself just cause 2 other people randomly got blunt ones...so...could you hook an angel up Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Right. Because that's all DC is. A friggin guy in a bat suit and his extended family.

Like, imagine if Marvel had kept the rights to Spider-Man all along and for every one MCU movie starting someone else there were three spider-man related films and half of the Marvel characters never got their own films because of it.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Man **** today.

First I wait two hours for a class to start that never did

Then I get I get my hopes up that I might be able to get an Xbox Series X only to find out how what Xbox All Access makes SEAM like a great deal is actually a huge scam that forces you to pump money into Game Pass, which I don't want in the first place.

Then my sister sets the fire alarm off while cooking, something that I just find generally stressfull.

Then I have to clean up an entire floor of dog pee because the alarm scared the dog into wetting himself and he hadn't been out for hours, which everyone else in the house blames on me even though I wasn't the only one home during that time and am not the only one who is responsible for them going out.

Then my sister puts colliflower and zuccini into the dinner she was making, which I hate. And before you can say "i should just pick it out" 1: It's Risotto so the flavor is still all over the rest of it because that's how that works. 2: My sister's precious partner has a whole laundry list of foods that we can not even cook in the same pans as their food because "the taste makes them naucious" to the point where I haven't eaten Lamb in four months and mushrooms are not as common as I would like, and we have to make all sorts of cooking concessions for them but I have to just "pick around" or make myself something else which I also can't do because we're out of sandwich stuff and quick meals and I was really looking forward to this because my sister makes great risotto and she KNOWS I don't like them because I never have for my entire life!

And I can't do anything to actually calm myself down because I'm so flustered that I can't focus on anything. And I can't just tell anyone any of this because my parents will just yell at me and my sister's partner will get so upset because they don't realize how horrible they are and I'm always the bad guy to them and I'll have to live around them for weeks as they will refuse to even be in the same room as me WHICH HAS HAPPENED BEFORE!
I too am a picky eater. Olives are so disgusting to me that anything they touch leaves a putrid aftertaste.
Mushrooms aren't AS offensive, but I dislike bitter earthy tastes.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Expectations

Shattered
Can't wait for Shermie

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Very cursed image

.............well, cursed to me anyways :yoshi:
This picture hurts my soul.
I remember the first time I crushed on a girl younger than Pokémon. Then a girl whose first video game console was a DS.
Now my crush is just days older than 9/11.
I'm getting old.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
WELP time to gush about I’m The Grim Reaper and why y’all should read it

first sinner the MC kills: a serial killer who lured women into his apartment and murdered them and his punishment when sent to hell was to be eternally drowned by the weight of his sins

second sinner: .... liked escargot a little too much that she stole some off customers’ plates and her punishment is... to be chased by a ... snail. That’ll make her itch like crazy if it touches her. I WAS HOWLING LMAO

God the art is gorgeous too and the plot is just 👌

edit: “The worst sinner... you won’t find them in the ninth level. Not even that is punishment enough for them. I took care of them myself.”

👀

tell me more, comic...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Did we learn nothing from Uncle Iroh. True wisdom comes from considering the knowledge of all nations and people.

Let's listen to what he has to say first and then we'll kill him.
ok fine...for Uncle Iroh
Right. Because that's all DC is. A friggin guy in a bat suit and his extended family.

Like, imagine if Marvel had kept the rights to Spider-Man all along and for every one MCU movie starting someone else there were three spider-man related films and half of the Marvel characters never got their own films because of it.
the name DC was inspired by Detective Comics...a Batman thing...tbf. In addition, Batman has continued to be their biggest draw. They had the benefit to completely owning his rights, otherwise he'd have never gotten to have the overexposure he got to earn and keep.

and Marvel would've been dead if any of those character rights weren't sold, so...that example does not work. Those B Listers and below only got movies and a massive promotion thanks to their top heroes being unavailable....and even with that, Spider-Man is still overexposed in the best of ways. One of the few Marvel characters to constantly have a TV series and an army of games
Iroh won't let me be mad until you've been heard out
wait why was I quoted.
because you want Christmas now?

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
ok fine...for Uncle Iroh

the name DC was inspired by Detective Comics...a Batman thing...tbf. In addition, Batman has continued to be their biggest draw. They had the benefit to completely owning his rights, otherwise he'd have never gotten to have the overexposure he got to earn and keep.

and Marvel would've been dead if any of those character rights weren't sold, so...that example does not work. Those B Listers and below only got movies and a massive promotion thanks to their top heroes being unavailable....and even with that, Spider-Man is still overexposed in the best of ways. One of the few Marvel characters to constantly have a TV series and an army of games

Iroh won't let me be mad until you've been heard out

because you want Christmas now?
OK. Am I wrong, as someone who enjoys Batman enough but the character only ranks like.... #18 in my top 100 DC characters list, to wish other characters that I actually liked got more of a spotlight on them? Am I wrong to be a little upset that a character I don't really get gets so much promotion and love when characters that I fully understand and actually love do not? Am I ureasonable for being upset that it is pretty much a fact that any Batman side-character is more likely then a majority of DC's headliner characters from the comics who aren't connected to him to get a film or show made?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
OK. Am I wrong, as someone who enjoys Batman enough but the character only ranks like.... #18 in my top 100 DC characters list, to wish other characters that I actually liked got more of a spotlight on them? Am I wrong to be a little upset that a character I don't really get gets so much promotion and love when characters that I fully understand and actually love do not? Am I ureasonable for being upset that it is pretty much a fact that any Batman side-character is more likely then a majority of DC's headliner characters from the comics who aren't connected to him to get a film or show made?
To be fair, DC's most critically acclaimed films are Batman films. Batman '89, Batman II, the Dark Knight trilogy, and Joker.
And funnily enough, I remember it being a meme how much Aquaman sucked until they hired Jason Momoa, the sexiest man alive, to play him in film.
As a fellow DCU fan, I sympathize with the lack of quality DC films outside of the Batman series, but I would highly recommend the Direct-to-Video animated films and the TV series like Flash and Arrow to get quality DC media.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
...yup. I’m gonna be reading this webtoon all night and probably not sleep at all

#worth

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Expectations

Shattered
Can't wait for Shermie
If they are bringing back more characters who were left stranded in 2002 (if we don't count SNK Heroines) obviously I hope Shermie comes back but I also hope that May Lee comes back too.

2002 Unlimited Match had a really good roster

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Just tried playing the Balan Wonderworld demo on my base level Xbox One.... my GOD was this not optimized for this platform in any way! Like... the game actually froze when I just tried to walk around in a level. So i guess I wait till I get a Series X to even get the demo, in three years when I'm finally able to actually get one!

Maybe I should just take the game pass and do the Xbox All Access thing

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
True if you’re referring to the Shamaylan film
Idk, if the Netflix adaptation continues the way it is developing the live action film may not be the "Last" Airblunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom