• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Elevator Pitch: Walking With Dinosaurs, the MMO. You choose either a Triassic, Jurassic, or Cretaceous map and pick a dinosaur to play as and you just... live. As a dinosaur. You hunt, you feed, you survive, you reproduce, all until you are either polished off by a predator or die of old age. Always online with hundreds of other players from around the world also being dinosaurs.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just tested my Switch Bluetooth adapter. Despite a tiny audio delay it's really good.

Other features it has includes a built-in microphone, volume/mixer buttons, and can connect to a phone for music or voice support

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Barbara is being used for Titans, DCEU, HBO Max, and Cartoon Network so her schedule is filled up.

and the rest of the women mentioned can't be Batwoman since they're Batgirls. Plus Batwoman is one of their LGBTQ characters, so it does make sense to at least keep that theme for the cowl (and fake wig).

for all we know, Ryan Wilder could end up becoming a bit of a hit then become a major character in the comics (ala Harley and Coulsen)

only on HBO Max...legally

Snyder spent years only seeing parts of his product in black and white, which is why he wanted to do it. Now everyone else can watch it in noir (I'm staying in color tho...I like extra colors)

or at least make more shorts based on those Sandman characters. The one they did for Death was unexpectedly amazing
I just always get salty when a major comic book show creates new character rather then plumbing the depth of the source material for existing ones to adapt. I've never liked it. Even though I technically did it with my own Justice League show but it's different because the H-Dial always has a different wielder in every storyline.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So probably had the worst few hours so far this year now:

The caretaker of my disowned parent answers and tries to force me to play 20 questions about crap that happened years ago.
Been coughing since I woke up. Not Covid but apparently anxiety can cause it.
Chipped another tooth and in pain.
My PS4 hard drive has failed and this time seems permanent. So I might (and life help me) get a PS5 if it is not the hard drive.

For the last point I'll try and laugh it off more or less and think this is my unfinished Switch JRPG trio coming back to haunt me.

It's been a crap day my friends.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Elevator Pitch: Walking With Dinosaurs, the MMO. You choose either a Triassic, Jurassic, or Cretaceous map and pick a dinosaur to play as and you just... live. As a dinosaur. You hunt, you feed, you survive, you reproduce, all until you are either polished off by a predator or die of old age. Always online with hundreds of other players from around the world also being dinosaurs.
I’m like 90% sure there’s already a game on roblox that is basically this lol

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

The caretaker of my disowned parent answers and tries to force me to play 20 questions about crap that happened years ago.
My PS4 hard drive has failed and this time seems permanent. So I might (and life help me) get a PS5 if it is not the hard drive.

For the last point I'll try and laugh it off more or less and think this is my unfinished Switch JRPG trio coming back to haunt me.

Sorry to hear that, man.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
You know, especially since later they were drawing original sprites for the characters, I will never understand why double dragon and river city characters never made it into cross tag battle

D

Deleted member

Just so you know, I’ve been told the claims around said figure were proven false.
Don't you just love cancel culture? Quick with allegations and ready to destroy someone's life, yet when said allegations are shown to be false, it quickly gets brushed under the rug.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know, especially since later they were drawing original sprites for the characters, I will never understand why double dragon and river city characters never made it into cross tag battle
Speaking of Cross Tag Battle, it's a shame they just announced a new Melty Blood. It would be amazing to get Sion and/or Arcueid in that game.

EDIT: Just saw that Sion doesn't appear in the new Melty Blood, rip.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

I ****ing hate scalpers.

Checked out of curiosity and every place I knew big and small and nope. Out of stock.

Greediest pricks in existence who ruin it for everyone. You want easy money then break your own leg and get a claim or disability allowance. Even easier for less? Then don't get a job and make up excuse for someone to phone every two weeks. Plus if you have money to buy 10 PS5s then you don't need the money.

Only bet it seems is to rely on a close acquaintance who knows a lot of people working in retail and see what they know.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Tomorrow Kaze and the Wild Masks is releasing and I'm seeing tons of praise from reviews.

Excited to try this game out.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So Gonzalo was ZeRo? Did he do this because of what happened with the sexual abuse or whatever happened?
This (and I suppose the break up) had to have been a massive breaking point. Unfortunately, I assume there were even worse things that added on to continue his want to end it all.
More than likely, yeah.

What he did was terrible, but suicide is never the answer
and it never will be the solution, no matter the sutiation
Was gonna make a joke about FNF, but...

Yeaaah, think it's not the time for that.

Like folks said, what Zero did was very bad, but suicide ain't it.

Hope he can recover.
regardless of his past actions, he doesn't deserve to die
I just always get salty when a major comic book show creates new character rather then plumbing the depth of the source material for existing ones to adapt. I've never liked it. Even though I technically did it with my own Justice League show but it's different because the H-Dial always has a different wielder in every storyline.
I'll assume you didn't like it when Miles first debuted then? Since he took the place of Ultinate Peter Parker. There's also Kamala Khan who took Carol's role of Ms. Marvel after she upgraded to Captain Marvel status

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny

I'm sorry to hear you had a very bad day. I can only offer you my condolences. I hope things get better for you.

I can't condone ZeRo's actions that got him in serious trouble with the Smash community but I don't want to see the man hurt himself over it. Hope he makes a swift recovery.
I hope he is ok and gets the help he desperately needs.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh boy, this really isn't your day, is it? I know how I'd feel if those bees were around me. I hate bees. Sorry to hear that, Pumpkaboo.
I like bees, I think they are cool. Its just this one bee is an ass
tumblr_nmrnigFub11rltalxo8_r3_250.gif

Idk why those two were fighting tho, but i hope they become friends again

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Don't you just love cancel culture? Quick with allegations and ready to destroy someone's life, yet when said allegations are shown to be false, it quickly gets brushed under the rug.
Bandwagons, am I right?

#JusticeforArmFallOffBoy

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
When BF from Friday Night Funkin' said:

"Bo Beep Be Be Beep"

I think I just founded the most relatable character in any video games, ever.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Gonna see what all the fuss is about for that new Justice League movie this weekend, I suppose. Just signed up for HBO Max.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
This (and I suppose the break up) had to have been a massive breaking point. Unfortunately, I assume there were even worse things that added on to continue his want to end it all.

and it never will be the solution, no matter the sutiation

regardless of his past actions, he doesn't deserve to die

I'll assume you didn't like it when Miles first debuted then? Since he took the place of Ultinate Peter Parker. There's also Kamala Khan who took Carol's role of Ms. Marvel after she upgraded to Captain Marvel status
That’s different. That’s in the comics. If Miles has been created for a show, an adaptation of the source material, instead of within the source material, the then I’d have a problem with him too. It’s not that a new character took over the roll, it’s that the show basically killed off the legacy character we all wanted to see adapted and replaced her with an OC like a friggin fanfic.

Dutch Raikuna

Dr Stone is getting Season 3. Looks like One Piece. Some good damn news on that front. Brilliant finale and going onto some of the best parts of the story.

So at least 1 of the 4 seasonals I'm into is getting a new season.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That’s different. That’s in the comics. If Miles has been created for a show, an adaptation of the source material, instead of within the source material, the then I’d have a problem with him too. It’s not that a new character took over the roll, it’s that the show basically killed off the legacy character we all wanted to see adapted and replaced her with an OC like a friggin fanfic.
but she isn't dead...just recasted

also there's Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond who is still a Batman) and X-23/Laura Kinney (who is a Wolverine). Both legacy characters that came from a TV show and not the comics. Technically both are OC characters who became popular enough to become main comic characters. We're also getting X from Teen Titans finally joining the comics after all these years.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I... might transfer to a different dept in my work. I need time to think on it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dr Stone is getting Season 3. Looks like One Piece. Some good damn news on that front. Brilliant finale and going onto some of the best parts of the story.

So at least 1 of the 4 seasonals I'm into is getting a new season.
I love how the series is slowly going through the ages, just faster than normal because, yknow, you have a super genius who has memorized the entire history of the world on your side. :4pacman:

Going by history, I'd wager they'll start building colonies soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sounds like the game Saurian, haven't played it myself, but it looks interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom