• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
The image they used for the Pikmin mobile game announcement is interesting; some of the Pikmin have flowers that aren’t white, despite the Pikmin being red, blue, or yellow, and the flowers come in those colors as well (but also appear on Pikmin who aren’t of the same color). This isn’t in the games.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Guys I could use your opinion; should I get the Terry or Byleth amiibo? Byleth I play and like more, but the FE amiibos always end up having weird faces and hair. I still like Terry and his amiibo seems to look pretty good since he's a little more cartoony.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
If they remade Final Fantasy VI the same way they’re doing Final Fantasy VII, do you think it would need to be split into multiple parts the way 7 is, or could they get away with one installment?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The image they used for the Pikmin mobile game announcement is interesting; some of the Pikmin have flowers that aren’t white, despite the Pikmin being red, blue, or yellow, and the flowers come in those colors as well (but also appear on Pikmin who aren’t of the same color).
I enjoyed Super Mario Run relatively well. Fun little romp for $10. Mario Kart Tour is good on paper, but it's plagued with Gotcha Game mechanics (I would've paid 15 or 20 bucks for the game if the Microtransactions ****ed off.) It's at least on par with Mario Kart 7 in terms of content.
Pokémon Go! didn't appeal to me. I prefer competitive multiplayer, and Pokémon Go! is competitively shallow.

Honestly, I'd prefer if Nintendo treated mobile games with the same TLC as GameBoy and DS games in the past. Just make games and sell them. **** the Freemium scam. And yes, I genuinely believe Freemium games to be a scam. No one in the right state of mind pays $200 on microtransactions, and it's especially predatory to kids.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Guys I could use your opinion; should I get the Terry or Byleth amiibo? Byleth I play and like more, but the FE amiibos always end up having weird faces and hair. I still like Terry and his amiibo seems to look pretty good since he's a little more cartoony.
Considering amiibos fly off the shelves, I’d just pick up whichever one you can get your hands on first.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
Screw it, Omori if it had a voice cast because I'm bored

Omori - Justin Felbringer (Sprig in Amphibia)
Sunny - Daniel Buckley (Niall in Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Aubrey - Ericka Lindbeck (Futaba in Persona 5, Ashley in WarioWare Gold, Blaze in Sonic The Hedgehog)
Kel - Max Mittleman (Ryuji in Persona 5, Filbo in Bugsnax, Saitama in One Punch Man)
Kel (Young) - Justin Felbringer (Sprig in Amphibia)
Hero - Bryce Papenbrook (Makoto in Danganronpa, Kirito in Sword Art Online, Red in Pokemon Origins)
Mari/Something - Christina Vee - (Shantae in Shantae, Darkness in Konosuba, Thoma in The Promised Neverland)
Basil - Haley Joel Osment (Sora in Kingdom Hearts)
Basil (Young) - Jules De Jongh (Brighid in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Faith Connors in Mirror's Edge)
Captain Spaceboy - Yuri Lowenthal (Marth in Fire Emblem, Sasuke in Naruto, Spider-Man in numerous Marvel media)
Sweetheart - Cassandra Lee Morris (Morgana in Persona 5, Sothis in Fire Emblem, Beffica in Bugsnax)
Mr. Jawsum - Kaiji Tang (Detective Pikachu in Detective Pikachu, Yasuhiro in Danganronpa)
Pluto - Keith Silverstein (Vector in Sonic The Hedgehog, Shido in Persona 5, Simon Belmont in Smash Bros.)
Molly - Ellen McLain (GLaDOS in Portal, Overwatch Voice in Half-Life, Broodmother in DOTA 2)
Medua - Nika Futterman (Pandora in Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sticks in Sonic The Hedgehog)
Marina - Becca Stewart (Pandoria in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Gwenpool in LEGO Marvel Superheros 2)
Humphrey - Danny Mann (Thanatos in Kid Icarus: Uprising)
Captain Spaceboy
Excuse you, it's Captain Ex-Husband. :smirk:

Joke aside, just wake up and while I know most of the characters on this list, I'm admitelly not a VA expert lol.

Still, I can imagine some of those voices fitting the characters quite well.

On another hand...
Speaking of OMORI

I know who the dev simps for

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
Jokes on you, I joined her final stream & stayed up til the end! Despite me swearing to avoid spoilers as much as possible!

That's how much I like Mari content, she's the coolest! And I won't take anything else.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
To give credit where credit is due, a lot of the more anime styled amiibos have gotten a lot better over time. It's honestly kind of embarrassing to compare the older ones to the new ones/reprints for the most part; though my K. Rool has an excessive amount of glue on him. I'd keep an eye on the Amiibo Reddit site as people usually post early pictures a day or two in advance.

It'll be interesting to see as Banjo I can see being the most popular for obvious reasons, but he also seems like the easiest to produce of the three. Byleth I think edges out Terry in terms of popularity, but Terry is also a 3rd party character, and both seem complex with their more anime styled designs.

I''l be going for all three myself with Terry > Banjo > Byleth being my priority if it comes down to it. I plan on waking up early on Friday before work to go hunting. I don't know if the pandemic has affected amiibo hunting as much as other hobbies, but with the **** storm that has become Pokemon cards I'm not taking any chances.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes because the arkham formula would work so well for Superman
it more than likely would tho. Unfortunately, we won’t know if the Arkham style of gameplay is something Rocksteady can work with outside the Batman Family until Suicide Squad finishes filling off the JL in their game next year.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I would, but backlog and wallet gave me stern, disapproving looks and said no.

I already got a $50 8Bitdo controller coming and 5+ games I'm playing atm with Miitopia just around the corner: MH will have to wait, unfortunately.
I feel this. Monster Hunter is fun and all, but it's not my favorite. It's worth a sale later.

D

Deleted member

ya ever get into a drawing mood, but can't actually think of anything to draw?

D

Deleted member

I wonder if there's a Smash story based on the World of Light where:ultkirby:survived and comes across other survivors who survived Galeem's/Dharkon's attack. Those being the non-spirit DLC fighters:ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultbylethf::ultsteve::ultsephiroth:(Either Sephiroth just does his own thing or he teams up with them being against the bigger bad as with the case of villains teaming up with the heroes in other media) as they all join him to save everyone their control and stop both Galeem and Dharkon.
Honestly.... one of my ambitious projects is to animate an anime opening for WOL, and maybe write a small story to go along with it.

too bad I have no idea how I would do that :4pacman:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Late night thoughts before I go to bed. It always blows my mind that there was a species of sauropod that was only 6 meters long. I'm so used to sauropods being mind-bogglingly large that the idea that there was one that wasn't is somehow even more mind-boggling.

I could easily imagine someone riding one of these things like a horse if they were alive today.

And then on the other side of the spectrum you had Argentinosaurus.

I have a hard time imaging a creature like this in real life at all. I guess it goes to show how diverse the dinosaurs really were that even two with such similar body plans could somehow still be so different.

...Yeah, switching my avatar to a giraffe may have gotten me thinking about long-necked megafauna.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Studio Trigger got the rights to Gurren Lagann from Gainax.
We may not necessarily get a Season 2 for PSG though.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shrimp in Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Clancy Brown being the best Lex Luthor
something with Captain Marvel...what a day

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
If they remade Final Fantasy VI the same way they’re doing Final Fantasy VII, do you think it would need to be split into multiple parts the way 7 is, or could they get away with one installment?
IV is also split into multiple parts. Pretty sure it'd need to be one installment.

D

Deleted member

I finished my daily doodle for the day
Screenshot 2021-03-23 9.43.51 AM.png
I was originally just gonna doodle a full body sketch, but then I had the idea to draw some royal-like clothes, and it kinda just flowed together. Although exporting this was a pain in the ass because Autodesk for some reason decided it didn't want to save all my work, so half of the image was just gone :073:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I've decided I'm gonna get every single achievement in Pinball FX3. How hard is it? Well its Pinball so skill and a bit of luck are involved. The achievements vary between tables, but a majority of them are "reach or complete the Wizard Mode of this table" (I did a few of them, but there's more to go).

Others are out of your way objectives (for instance Deadpool requires starting a specific mode while Multiball is in progress) or feats outside Wizard Mode (The Avengers requires saving Captain America's ball from a outlane without Ball Save or Kickback, while Doom requires firing the BFG, which acquiring means shooting a single shot 27 times in one game).

Safe Cracker might be the one that takes the longest as it requires collecting all Magic Tokens. Thankfully this is done across multiple sessions.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
On one hand, I doubt Microsoft is buying discord just to shut it down or fill it with ads or anything like that.

On the other hand, Discord is kinda already in a good spot and I would much rather not have a huge megacorporation come down and potentially ruin all that.
Yeah but you forget the most corrupt people in the world (except politicians) exist on that front aka investors.

Old man needs a new yacht and some bribe money so gotta sell the company.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Oh definitely British shows were a lot better back in those days. And some I really need to watch again.
British TV in the 90's use to have a lot of awesome gameshows which include Roy Walker's version of Catchphrase, Bruce Forsythe's Generation Game and the Gladiators. In addition, the children's tv shows were also at its best back then and what we got now does not match with what I watched back then.

Do feel a lot more samey. Nowadays it just feels like the same as the American shows but 10% less bombast and different accents and for that, I blame the X Factor and those shows.
Too true. Those kind of shows had been on the UK TV screens for many years and I believe it was Pop Idol which started all of the reality tv show trends which for me it gets really tiresome after a few series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom