• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
He’s an idiot sure, but he’s FAR from being an asshole. I’m referring to the cases when they’re put together like (modern) Peter Griffin or Lao Beifong
To be fair Lao was basically an antagonist of his show. I don't think you're supposed to like him.

Not like Peter Griffin who is one of the main characters of his.
It's a cartoon! They can do whatever the hell they like! If you do that in real life you go to jail!
They can do whatever they want, but that doesn't mean they aren't exempt from criticism.

Popular media not only reflects our culture, but it can have an effect on our values as well. I'm not going to make more extreme claims like blaming violence on video games or anything, but if we accepts that media has the power to teach people good lessons then we have to acknowledge that it has the power to teach them bad ones as well.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The terrible idiot dad and to a lesser extent The Sony Sad Dad ™ are both tired. (At least sad dads when done well have good and interesting characters arcs and stories.)

Embrace supportive, kind and other good dads.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are there any good guides on Brawl/PM mod creation?
I don't know about any guides, but I did try to offer help a week or so ago, which got ignored. So I thought you had moved on.

It's a cartoon! They can do whatever the hell they like! If you do that in real life you go to jail!
What's your point here? We're all aware it's fictional, does that mean people aren't allowed to criticize it?

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
We’re finishing up with the original seven, after which things will start to get way more interesting! Next up is Aquaman.
B9450E01-ACE4-4D03-BA4B-8A84920C959B.jpeg

primarily based off of Jason Mamoa’s take on the character. Totally because I wanted to be more diverse and not because Jason Mamoa’s Aquaman is my husbando or anything.What do you mean I drew him so it looks like he has a huge ****?

I also gave him that water hand he was rocking for a while in the comics. Feels really useful and works with my characterization of him as a bodacious swashbuckling well-travleled adventurer.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I don't know about any guides, but I did try to offer help a week or so ago, which got ignored. So I thought you had moved on.

What's your point here? We're all aware it's fictional, does that mean people aren't allowed to criticize it?
Criticize it all you want! I'm mega-aware that the trope in question has gone down in recent years.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
Screw it, Omori if it had a voice cast because I'm bored

Omori - Justin Felbringer (Sprig in Amphibia)
Sunny - Daniel Buckley (Niall in Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Aubrey - Ericka Lindbeck (Futaba in Persona 5, Ashley in WarioWare Gold, Blaze in Sonic The Hedgehog)
Kel - Max Mittleman (Ryuji in Persona 5, Filbo in Bugsnax, Saitama in One Punch Man)
Kel (Young) - Justin Felbringer (Sprig in Amphibia)
Hero - Bryce Papenbrook (Makoto in Danganronpa, Kirito in Sword Art Online, Red in Pokemon Origins)
Mari/Something - Christina Vee - (Shantae in Shantae, Darkness in Konosuba, Thoma in The Promised Neverland)
Basil - Haley Joel Osment (Sora in Kingdom Hearts)
Basil (Young) - Jules De Jongh (Brighid in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Faith Connors in Mirror's Edge)
Captain Spaceboy - Yuri Lowenthal (Marth in Fire Emblem, Sasuke in Naruto, Spider-Man in numerous Marvel media)
Sweetheart - Cassandra Lee Morris (Morgana in Persona 5, Sothis in Fire Emblem, Beffica in Bugsnax)
Mr. Jawsum - Kaiji Tang (Detective Pikachu in Detective Pikachu, Yasuhiro in Danganronpa)
Pluto - Keith Silverstein (Vector in Sonic The Hedgehog, Shido in Persona 5, Simon Belmont in Smash Bros.)
Molly - Ellen McLain (GLaDOS in Portal, Overwatch Voice in Half-Life, Broodmother in DOTA 2)
Medua - Nika Futterman (Pandora in Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sticks in Sonic The Hedgehog)
Marina - Becca Stewart (Pandoria in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Gwenpool in LEGO Marvel Superheros 2)
Humphrey - Danny Mann (Thanatos in Kid Icarus: Uprising)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Question for someone who actually knows DC: how is Cyborg both a member of the Teen Titans and the Justice League? was there a retcon?
I believe he left the Teen Titans before joining the Justice League.
Then again I’m not the most knowledgeable when it comes to DC Comics.

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm sorry about that. I have really sporadic interests, my interest in brawl modding will probably go away again in the next week or two.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
sees a bunch of spring breakers being total crazy *****es causing violence, not wearing masks, and most horrifyingly (trigger warning) sexually assaulting and killing a woman
... haha I hate my state 🙃

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Having a bad day like me anyone? Here's the main theme to Laid Back Camp:

Now take a breather for two minutes while this relaxes you.

I'm gonna go make some good food. Ramen and sliced chicken of course.
Never stopped to listen to this track on its own before but I must say that it's actually quite nice and calm inducing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In Minecraft I'm making a cave spider mob system and I couldn't figure out how to get them up properly. They got stuck.

So, for influence I went all the way back to 2011 and made the mobivator from "Etho". It works

Maybe there is better systems by now but it's fine and I'm old school.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
The British have such passion when they speak! Americans used to, but now... yeah... you get the point. There's a difference between British and American writing.
Hahahahahaha!

Clearly this guy has not met someone from the UK IRL.

England caused America, but nowadays, England is better than America socially.
Jury's out on that one kid. I'd pay attention to what's going on with that side of the Atlantic where I'm based.

If it is somewhere back in the 90's, British shows were far more better than what we got today in my opinion.
Oh definitely British shows were a lot better back in those days. And some I really need to watch again.

Do feel a lot more samey. Nowadays it just feels like the same as the American shows but 10% less bombast and different accents and for that, I blame the X Factor and those shows.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Question for someone who actually knows DC: how is Cyborg both a member of the Teen Titans and the Justice League? was there a retcon?
Cyborg started out as a member of the Teen Titans. There was a universe-wide reboot in 2011, after the Flash travelled through time (called the New 52), and as a result of that, Cyborg became a founding member of the Justice League in that rebooted universe.

Though it would be entirely possible for him to be on multiple teams at the same time - that can happen, like with Wolverine from Marvel comics (to the point where they've mocked the idea).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’mma just gonna leave this here with no context and peace for a bit. Cya

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Hahahahahaha!

Clearly this guy has not met someone from the UK IRL.

Jury's out on that one kid. I'd pay attention to what's going on with that side of the Atlantic where I'm based.

Oh definitely British shows were a lot better back in those days. And some I really need to watch again.

Do feel a lot more samey. Nowadays it just feels like the same as the American shows but 10% less bombast and different accents and for that, I blame the X Factor and those shows.
To answer number one: You're right on that one.
Number two: There's a mass shooting almost every day in America. More people serving life sentences there too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Number two: There's a mass shooting almost every day in America. More people serving life sentences there too.
They banned guns in the UK and now they have stabbings every day. And you can get arrested for having a butter knife.

Not only that, they have cameras EVERYWHERE. Their security costs them their freedom of privacy.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
They banned guns in the UK and now they have stabbings every day. And you can get arrested for having a butter knife.

Not only that, they have cameras EVERYWHERE. Their security costs them their freedom of privacy.
Huh, didn't actually know that. I guess everything in Britain is less-well documented than 'Murica.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Which country is "better" or "worse" isn't a competition guys...
They banned guns in the UK and now they have stabbings every day.
So people are using much less lethal weapons? Huh, sounds like gun control worked.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
Britain seems a bit better. I'm not gonna say it's perfect, but they have free healthcare over there so that's a big thing in their favor.

the grass is always greener on the other side, though.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My youngest cousin asked me like an hour ago while playing Smash "Is that Ryu from Fortnite?" And i just blankly stared at him because this question actually put a halt to my current train of thought at the time

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Rise of English Nationalism, increase of crimes, two of the four countries pushing for independence/reunification cause of how London ****ed half the country over to leave the EU, ongoing crisis about vaccines so that Boris can act like a big man to the EU.

Oh and where I am specifically, paramilitaries are withdrawing support for a 25 year old peace agreement for now I think.

The UK has just as much problems than the US.

Again jury is out on that one. You are right about the guns though but the cameras are only in the city centre.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Which country is "better" or "worse" isn't a competition guys...
So people are using much less lethal weapons? Huh, sounds like gun control worked.
I'd rather be shot than stabbed to death. Horribly painful and slow. IMO

and the killings didn't stop.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Rise of English Nationalism, increase of crimes, two of the four countries pushing for independence/reunification cause of how London ****ed half the country over to leave the EU, ongoing crisis about vaccines so that Boris can act like a big man to the EU.

Oh and where I am specifically, paramilitaries are withdrawing support for a 25 year old peace agreement. Probably all bluster but who knows.

The UK has just as much problems about the US.

Again jury is out on that one. You are right about the guns though but the cameras are only in the city centre.
Only difference is that America's are more severe. The crime rate is higher, people are waaaaaaay more stupid the further south you go, and American patrotism is more radical than British patriotism.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Only difference is that America's are more severe. The crime rate is higher, people are waaaaaaay more stupid the further south you go, and American patrotism is more radical than British patriotism.
You think the US is the only country with a "South"? The UK is not JUST London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom