• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd rather be shot than stabbed to death. Horribly painful and slow. IMO

and the killings didn't stop.
1) You'd have a much better chance at defending yourself against a knife.
2) It's much harder to kill en mass with a knife then it is with a semi-automatic weapon (this is the big one). How many kids in a schoolyard do you think you'd be able to kill before the cops show up with a knife compared to with a gun?
3) Death by gun shot isn't exactly quick and painless either.

Look...individual liberties are important. But there are places where lines should be drawn. We will probably not be able to get rid of killings entirely but if there's an effort to take to slow them down drastically why should we keep stubbornly refusing to implement them?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1) You'd have a much better chance at defending yourself against a knife.
2) It's much harder to kill en mass with a knife then it is with a semi-automatic weapon (this is the big one). How many kids in a schoolyard do you think you'd be able to kill before the cops show up with a knife compared to with a gun?
3) Death by gun shot isn't exactly quick and painless either.

Look...individual liberties are important. But there are places where lines should be drawn. We will probably not be able to get rid of killings entirely but if there's an effort to take to slow them down drastically why should we keep stubbornly refusing to implement them?
I'd rather have a gun to defend myself than try to defend myself against a 300 lb man with a knife. Gun is the equalizer, if you go back to bladed weapons it's survival of the strongest.

Besides, do you want to live in a world where the US cops are the only people in the country with guns?

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I'd rather have a gun to defend myself than try to defend myself against a 300 lb man with a knife. Gun is the equalizer, if you go back to bladed weapons it's survival of the strongest.

Besides, do you want to live in a world where the US cops are the only people in the country with guns?
US cops have tanks and armored cars.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Only difference is that America's are more severe. The crime rate is higher, people are waaaaaaay more stupid the further south you go, and American patrotism is more radical than British patriotism.
Last time I checked in America they didn't have a 30-50 year terrorist war on their home soil. And where people burned down shops and stuff cause "my Fleg isn't on that HALL!" about 10 years ago. The UK has 4 countries. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland (my home). All look similar but very different.

Anyways move it all to serious discussion. I'm done. It's like if I saw the US as just Florida.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Some people just wanna fight with Claymores or Katanas instead of guns, i respect that.

(This is a joke please dont take it seriously)

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Shroob

Sup?
Apparently, it only looks like that when you take it out of it's enviroment.

So basically, the meme you see is it getting forcefully decompressed into... that.
But ya, deep underwater creatures are ****ing terrifying.

...Maybe Lovecraft was onto something being down there after all....

D

Deleted member

Trying to get an android emulator working on my laptop sucks when you only have 4gb of RAM to work with.

It’s so horrendously slow but I just gotta deal with it until I can get the newer, better desktop working

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I got randomly curious so I checked if kangaroos can swim. I've been rewarded:

Man, I really hope some of y'all don't become history nor geography teachers.
Thank god history and geography was my biggest strengths in school.

On this note I will never forgive the person who thought Binary was Japan's main language. No I'm not kidding.

She had the intelligence of a half-brained rat.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Another anedote from that "Ryu from fortnite" conversation with my young cousin.

Hewas playing Ryu and was kinda freaking out all "He does that in fortnite!!" in an excitable childlike way. And in the back of my mind all i thought was "Of course he does. It's ****ing Ryu."

I just couldnt help but react like this because it sounds like a ****post, but it wasgenuine reactions.

D

Deleted member

Thank god history and geography was my biggest strengths in school.
History has always been one of my favorite classes ngl. It’s interesting learning the mistakes of the past, and why they happened in the first place.

Although the way they teach it over here in the states(especially regarding topics like the Civil War and the colonization of America) tends to be less than stellar as teachers like to withhold information.

One of the primary examples is how, when learning about Christopher Colombus, we kinda just brush over the fact that Colombus went on a looting spree and murdered hundreds of tribes, no biggie. Same applies to how we treated the Native Americans a couple decades later: very little mention is given of the schoolhouses designed to strip them of their culture, just that they were hauled off into more modern camps. There’s tons more examples I could name, but I’m kinda veering a bit away from the post I was making so Imma just gonna stop there.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
M MooMew64 Wademan94 Wademan94 Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! and other users I might have forgotten...sorry...

selenarose11.png

Well, my gift for my young relative is done and they LOVED IT. Hopefully they're going to get it printed on a shirt soon. The singer they wanted to see Amy dressed up ass was Selena, the "Queen of Tejano Music", and the outfit Amy has is one of her most iconic ones that was a purple/redish jumpsuit.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
M MooMew64 Wademan94 Wademan94 Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! and other users I might have forgotten...sorry...

View attachment 308273
Well, my gift for my young relative is done and the LOVED IT. Hopefully they're going to get it printed on a shirt soon. The singer they wanted to see Amy dressed up ass was Selena, the "Queen of Tejano Music", and the outfit Amy has is one of her most iconic ones that was a purple/redish jumpsuit.
1827A9C0-89A1-4A68-9766-9E95442C3621.jpeg

YO! This is incredible Andrea! I love how this turned out! You did a bang up job with this design!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

View attachment 308273
Well, my gift for my young relative is done and they LOVED IT. Hopefully they're going to get it printed on a shirt soon. The singer they wanted to see Amy dressed up ass was Selena, the "Queen of Tejano Music", and the outfit Amy has is one of her most iconic ones that was a purple/redish jumpsuit.
WOO This looks great Andrea! Keep it up!

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
A DC Hot Take that'll enrage many animation lovers

Harley Quinn > Young Justice

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

View attachment 308273
AMAZING! It came out super good! Keep it up! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom