• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Going back to corn for people's information...

Corn as we know it is highly genetically modified (Many other plant foods are, Bananas and Watermelons are other such examples)

But Corn originally looked very different from what it does today...

Then vs. Now...

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
rushes to Google to prove someone on the internet wrong

Oh...so by definition it technically is...aight then....

Corn is more closely related to grains and grass, as opposed to cruciferous and carrots and such. That's why.
It's been a while since I've studied the evolution of plants, but I think that corn is only three or so genes different from grass.
Specifically that fat beady grass.

But for those wondering, a vegetable is any edible plant. All (edible) fruits are vegetables.
A fruit is the part of a plant that bears seeds.
So an apple is a fruit AND a vegetable. So is a cucumber or a tomato.
But a carrot is just a vegetable, as it's a root and not a fruit.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. Tomorrow I’m gonna start on a roster selection project for a what if scenario that will never ever happen but would be fun to think about.

What if Smash Ultimate’s roster doubled in size.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I go on Youtube to listen to a 30 second song.

I get an ad... for 40 seconds.

It was skippable but still... if they're gonna show an ad it shouldn't be longer than the video I want to listen too.
This is why I have an adblocker extention on my google chrome.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

It was skippable but still... if they're gonna show an ad it shouldn't be longer than the video I want to listen too.
Oh, a fellow revolutionary?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
20210320_122236.jpg

there's a current MCU Timeline after Endgame so far. I wonder where the rest of the modern day movies and series will take place (so no Black Widow and Eternals)

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Then you 10 second ads that are skippable....but if you don't skip it you get a second ad.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Alright. Tomorrow I’m gonna start on a roster selection project for a what if scenario that will never ever happen but would be fun to think about.

I'd be completely on board. The more, the merrier.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

If it doubled in size, then we'd have twice as many characters....

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I don't want anybody to an extreme extent like many others, therefore if my wants don't make the cut...
My most wanted has usually gotten in. Lol.
Mario main since 64.
Got Mario in 64 (even though there was no hype cycles, as Smash was a new thing).
In Melee, I got Bowser.
In Brawl, I got Sonic.
In 3DS/Wii U, I got Pac-Man, Mega Man, Miis, AND Bowser Jr. (hit the motherload there).
In Ultimate, I got Banjo.
Whenever I get my most wanted cereal box mascot, I move to the next.
My most wanted now is Crash, but my other favorites are Spyro, Rayman, Shovel Knight, Earthworm Jim, Frogger, Q*Bert, and side characters to existing franchises like Toad, Waluigi, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Mega Man X, Bass, etc.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Going back to corn for people's information...

Corn as we know it is highly genetically modified (Many other plant foods are, Bananas and Watermelons are other such examples)

But Corn originally looked very different from what it does today...

Then vs. Now...
I remember once reading that the reason Banana flavoring in stuff like Jogurt doesnt really taste like banana is because it's replicating the flavor of pre genetically modified Banana's.

I dont know if thats true or not i just wanted to share it.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I remember once reading that the reason Banana flavoring in stuff like Jogurt doesnt really taste like banana is because it's replicating the flavor of pre genetically modified Banana's.

I dont know if thats true or not i just wanted to share it.
Yes. All bananas you eat are technically clones. The pre-existing bananas that all super sweet banana flavoured things are designed after, are a previous cloned Banana that is now extinct. The problem with clones is that being genetically identical means if one individual is vulnerable to some disease, they all are.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
hmm, Raya and the last Dragon had a humorous baby character. I wonder what her name was-
View attachment 308074

View attachment 308075
Disney’s gonna ****in kill me
“Hi we’ve come to issue a C&D on your existence.”

That’s gonna be quite the undertaking, hope you’re able to figure out at least some sort of basic idea for their moveset

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Underevent thing was cool; some cool new TS!Underswap stuff, other cool games...and an awesome Undertale Minecraft map with full character dialogue and gameplay stuff!

Unfortunately that Dusttrust game or something was cancelled, apparently? I’m not sure, just I saw one of the blue dudes say that in the live chat (I think someone who worked on the UnderEvent or something), saying it was too late to remove it from the event. Personally I don’t like the Dusttale AUs, but it did look cool and that sucks for those who were excited for it :/

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Salem said something regarding his invokvement in the Nairo situation.

It's absolute garbage, but Samsora is back in the spotlight for the umpteenth time.

Regardless, get him outta here.

Edit: Matty G is also kinda slimy.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Gonna try playing a bit of Pinball FX3 in the morning. Which table do I wish to go for though... for context I own the complete set of tables so it's a matter of preference.

99 tables to choose from... each with their own flavor and theme.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Alpharad Deluxe is probably one of the most low effort channels on youtube, but in a good way. He and Jo just play a random game for a few hours while making commentary that more closely resembles a podcast, and then cuts the megavideo into chunks. There have been multiple uploads a day recently

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Gonna try playing a bit of Pinball FX3 in the morning. Which table do I wish to go for though... for context I own the complete set of tables so it's a matter of preference.

99 tables to choose from... each with their own flavor and theme.
Pick a Williams table. Any one. (why did they have to take the license from the Pinball Arcade)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Pick a Williams table. Any one. (why did they have to take the license from the Pinball Arcade)
Because licensing and contracts.
I do have a few of the Williams tables on Pinball Arcade along with some Gottlieb and Stern ones. If I can’t pick a table on FX3 I’ll play a PBA table. Maybe an older Electro Mechanical table. They may not have thrills of modern table but they require much more skill to be played well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom