• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
No, the characters have to originate from a video game.

Goku started as a fast food mascot.

View attachment 307840
Oh. Then how could we ever forget this legendary video game icon?
MV5BNjM0NDQxMzktMDVjOC00M2JjLTg0MjgtNmM4NzE5ZGJhNDU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDI5Njk2Mzc@._V1_.jpg
He got a new game on Switch.

He has either extremely good or extremely terrible matchups against female characters depending on how sassy they are.
Daisy won't take his ****, but Zelda will cower in fear.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Before Steve ruined these chances, I was really hoping for a Battletoad to be part of this pass. They had a new game coming out around the appropriate time and their old games were pretty iconic to the NES. Hopefully some day.

D

Deleted member

Actually on the topic of anime and just mentioning it again but outside of Re:Zero, the isekai genre has really failed to impress me recently. Like man, there is such a simple premise out there that I'm surprised no-one has done yet.

Main character gets isekaied, goes off on a adventure but still homesick, is given a chance to briefly return home with his companions only for World War 3 to have occurred while he was away.

And then he goes on a journey across the landscape to find such and such like his family before the clock runs out. It's an idea I'm so surprised has not been done..........I think.
the first series of Digimon kinda did this(an apocalypse hadn't happened but something more sinister had) but it didn't last long and honestly was the least memorial part of the series. For me anyway.

Haruuuu

Smash Rookie
Actually on the topic of anime and just mentioning it again but outside of Re:Zero, the isekai genre has really failed to impress me recently. Like man, there is such a simple premise out there that I'm surprised no-one has done yet.

Main character gets isekaied, goes off on a adventure but still homesick, is given a chance to briefly return home with his companions only for World War 3 to have occurred while he was away.

And then he goes on a journey across the landscape to find such and such like his family before the clock runs out. It's an idea I'm so surprised has not been done..........I think.
I've heard from a friend that Mushoku Tensei is really good, although I haven't watched it yet so idk

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So I watched the first episode of the Falcon & Winter Solider which arrived on Disney+ today:

So this took place a couple of months after the events of Endgame and we see Sam take on Georges Batroc, a character we have not seen since Captain America: The Winter Soldier with the assistance of fellow US Air Force member Jaoquin Torres.

We get to see the struggles that both Sam and Bucky face which I feel its going to set up their character arcs as the episodes progress. Despite the words he said to Steve about that "it felt like someone else's" when he took the shield, he struggled with the idea of being his successor and decided to donate to a museum. We then also see another struggle that Sam faced where he wanted to help his sister and his family's business in which they sadly were not able to acquire a loan. Meanwhile, Bucky had to attend a therapy session to overcome his bleak past when he was brainwashed by Hydra as an assassin.

In Switzerland, Torres went to investigate a terrorist group called the Flag Smashers who have different beliefs regarding to the events of the "blip."

The episode concludes as Sam finds out the government unveiling the new Captain America as John Walker who steps out taking Steve's shield which had been donated to the museum.

Overall, the episode really shows a lot more of the characters' struggles in which both Sam and Bucky will certainly grow more development as the upcoming episode progresses. I do hope we get to see Sharon Carter soon.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Phooey! I thought this would be the week we'd get some Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl news (this would be the week CoroCoro releases in Japan, right?).

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I have been tasked with writing twenty small Easter related lines for a YouTube video, and honestly I'm kinda bound to start scraping the barrel at one point or another. This is tough. At least I'm getting paid-

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Philosophy of Smash DLC is one of the following:
Comeback Mechanic
Busted Range
Meter
BS Special Move/unique ability

Sometimes a combination of these traits.
Gotta make peoples buy & maybe play those character in the long run, somehow.

Plus the one time they tried to put a honest character, Banjo, he kinda just....came & went.

I also said it before, and I say it again, that "range" creep gotta stop, how many time now a character was advertisted as having the longest range in the game, only for someone else to be like "hold my beer", since Smash 4?

Remember when Shulk had the longest reach in the game?

I do.

I still do.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Plus the one time they tried to put a honest character, Banjo, he kinda just....came & went.

I also said it before, and I say it again, that "range" creep gotta stop, how many time now a character was advertisted as having the longest range in the game, only for someone else to be like "hold my beer", since Smash 4?

I do.

I still do.
Once?

Byleth was the distance demon only to be preceeded by Min Min...Sephiroth has range but not as much as Min Min.

I don't remember Shulk being advertised with having range specifically...his Monado Arts was his selling point.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I do.

I still do.
Remember when Ike had the best range in the game?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Once?

Byleth was the distance demon only to be preceeded by Min Min...Sephiroth has range but not as much as Min Min.

I don't remember Shulk being advertised with having range specifically...his Monado Arts was his selling point.
I counted the range thing as special, since Sakurai made it sound "special", but you're probably right on Byleth being pretty honest overall.

Sephi still has absurd range compared to others swordfighters and he has one winged angel.

And for Shulk, to play him well, you HAD to use his range to balance out his laggy moveset.

Monado Art were his gimmick and useful, yeah, but his range is what kept his moveset together when his frame data didn't.

Remember when Ike had the best range in the game?
Yes

Remember when Marth had the best range in Melee? (maybe tied with Link, but Marth was better anyway so who care)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom