• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
What do you call it when a “dead game” gets content from a game that, according to fans, “killed” it in the first place?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Now on the opposite hand. What was everyone's first movie they saw in theaters?

For me it was The Lion King. Overrated or not, it has a special place in my heart for that reason and the only movie IMO that earns it, I love the movie that much.

A classic.
The Rugrats Movie. Apparently when the Catdog short played beforehand, I shouted at the screen “WATCH OUT CATDOG!” which got the whole theater laughing.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Apparently when the Catdog short played beforehand, I shouted at the screen “WATCH OUT CATDOG!” which got the whole theater laughing.
Proud owner of The Complete Series of CatDog. One of my favorite shows I grew up with and also among my favorite Nick shows.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
On the topic of cinema I just remembered the time I went to it 3 times within 5 days across 2 countries.

Day 1: Saw The Disaster Artist with my best friend.

Day 3: Flew to the US for Christmas.

Day 4: Went to see Jumanji in some local small town America cinema with that distinctive smell.

Day 5: As part of the two night in a row deal went to see The Last Jedi at the same place.

You can probably guess which time I enjoyed more. It was a great week. Miss stuff like that.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
On the topic of cinema I just remembered the time I went to it 3 times within 5 days across 2 countries.

Day 1: Saw The Disaster Artist with my best friend.

Day 3: Flew to the US for Christmas.

Day 4: Went to see Jumanji in some local small town America cinema with that distinctive smell.

Day 5: As part of the two night in a row deal went to see The Last Jedi at the same place.

You can probably guess which time I enjoyed more. It was a great week.
You're not a United Statesian?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What do you call it when a “dead game” gets content from a game that, according to fans, “killed” it in the first place?

Innersloth hire this man. /j

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I don't remember my first movie.
My parents had a giant collection of Disney VHS's. I remember Winnie the Pooh, Lion King, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Toy Story, etc.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I vividly remember the one thing my dad was incredibly apprehensive with regarding going out to kids movies was going to Nick ones, i guess because he didn't like the Nckelodeon cartoons, we almost didn't watch Rugrats go wild.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I can't really remember the first film I watched in theaters, but I do remember watching Monster House a llt in theaters when I was young.

And every time I watched Monster House, something wen wrong. One time the place caught on fire, one time the movie legit glitched out and died midway through, that movie was just cursed.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
gonna sneak this one in, but...
...Disney Channel and Disney XD are practically gonna become useless thanks to most of the upcoming shows being exclusive to Disney+

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
gonna sneak this one in, but...
...Disney Channel and Disney XD are practically gonna become useless thanks to most of the upcoming shows being exclusive to Disney+
Disney XD was useless already, it's where Disney typically dumps the shows they don't really like but have to contractually release.

Dutch Raikuna

You're not a United Statesian?
He lives on a Spanish island IIRC. Don't remember what one though.
I'm Irish. Like from Ireland (well sort of). Glories of living in a two in one system.

Not American. Could have sworn I post at least once a week that I am and how it gives me a very different view there from some of the rest of yous. Some people on the internet there think it's America and America only country in the world there. Not saying here.........

And Spanish Island? Yeah that's JD you're talking about.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm Irish. Like from Ireland (well sort of). Glories of living in a two in one system.

Not American. Could have sworn I post at least once a week that I am and how it gives me a very different view there from some of the rest of yous. Some people on the internet there think it's America and America only country in the world there. Not saying here.........

And Spanish Island? Yeah that's JD you're talking about.
You have a holiday coming up. And it's an excuse to get me drinkin'!

duxx

Smash Ace
the only memories of VHS i have are some random nature documentaries and old care bears movies when I was like 5

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Though to be fair, I don't live in the United States so much as I live in the area one day to be known as "United Global Commune".
da7d64f5711925cb576d7d60bc7694a1.jpg

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Oh snap. Sorry.

I honestly don't know why but I tend to mistake you guys for the same for some reason. xD
We talk a lot so I can see. Could have sworn in the way I speak (well type) that really could make one guess easily.

I'm so glad to have been born in Canada. I love my country.
I'm glad to be from Northern Ireland. Means I get to choose what I mean where I live. I can put myself down as British or Irish or say it's part of Ireland, or part of the UK or call it a country.

Gives me a very unique outlook when it comes to seeing people come together. I mean in contrast to places where you have to say "I pledge allegiance to the flag/country" from a young age. Think the entirety of my hometown would be burned to cinders if that happened from either side.

You coulda stopped right there.
America is a planet. Europe is the moon by Jupiter.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm glad to be from Northern Ireland. Means I get to choose what I mean where I live. I can put myself down as British or Irish or say it's part of Ireland, or part of the UK or call it a country.

Gives me a very unique outlook when it comes to seeing people come together. I mean in contrast to places where you have to say "I pledge allegiance to the flag/country" from a young age. Think the entirety of my hometown would be burned to cinders if that happened from either side.
Ireland, home of banshees, dobhar-chus, dullahans, and leprechauns.

Though Canada on the other hand. We gotta deal with wendigos, sasquatches, and inuit mythical creatures like akhluts, and qallupilluits.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly can't remember the first movie I ever watched, but I'd wager it was probably one of those old Lego cds that came with the magazine subscription and had a bunch of smaller mini-movies inside: I loved those things as a kid.

Should still have them somewhere.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Meanwhile Down Under my Australian bro Mamboo has to deal with bunyips, burrunjors, garkains, malingees, papinijuwaris, yara-ma-yha-whos, and yowies.

******* Australia man!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom