• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
It’s the game that literally overshadows everything else right now. Even Smash. Add that with the kids who in their adolescent ignorance think that Halo stole Master Chief and stuff like that you have a recipe for people with constant jabs and eye roles directed at the game.

As a Smash fan though I’m just not a fan of the idea of Jonesy in Smash. Fortnite is cool, I think this gargantuan crossover where Microsoft, DC, Sony, Marvel, and more are hurling bullets at each other is neat but the game itself just isn’t for me.
I mean, Steve got in. Fortnite is so omnipresent, I feel, that even when it "dies", it'll still be pretty popular.
But as far as games that were once on top of the world go, I would want to see RuneScape Adventurer in Smash. Could swap armors on the fly that modify his stats.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The first I saw in theaters was the OG Toy Story.
Same. Though I think I remember the car ride home more than anything ironically. Pretty sure I fell asleep during most of the film. lol

I think I remember seeing on Twitter an easy rebuff to this is being Fire Emblem Echoes. Though honestly most Nintendo games I'd rather see remasters than remakes at the current time.

Famicom Detective Club could also be up there but we'll have to see as it's a genre Nintendo has seldom if at all touched in the past 30 years. alsobecauseHALLabsitsontheirIPs

Sometimes it feels like I'm the only person who likes the design approach of BDSP.

I'd like to believe I'm not but...
I can't say that I'm not at least a little disappointed at the prospect of re-visiting Sinnoh without the confines of the top-down perspective, but at the same time I can't deny that there is a lot of charm to the style that in many ways I felt SwSh was lacking and that it might not be the most realistic from a development standpoint. At the very least we're more or less guaranteed an more meaty single player than SwSh given how long Gen 4's campaign is even discounting Platinum content.

I think my biggest worry will be fans who place too large expectations onto Legends. At the moment I think it's more of an appetizer for what Gen 9 could potentially be or a side project turned full game. Best case scenario IMO is that Legends pushes Gen 9 into (hopefully late) 2023.*

*Also because I honestly kind of like the new approach the anime is taking and I don't want to see the manga rushed again like B2W2/XY/ORAS.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
On the subject of what first films I watched in a cinema, I can't remember which was my first but there are a number of films that I do recall watching back my childhood which include Matilda, Tom & Jerry (not the Tim Story one), Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Lion King, Toy Story and Mulan.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, after thinking about it overnight, I think my first movie may have been one of the Shrek ones. It's the only movie I can remember watching really early as a youngin'.

Last edited by a moderator:

duxx

Smash Ace
y'all watched movies in school? the only thing we ever watched were those 240p documentaries and some animated thing about how cells work

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The earliest film I remember seeing in theaters is Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I remember being a little scared at the parts with Fluffy and Voldemort. I would have been 4 at the time.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!
View attachment 307453
They are two things I been asked to report to you.

For top secret reasons, I can't tell you what they are in this post, you have to click the two link below to find out.

Secret 1

Secret 2

This is all, may the Padrip Squad give you a good day.
Dang, the Padrip Squad comes with great tidings of joy, I see. Also that is one blessed Basil.

Speaking of Omori, I finished the Hikikomori route yesterday. I didn’t do every Hikikomori exclusive boss, but I beat Mutantheart, Roboheart, and Space Ex-Husband. I also maxed out my party members‘ levels and explored Black Space 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Dang, the Padrip Squad comes with great tidings of joy, I see. Also that is one blessed Basil.

Speaking of Omori, I finished the Hikikomori route yesterday. I didn’t do every Hikikomori exclusive boss, but I beat Mutantheart, Roboheart, and Space Ex-Husband. I also maxed out my party members‘ levels and explored Black Space 2: Electric Boogaloo.
The Padrip Squad gotta make sure their fellow users have a gooood time.

Also

Have you seen long necc Mari?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The first movie that I can recall seeing in theaters was the Lion King (that stampede scene stuck with me), while the latest movie that I saw in theaters was Birds of Prey (I liked it, though much like with Suicide Squad, I wasn't familiar with most of the characters, which might have made me less critical of it; the focus could have been spread more evenly, though)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Why do people hate Fortnite so much?
It's popular with the kiddies, and all the big bad REAL gamers hate anything that's popular with kids because they don't play REAL games such as game x that's totally not kid friendly and not free and not accessable to the masses.

So basically, grown ass manbabies are boomers.

Same deal with the animation community being honest.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On today's cryptids and mythical creatures.

The Genoskwa, The Stone Giants. Among the most violent and aggressive Sasquatches.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
it really took this long for DC to make Beast Boy/Raven official

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The Padrip Squad gotta make sure their fellow users have a gooood time.

Also

Have you seen long necc Mari?
Indeed I have. It’s quite cursed! I also saw the lovely Aubrey brawl in Black Space 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Indeed I have. It’s quite cursed! I also saw the lovely Aubrey brawl in Black Space 2: Electric Boogaloo.
The cursed cousine of long cat, long Mari.

Was hoping Aubrey would win this battle, but alas Aubrey won instead, such a shame...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Internet probably won’t like the idea of Tinker Bell becoming black

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Internet probably won’t like the idea of Tinker Bell becoming black
Not to sound racist or anything but what's up with this whitewashing?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, for any Undertale fans here.

Beside the slot machine, are any new little details been added to the Xbox version? Like the Clam Girl secret dialogue in the Switch version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom