• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Have you ever seen the film it takes scenes from, Tiger and Crane Fists? Now you know the proper context to them :yoshi:
I wanna get the DVD because it kind of has the original film alongside Kung Pow. Except the scenes are out of order and Steve Oedekerk is still there as The Chosen One because it's just Kung Pow undubbed.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
In the heat of the moment, you don’t really think.
That's fair. I think I've made the mistake once or twice, but it's surprising to see how common of an occurrence it is.

Kinda like the fake item boxes in Mario Kart.

"It's soo obvious, only an idiot would drive into one of those."

"...WAIT STO----"
I always have fun suddenly dropping Fake Item Boxes directly onto players who were tailgating me.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Watching lots of Spectate replays.

The amount of people who go after the Fake Smash Ball is surprising.
if it's the version of the smash ball where it rolls on the ground, it's kind of acceptable. there's also purposely detonating it to kill an opponent, which is very respectable.

95% of the time a dumb play though

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Kinda like the fake item boxes in Mario Kart.

"It's soo obvious, only an idiot would drive into one of those."

"...WAIT STO----"
It was better when they had a closer appearance to the normal ones so it was harder to spot them amongst the real ones.

Could do some devious stuff in Mario Kart 64 placing them on the same spot as a normal one or even just between some real ones.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know, a lot of people are theorizing that the reason that Capcom is being so secretive of the last SFV character is because it's a third party guest, and it's always the usual ideas. A Tekken Character, An SNK character, an AcSys character, there are people like me suggesting it could be someone like Solid Snake or Tifa Lockhart. But like, IMO, the ULTIMATE WTF pick they could do that would break the internet? Scorpion or Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat. Like, just imagine how much people would flip

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Finished Persona 5 Strikers...and already miss the first time adventure and hype experience. Other than being unable to spam videos and pictures during the last arc (cause of course you'd do that to me Switch), I will cherish the gaming moments had with those damn kids (and Zenkichi) again and again and again

by default the GOTY and an easy ♾️/10 rating
TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 That scene at the very start of the 4th Jail is so adorable i swear
something about scared Makoto only makes her the best girl...and at this point for having more appearances the best woman, and the rest of the trip before the Jail started was innocent and wholesome to start off as

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Schnee117 Schnee117 's AMA is now up

as per the usual, if you're interested in participating in a future AMA and are not currently on the list of future AMA subjects,
please lemme know

Anyways, next week's AMA shall be...
If they're available, their AMA will be up sometime next Tuesday

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Finished Persona 5 Strikers...and already miss the first time adventure and hype experience. Other than being unable to spam videos and pictures during the last arc (cause of course you'd do that to me Switch), I will cherish the gaming moments had with those damn kids (and Zenkichi) again and again and again

something about scared Makoto only makes her the best girl...and at this point for having more appearances the best woman, and the rest of the trip before the Jail started was innocent and wholesome to start off as
Yeah. I was really disappointed my attempted new game plus run wasn’t as fun as the first go around. I probably will go back to it at some point. But only after I’ve had time to let it sit.

Not like FFVIIR (a very similar game) where I was able to immediately dive in to new game plus and still have just as much fun.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

So now you get why i mentioned that Counterstriker fit better the second time it played, yeah? lol
The song is basically the internal monologue of Sophie standing up to the mother and it plays around the time Sophie gains a Persona, becoming more than just a doll and telling Ichinose that she can be more than one too.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
@MooMew64 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X So I'm probably going to finally start up Tales of Vesperia sometime tomorrow after work. Any tips that you guys could give for a beginner?

Also, how's the general quality of the dub?
I say it's a pretty good dub all around. Albert Wesker VA is even in it!

Tho know Yuri voice will sometime switch to another one during certain moment of the game. Due to namco being too lazy to rehire Troy Baker for the once undubbed PS3 exclusive content, which might be jarring at time from what I heard.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You know, a lot of people are theorizing that the reason that Capcom is being so secretive of the last SFV character is because it's a third party guest, and it's always the usual ideas. A Tekken Character, An SNK character, an AcSys character, there are people like me suggesting it could be someone like Solid Snake or Tifa Lockhart. But like, IMO, the ULTIMATE WTF pick they could do that would break the internet? Scorpion or Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat. Like, just imagine how much people would flip
Seems like it'd be a bit of a waste to make your first third-party inclusion the last character of the last pass, when you have SF6 on the horizon. Makes more sense to leverage the increased attention and sales that would bring when trying to get your game/wave off the ground rather than at the tail-end.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Seems like it'd be a bit of a waste to make your first third-party inclusion the last character of the last pass, when you have SF6 on the horizon. Makes more sense to leverage the increased attention and sales that would bring when trying to get your game/wave off the ground rather than at the tail-end.
There is also the possibility that they’re using this season to test out ideas for 6. Though your argument is sound.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think SF6 has been formally addressed, but it has been leaked, and I believe it was reported that when Ono was let go, they pushed SF6 back to restructure it under different direction, and thus created one additional unplanned wave for SF5 to compensate for the internal delay.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah. I was really disappointed my attempted new game plus run wasn’t as fun as the first go around. I probably will go back to it at some point. But only after I’ve had time to let it sit.

Not like FFVIIR (a very similar game) where I was able to immediately dive in to new game plus and still have just as much fun.
oh I’m pretty sure NG+ will still be hype...I just wish I didn’t have to unlock it after beating the game...plus I don’t wanna fight Reaper
So now you get why i mentioned that Counterstriker fit better the second time it played, yeah? lol
The song is basically the internal monologue of Sophie standing up to the mother and it plays around the time Sophie gains a Persona, becoming more than just a doll and telling Ichinose that she can be more than one too.
first time made me think Persona flat out became Marvel so thanks Konoe Stark, and Ichinose having it raised the emotions up to maximum rebellion against evil but not really mother. She kinda gave me Maruki feelings with her tragic backstory

but despite all that, nothing seems to be able to top Rivers in the Desert

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
First of all, y'all are in for a great ride: The game's story has its ups and downs but is generally fun. It's hard carried by it's cast, which IMO is the best cast the Tales series has had to date.

As for tips, here are a few:

- While it may be tempting to try out playing other characters when you get them, try to spend the most time learning Yuri for a little while until you feel confident with the battle system. Repede is also pretty good if you wanna switch it up early game.

- A ton, and I do mean a ton of content in the game is easily missed due to time limits: I highly encourage following a guide if you don't like the idea of missing out on skills, optional cutscenes, and costumes! Raven's best arte is an example of this, and was one I unfortunately missed in both Xbox and Switch playthroughs of the game due to not carefully paying enough attention to the sequence of events that have to play out.

- If your playing the updated port, you should have some free DLC costumes and items to help you get started.

- Make sure to take advantage of cooking: It's a super neat mechanic and can make all the difference when tackling mid and late-game dungeons!

- Once you have her, you're probably not gonna want to ever bench Rita: She hits like a truck and only gets more broken the more you put in to her.

- Patty is a hilarious character who's gimmick is all tied to RNG: She can either help you cheese fights or cost you them. Only use her if you like to play risky! She can be very broken under the right circumstances.

- Whatever you do, DO NOT PERMA BENCH RAVEN AND HAVE HIM UNDERLEVELLED: I can't tell you why without spoiling, but trust me, you will need him at some point in the game.

- Without any context, I'm just gonna give you this message: When prompted, make Karol distract the guard. You'll thank me later.

I hope you have fun! It's legit one of my all time favorite games.

EDIT: Oh, and yes, the dub is very good. Some weird moments with Yuri in the updated version due to them mixing his old voice lines with new ones from a different actor, but they both play him very well and you get used to it after a while.
Thank you! I'll bookmark this post for future references.

And as long as Yuri's second VA does a pretty decent impression of Troy, I probably won't mind too much.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Didn't know a royal crocodile has an addiction of eating raw cookie dough.
Screenshot_20210310-195834_Chrome.jpg
(If you're wondering, this website is called Incorrect Quotes generator.)

D

Deleted member

Of course the day I have to take a state mandated test i wake up at ****ing 2 am in the morning and can't fall back asleep... -_-

D

Deleted member

Thought I was the only one going crazy with that recently. Moment I hit the pillow I start contemplating life and the future, as well as things along those lines.

At the very least, I'm always a bad sleeper, so it didn't make a difference. From my experience, eating cheese and crackers before bed helps out with sleep.
Man, I've just been having bad news after bad news followed messed up situations.

My mind is just completely lost, I don't know what to do anymore without making someone feel hurt or concerned over anything I say or my father saying "you are ****ing lazy. You can't do the most basic of ****s. You should be ashamed of not wanting to go to college" whenever my mother isn't close just because I'm so tired and exhausted from all these bad things going on.

I'm scared. Scared of doing anything at all. More so on the internet where you

Hey, you.

Do I gotta come over there and hug a mother ******? Cuz I’ll do it. You tryna test me? I’ll *in hug the * outta you, bro.

Van-Damnit.
I really appreciate the interest on supporting me Noipoi, I really do.

I really just wish people such as my father didn't take me for someone who is toxic just because of **** from years ago. Because I truly changed.

I've literally stopped suicides, helped build a healthy Discord community and have brought a lot of emotional and personal support to my cousins ever since they started college and things didn't go as well as they hoped for them. Why do I still have to deal with people who still take me as the toxic Marvel fan of the place who looks like a joke when talking about other videogames, the greedy person from when I was a child and the careless person from my young years?

I just want to live calm and peacefully while helping out anyone who I find in trouble or sad, not live as the butt of all jokes.

D

Deleted member

24CDF237-738D-4CA1-8659-444C8A8213E9.png

**** it, I’m maining Stoicheia now

A Granblue aesthetic with once again self mill, just order focused? Yes please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom