• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squidfish

Smash Rookie
Is that a new user I see?

Ċ̷̻̗̟͈̣̤͉͉̰̖̿̊̇͂́̀̑̂͘ ̸̮̟͍͔̤̣͋̎͌̾͒Ô̵͉̣̟̪̏̍͌͝ ̷̛͔͙̳͚͈̿̎̉̈̇̔̍͝M̷̼͗́́̂͋͋ ̵̡̱͖̘̺̹͙͉̈́̈́͋̑̍̅͛̿̓͜ͅṂ̷̗͙̔̈́̓͗̿̎͝ ̴͚̦́̄̀̀E̵̛̟̘̘̞̒͑͗͒͊̀̕̕̕͜ ̵̺̩͂̆̋͑Ń̷̗͎̪̱͚̘͚̭͔̥̀̑͑ ̵̠̫̗̥̺͓͕͕̻̈́̍C̵̛͚̅͂̋́̑̕ ̶̨̞͔̝͔͓͓̠̙̼̑̎̉E̷͍̪̥͔͇͉͍̤͉̲͋̇̓͊͊̀̽̽͜ ̴̪́̈́͌̃́́̒͒Ţ̴͎͕͇̻̹̗̮̜͊̉̓͌͌͑̒̄͜ ̷̧̬͖̱͆H̵̛͇̜̲̝͖̒̎͑̈́͂ ̴̮̘̫̕E̴̢͚͔̩̻̩̙̒͋͋͗̄̃ ̵̢̱̤̜͖̹̣̙̲̽̒̉̇̓́̉I̵̳̥͎̬̙͌̓̆͌̈́̀̌ ̷̧̲̖͖̞̠̻́̽̚N̴͎͐ ̶̦̮̮̺́͂̎Ỉ̵̱̤̠̞̗̬̠̥͒͗͐̽̊̉̓̀͠ͅ ̷̧̪̳͓̩̥̥̞̿͒͌̍̉̀̓͜T̴̢̺͙̭̾̈ ̶̡̺̺͌̅̑͊͛̒̊̓̓̕̕Ȋ̴̛̞̆̇̊̊͐͝ ̵̦̖̊̔͂̀̀A̵̧̯̖̣͙̲̪͌ ̶͓͓͕̈́̏̌̽͝T̵̨̢̺̥̜͑̈́́̏̓̔̚ ̵̖̿̍̐̈́̑̏́̌͝͝I̶̛͕͕̪̥̐͗͋͘̕ ̸̜̮͔͓̯̭̮̹̖͖̓͒͆̄̐͜O̶̢̝̿̍̀̋ ̵̡̡̦̝̩̦̺͖͓̅̉̊N̶̤̬̓̄̉ ̸̘̗̞̣̲͐̑̓́͒̀́̕R̴̤̦̝̂̈́͑͒̎͗͜͠ ̴̬͎͔͋͊Į̵̘̈́̔̇̈́͌̄̅͊̕͜͠ ̶̧̫͓̞͔̳̟̟̰̫̓̃̔̏̑͘͝ͅT̶̝̐͐͜ ̴̢̱̞̤̹̞̰̬̰͐͆̈́̎̈́́͘Ư̴̡̨͈͓̪̩͚͑͐ ̴̣̼̩̦̦̙͍͕̍̋̉́́̀̍́͜͠͝ͅẠ̸̤͖̰̮͖͊͗͒̽̎ ̷̱̭̩͇̄̍͛̊̏L̷̢̠̭͔͚͈̳̗̝̀̊̈́̈́͝

View attachment 306581
Please don't use weird text it makes it hard for my screen reader

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
And with this, one of Ultimate's biggest omissions has been fixed. The game just became 10 times more playable. Really should've been in the game already to begin with.
(picture of Life Will Change from Persona 5)
I don't have the guts to mod an actual console... nor the skill. I've tried to run brawl mods on both Wii and Dolphin, but with no luck.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
159433007_1359779247710686_1190289644267506263_o.jpg

Graphically speaking this looks way better than both the Digimon switch games and the Pokemon switch games, i really like how this game looks.

Apparently Sakurai finally got verified on Twitter.

He now has the special ability to cancel anyone he sees as annoying and people will listen to him.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
M MooMew64 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X So I'm probably going to finally start up Tales of Vesperia sometime tomorrow after work. Any tips that you guys could give for a beginner?

Also, how's the general quality of the dub?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
View attachment 306586
Graphically speaking this looks way better than both the Digimon switch games and the Pokemon switch games, i really like how this game looks.

He now has the special ability to cancel anyone he sees as annoying and people will listen to him.
Would you know any Japan-only (or Europe-only) Switch games for me to try?

One of my goals for my console is to import at least one game.

D

Deleted member

Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade I got another one grinded and off the list
94A5149B-9EA6-4ED3-9F54-3B90E95BBEEC.jpeg

I was training up some Knightmon to get Crusadermon and Leopardmon, but found out that at max level they literally do not have enough speed stat to digivolve to them, and it’s almost time to get off, so I guess I’ll just do that tommorow

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Would you know any Japan-only (or Europe-only) Switch games for me to try?

One of my goals for my console is to import at least one game.
Yokai watch 4 is the only Japan only release i own on the Switch, so i don't think i'd be much help.

I do own other imported Switch titles but they are games that are just physical releases of games that came out on the eshop exclusively in the west, like the NES Dragon quest games and FF7, or games that Amazon decided to send me from the middle east or South east asia according to the green stamp on the back, like my copy of Tokyo mirage sessions.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yokai watch 4 is the only Japan only release i own on the Switch, so i don't think i'd be much help.

I do own other imported Switch titles but they are games that are just physical releases of games that came out on the eshop exclusively in the west, like the NES Dragon quest games and FF7, or games that Amazon decided to send me from the middle east or South east asia according to the green stamp on the back, like my copy of Tokyo mirage sessions.
Ah, thanx

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
M MooMew64 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X So I'm probably going to finally start up Tales of Vesperia sometime tomorrow after work. Any tips that you guys could give for a beginner?

Also, how's the general quality of the dub?
First of all, y'all are in for a great ride: The game's story has its ups and downs but is generally fun. It's hard carried by it's cast, which IMO is the best cast the Tales series has had to date.

As for tips, here are a few:

- While it may be tempting to try out playing other characters when you get them, try to spend the most time learning Yuri for a little while until you feel confident with the battle system. Repede is also pretty good if you wanna switch it up early game.

- A ton, and I do mean a ton of content in the game is easily missed due to time limits: I highly encourage following a guide if you don't like the idea of missing out on skills, optional cutscenes, and costumes! Raven's best arte is an example of this, and was one I unfortunately missed in both Xbox and Switch playthroughs of the game due to not carefully paying enough attention to the sequence of events that have to play out.

- If your playing the updated port, you should have some free DLC costumes and items to help you get started.

- Make sure to take advantage of cooking: It's a super neat mechanic and can make all the difference when tackling mid and late-game dungeons!

- Once you have her, you're probably not gonna want to ever bench Rita: She hits like a truck and only gets more broken the more you put in to her.

- Patty is a hilarious character who's gimmick is all tied to RNG: She can either help you cheese fights or cost you them. Only use her if you like to play risky! She can be very broken under the right circumstances.

- Whatever you do, DO NOT PERMA BENCH RAVEN AND HAVE HIM UNDERLEVELLED: I can't tell you why without spoiling, but trust me, you will need him at some point in the game.

- Without any context, I'm just gonna give you this message: When prompted, make Karol distract the guard. You'll thank me later.

I hope you have fun! It's legit one of my all time favorite games.

EDIT: Oh, and yes, the dub is very good. Some weird moments with Yuri in the updated version due to them mixing his old voice lines with new ones from a different actor, but they both play him very well and you get used to it after a while.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So have had a deep dive into the first Jail of Persona 5 Strikers and.............I'm sorta liking it.

Really feel like Koei Tecmo was not the right developer and wish they went a bit more Ys-esque in terms of number of enemies. Just feels like I'm playing a slower Dynasty Warriors but with a great story and Persona sneak mechanics.

Story wise I'm gonna enjoy it outside of the Royal absence. Music is amazing as always.

Oh and liking the two new characters so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom