• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey Lamperouge Lamperouge , just wanted to share this very good video I found about Mythra Neutral-B
If you like it, make sure to share it to other folks. This move doesn't have the best reception atm, so sharing info like this could help future Mythra main out there.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
3 weeks/21 days until Godzilla vs. Kong.

Unless you count internationally though than 2 weeks, 2 days/16 days until Godzilla vs. Kong.

Time is really slowing to a crawl for me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What else do I have left this month to look forward too?

-Continuing my Kaiju Marathon
-Godzilla vs. Kong
-Helluva Boss episode 4
-Kombat Pack 3 potentially being revealed

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Imagine actually finding people doing a raid.
It's basically like finding the jackpot here. Very few people play this game and even fewer actively do raids.

Back when I played Pokemon Go, legendaries were basically off the table, because I didn't know anyone else who played the game, and you can't do five star raids solo.
You used to be able to get Legendaries from research breakthroughs(it's how I got my first Zapdos and Moltres) but they stopped doing that after 2018 and now it's mostly garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I refuse to believe Lucario is that low.
D tier actually isn't that far off for Lucario at top level.

While he's certainly not the worst character thanks to his aura mechanic, but it's not as strong as it was in Smash 4 or Brawl. In those games, it's so central to his meta to the point where it makes him into a serious threat. Since rage is also very heavy in weight in 4, that helps with getting very early KOs. However, since both Aura and Rage are toned down and more balanced in Ultimate, Lucario's potential goes from seriously high to "high-mid" from the getgo, since he depends on aura heavily in order to land KOs. What also harms Lucario is that his 50-50s and kill confirms from 4 are taken away for the most part in Ultimate, making it harder to set up for KOs. He still has good knockback on moves, but it's setting up for those KOs that's much harder to do in Ult than in 4.

Is he still playable? Yes, of course. Do you see an "F" by his name? No. The problem that's going on with your mindset is that you say "I REFUSE to believe Lucario is that low." The problem with that train of thought is that you're looking at the tier list via looking at only the letters, rather than the meta as a whole. The deal with Ultimate is that while there will inevitably be some characters ranked worse than others, it's so well balanced to the point where there aren't that many true low tiers. Lucario's in a lower tier, yes, but a D tier in Ultimate is certainly a better position than a D tier in, let's say, Brawl, because the game is significantly better balanced than Brawl. It's also better balanced than Melee, if we look at another comparison.

To summarize, the deal with Lucario isn't even necessarily that he's useless. Because honestly, he really isn't. It's just that Ultimate's cast is so well balanced that other characters just happened to be stronger than Lucario. He certainly does have big nerfs moving over from 4, and much of the other cast getting balanced also gives him indirect nerfs. But is he a bad character? In all honesty, he's only bad within the Ultimate vacuum. In general, he's still usable, but there are simply other characters who do his job better.

On a side note, while I do agree with ProGuides placing Lucario in D tier, it doesn't mean their tier list as a whole is good. I tend to look at other sources for a better look at who's viable and who isn't.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I always took it Lucario was more popular than Greninja, then again I haven't played Pokemon or been into it since I was a pre-teen/teen.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I don't think SF6 has been formally addressed, but it has been leaked, and I believe it was reported that when Ono was let go, they pushed SF6 back to restructure it under different direction, and thus created one additional unplanned wave for SF5 to compensate for the internal delay.
I'd expect them to formally reveal Street Figher 6 probably by the end of this year. Ever since Ono's departure, Shuhei Matsumoto and Takyuki Nakayama have already done a much better job in terms of handling the final season of Street Fighter V so far and if they can keep this up, then I predict that there is a bright future ahead for Capcom fighting games.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
In fall fairness, Proguide's tier list is pretty outdated as they don't have anyine past Min Min
That's also something to consider. There are more up to date tier lists from pro smashers on youtube, or on blog posts.

Concerning Ultimate's viability, the only two characters I personally wouldn't use at top level in any situation would be Mac and Ganon. Even still, I don't think either is in competition for "the worst smash character ever", because other games have far worse balance than Ultimate.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That's also something to consider. There are more up to date tier lists from pro smashers on youtube, or on blog posts.

Concerning Ultimate's viability, the only two characters I personally wouldn't use at top level in any situation would be Mac and Ganon. Even still, I don't think either is in competition for "the worst smash character ever", because other games have far worse balance than Ultimate.
That's also true, but then when you actually click on the characterd, they flat out have blatantly incorrect information like Pikachu and Greninja having no kill confirms

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
That's also true, but then when you actually click on the characterd, they flat out have blatantly incorrect information like Pikachu and Greninja having no kill confirms
Oi vey, that is bad. Both of them actually do, and it's part of the reason why both are such solid characters in Ult, especially Pika. His nair combos into basically everything.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
After playing through Persona 5...5 Content in Smash Ultimate...5 Royal...and 5 Strikers...to completion...,I have found the most accurate tier list ranking of all the characters of importance and has a picture of themselves as well of all time aka I made it
11CDE4C5-76FB-405F-A36B-95BAB60507F3.jpeg
A C C U R A T E A S H E L L

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
After playing through Persona 5...5 Content in Smash Ultimate...5 Royal...and 5 Strikers...to completion...,I have found the most accurate tier list ranking of all the characters of importance and has a picture of themselves as well of all time aka I made it
A C C U R A T E A S H E L L
Ya still gotta play Q2 and dancing. Get on my level.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X I gain more respect for ZEKE VON GENBU, BRINGER OF CHAOS each passing minute. My man’s legit the strongest idiot you’ll ever meet, what a chad
He is bestest indeed.

And like you said, he only get better with time...tho he is a bit underwhelming gameplay wise, but only at the start when he has Pandy only. After some play time playing & giving some blades, he get better too.

Will say he isn't so much a idiot, but more like a big goofball who like joking around to ease the mood, but he can be serious when it's needed....tho his horrible luck do him no favor at time.

In other words, when you pass the over-the-top side he got, he is a pretty relatable guy I say.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
What else do I have left this month to look forward too?

-Continuing my Kaiju Marathon
-Godzilla vs. Kong
-Helluva Boss episode 4
-Kombat Pack 3 potentially being revealed
I look forward to nothing (im boooored)

lets try and suggest things that people can do let me start!

Play lego games theyre good here are some:
Lego Starwars TCS The first 2 TT ones Bundeld Together
Pros: a lot of Levels
Cons: Probably will be sorta obsolete when Skywalker Saga rolls arround (because be honest these old levels are somewahat boring)
Lego Lord of the Rings
Pros: Best "gold" Brick Rewards
and nice Open world
Cons: The Chars are not that interesting i think getting mods that add Bilbo Young and the Dlc Chars are somewhast Neccesary
Lego Marvel Superheroes
Pros: Probably the best one right now
Cool Overworld
If you buy the Dlc there are Barely any missing chars
X-Men and F4
Cons: Construction WEorker is a Char
Not that Many Bosses
Lego M S 2/ Lego Dc S V
Pros: Awesome Char creation especialy in Dc
Cons: Not that great Char Rosters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
put it on Switch and you got a deal
Ya still gotta play Q2 and dancing. Get on my level.
I could never ever top the Persona 5 God...but I can please him with the Makoto spot

and not gonna lie, I didn’t expect Yusuke and Haru to move up so high for me
Drew this Batman sketch.

Should have 2 more drawings for this week.
Batman finally aging

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
put it on Switch and you got a deal

I could never ever top the Persona 5 God...but I can please him with the Makoto spot

and not gonna lie, I didn’t expect Yusuke and Haru to move up so high for me

Batman finally aging
Yo I just saw the trailer. This is hype as hell. "turtles in time" was my favorite game. I have it on SNES

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hard to believe that the Switch version of Crash Bandicoot 4 comes out in two days; time just flew by. Crash 1 and 2 have proven to be quite difficult for me (I'm stuck on the first bridge level for Crash 1, and a polar bear auto-runner level for Crash 2), but it seems like Crash 4 is a lot more forgiving (I haven't looked into the game much, but by my understanding, there's a mode that takes away the lives system, which is a plus)

I'm going to try to play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 between now and then. Obviously, I'm not going to beat it in that time (at least if Xenoblade 1 is any indication of how long this game will be), but now that I've beaten Persona 5 Strikers, I want to at least get further into it. (I'm only on chapter 3; I just met Vandham)

I'm also going to try working on my RPG Maker game, though I'm not sure if that's going to get anywhere. One thing I hate about the creative process is that I always tend to come up with all sorts of ideas before I actually start, and as a result, I either get overwhelmed or they turn out to be something that I can't actually implement. At least this is easier because it's based on something that already exists (early Marvel comics), but all of these ideas don't mean anything if I don't know how to code a cutscene or make sprites. I'll have to look into guides for the coding part.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yo I just saw the trailer. This is hype as hell. "turtles in time" was my favorite game. I have it on SNES
I played and beat the game on the Arcade 1up machine...cheated by spamming the player machine to give all 4 turtles 420 lives
New TMNT game.

Maining Leo. Who y'all got?
Leo for the balance and Donnie cause of that range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom