• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Close Enough being Cartoon Network's 1st legit adult show...just perfect

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
TFW you forget you have minecraft running in the background and suddenly a cave noise plays....

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh I'm not saying it isn't stupid, it absolutely is. I just mean that if they're paying by the hour, one take per line saves money. This is Nintendo, though. Unless their voice over budget was absurdly low, which I doubt it was, one take per line makes no sense to me. Then again, neither does no directing.
Apparantly, take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, because I'm not perfect, for Future Connected, the budget for it and DE in general wasn't that big, the Bionis Shoulder was used for the campaign because it saved time and ressources for them, as they couldn't afford to make a Titan as unique and complex as Torna. So maybe that's why the VA in that little game sound weird. (Melia VA not voicing her character for 10 years probably didn't help either)

For base 2 itself, beside the info we know about the voice direction itself being pretty mediocre, it's hard to pinpoint why they did this, beside that XB2 troubled development and the smaller team behind it may have caused Monolith to not take the proper time with the English VA. And while that stink and some VA does a poorer job than others, the Torna DLC English Dub does a much better job overall, both for veteran and newcomer alike.

Again, to be clear, some if my info could be wrong or murky, so make sure to check on your side one day if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Oh and, as much I love my boy Rex, I never deny that the man can't scream for his life.

Also, Nia speak with a Welsh accent.

Just so you know.

Also just wake up so brain not working, but congrat for being such a gamer, you actually got in a game as yourself. (Yeah it's a mod, but who care?)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’d like a new Pokémon in the DLC; out of the “realistic” options, mainly Inteleon, Falinks, Sirfetch’d, Impidimp, Morpeko, Dracovish, Calyrex, Cyndaquil, Oshawott, or Decidueye, or even a new Legends trainer with Cyndaquil, Dewott and Decidueye (or Dartrix and Samurott).

Still wish we could get Gengar though.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway I think that dark lit glitch is interesting Shroob Shroob . We could easily just get decidueye.I still wonder though, there’s potentially another neat way to do the legends trainer.

From thetrailer and leaks, we know our player has a go bar and can essentially fight wild Pokémon. The game also focuses on your partner Pokémon more than before seemingly since there may not be a pc in this game. Meaning you have to choose a team wisely.

it be really fun if legends trainer fought alongside the Pokémon or called upon decideueye for attacks. The wtf factor or seeing the trainer throw hands would be pretty great but probably won’t happen

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway I think that dark lit glitch is interesting Shroob Shroob . We could easily just get decidueye.I still wonder though, there’s potentially another neat way to do the legends trainer.

From thetrailer and leaks, we know our player has a go bar and can essentially fight wild Pokémon. The game also focuses on your partner Pokémon more than before seemingly since there may not be a pc in this game. Meaning you have to choose a team wisely.

it be really fun if legends trainer fought alongside the Pokémon or called upon decideueye for attacks. The wtf factor or seeing the trainer throw hands would be pretty great but probably won’t happen
That's even if we're getting Pokemon though.

I don't buy into Glitch Theory because there's a lot of characters that either have glitches pop up with no correlation to the character that comes next, or are such stretches that it's hard to take seriously.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's even if we're getting Pokemon though.

I don't buy into Glitch Theory because there's a lot of characters that either have glitches pop up with no correlation to the character that comes next, or are such stretches that it's hard to take seriously.
There’s still some interesting things to come from it. The glitch where characters like duck hunt had odd things going on are still note worthy imo. Since we got banjo that same pass and knew he was being developed after base game early enough due to all the insiders talking about characters. It’s not foolproof, but it’s something worth considering.

Considering the first pass ended on a first party, and most final pre release reveals are nothing crazy, a promotional Pokémon like incenroar but ending the pass makes a lot of sense imo.

Shroob

Sup?
There’s still some interesting things to come from it. The glitch where characters like duck hunt had odd things going on are still note worthy imo. Since we got banjo that same pass and knew he was being developed after base game early enough due to all the insiders talking about characters. It’s not foolproof, but it’s something worth considering.

Considering the first pass ended on a first party, and most final pre release reveals are nothing crazy, a promotional Pokémon like incenroar but ending the pass makes a lot of sense imo.
We knew Banjo thanks to Shinobi like a week before E3, he's the only credible source that leaked Banjo. If anyone else claims to have known Banjo before that, they're full of ****.

Regardless, I don't put stock in glitch theory. Bayonetta and Daisy both had glitches associated with them, and the characters that followed were Sephiroth and P/M respectively... I think you can see that Bayonetta and Sephiroth, or Daisy and Pyra/Mythra, share nothing in common. Like, the only thing Daisy and P/M have in common is "They're women".... and not even remotely similar in size or shape to Daisy. And Bayo with Sephiroth....? There's nothing, those 2 are as different as it gets.

Ya need to stop buying into stuff soo easily, my friend. When PracticalBrush, and people I talk to occasionally, flat out say "We can't get Smash news, it's wayyy too lock and key", then Nintendo is holding their cards to their chest hard this round.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Are my posts likeable?
I'd say it's... 50/50 😋
SmartSelect_20210307-015303_Edge.jpg

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We knew Banjo thanks to Shinobi like a week before E3, he's the only credible source that leaked Banjo. If anyone else claims to have known Banjo before that, they're full of ****.

Regardless, I don't put stock in glitch theory. Bayonetta and Daisy both had glitches associated with them, and the characters that followed were Sephiroth and P/M respectively... I think you can see that Bayonetta and Sephiroth, or Daisy and Pyra/Mythra, share nothing in common. Like, the only thing Daisy and P/M have in common is "They're women".... and not even remotely similar in size or shape to Daisy. And Bayo with Sephiroth....? There's nothing, those 2 are as different as it gets.

Ya need to stop buying into stuff soo easily, my friend. When PracticalBrush, and people I talk to occasionally, flat out say "We can't get Smash news, it's wayyy too lock and key", then Nintendo is holding their cards to their chest hard this round.
In a joking way, you could say Bayonetta and Sephiroth should be broken characters in concept due to how powerful they are in canon.

But yeah, no. Sometimes a glitch can be on a character who had a move transferred over to a DLC character. But it's rare anyway. Glitches happen easily. Move one wrong data piece and everything goes haywire.

I do think Dark Pit is slightly worth looking into, but it could be for anything. It could be a previous glitch with a character as is that they screwed up on. He has zero balance changes. An arrow sticking in him is strange. It'll lead to nothing, I'm sure, but I'd like to know why the glitch exists when he had no balance changes. Speaking of, I didn't see the balance notes yet. Was Pit changed? I know sometimes Echoes and their base character are changed differently. ...Except for Peach and Daisy(Daisy was only changed so she's got the same Turnips again. Being it was a bug in gameplay, it makes sense. Should've kept it the same, but... it wasn't meant to be, so).

Shroob

Sup?
In a joking way, you could say Bayonetta and Sephiroth should be broken characters in concept due to how powerful they are in canon.

But yeah, no. Sometimes a glitch can be on a character who had a move transferred over to a DLC character. But it's rare anyway. Glitches happen easily. Move one wrong data piece and everything goes haywire.

I do think Dark Pit is slightly worth looking into, but it could be for anything. It could be a previous glitch with a character as is that they screwed up on. He has zero balance changes. An arrow sticking in him is strange. It'll lead to nothing, I'm sure, but I'd like to know why the glitch exists when he had no balance changes. Speaking of, I didn't see the balance notes yet. Was Pit changed? I know sometimes Echoes and their base character are changed differently. ...Except for Peach and Daisy(Daisy was only changed so she's got the same Turnips again. Being it was a bug in gameplay, it makes sense. Should've kept it the same, but... it wasn't meant to be, so).

Here's 11.0's patch notes for ya. Pit/Dark Pit weren't changed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Here's 11.0's patch notes for ya. Pit/Dark Pit weren't changed.
Thank you!

...Okay, I wonder what the hell happened, then.

The idea Dark Pit was used in some way for another character, which caused the glitch, isn't a bad theory in itself. Since we have no data that explains the problem. But I'm sure a datamine will happen at some point that could clue us in on WFT is going on.

Shroob

Sup?
Thank you!

...Okay, I wonder what the hell happened, then.

The idea Dark Pit was used in some way for another character, which caused the glitch, isn't a bad theory in itself. Since we have no data that explains the problem. But I'm sure a datamine will happen at some point that could clue us in on WFT is going on.
It's not a bad theory sure, but it's like a user over in the newcomer thread said, "It's a theory that's only value is in hindsight".

Even if Dark Pit was used as a basis, we don't know in what ways. Was it his arrow? Was it his dual bladesmanship?

That's why people who are subscribing to the idea of "This means something" kinda agree that they... don't know in what way it means anything. Ryu Hayabusa does a lot of archery, and he's been the talk of the town for awhile. Decidueye is suddenly relevant again, and it's an archer. Lloyd is on people's mind due to Mii costumes, and he dual wields, akin to how Pit/Dark Pit occasionally do.

It's a cool idea to think about, but we won't know until June at the earliest.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not a bad theory sure, but it's like a user over in the newcomer thread said, "It's a theory that's only value is in hindsight".

Even if Dark Pit was used as a basis, we don't know in what ways. Was it his arrow? Was it his dual bladesmanship?

That's why people who are subscribing to the idea of "This means something" kinda agree that they... don't know in what way it means anything. Ryu Hayabusa does a lot of archery, and he's been the talk of the town for awhile. Decidueye is suddenly relevant again, and it's an archer. Lloyd is on people's mind due to Mii costumes, and he dual wields, akin to how Pit/Dark Pit occasionally do.

It's a cool idea to think about, but we won't know until June at the earliest.
Pretty much.

My only other thought is that Dark Pit is a silly thing to use for a base over Pit. They're extremely similar. What makes Dark Pit stand out besides the Final Smash? So to me, with more thought, I just consider it somebody making an error in the coding and that's it. Here's hoping for a datamine or a quick fix by Sakurai. I'm pretty sure the glitch's only possible issue is that it could cause lag by having more onscreen than intended, and it wouldn't be as bad as 8 Ice Climbers so it might not get fixed till next Smash.

Potential meme material, though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
For some reason, that dress reminds me of:
Think it's a somewhat common type of dress for mage or mage-like characters with simple design and the like.

Like I think there's a wizard digimon with that kind of outfit too, but I can't remember the name.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Apparantly, take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, because I'm not perfect, for Future Connected, the budget for it and DE in general wasn't that big, the Bionis Shoulder was used for the campaign because it saved time and ressources for them, as they couldn't afford to make a Titan as unique and complex as Torna. So maybe that's why the VA in that little game sound weird. (Melia VA not voicing her character for 10 years probably didn't help either)

For base 2 itself, beside the info we know about the voice direction itself being pretty mediocre, it's hard to pinpoint why they did this, beside that XB2 troubled development and the smaller team behind it may have caused Monolith to not take the proper time with the English VA. And while that stink and some VA does a poorer job than others, the Torna DLC English Dub does a much better job overall, both for veteran and newcomer alike.

Again, to be clear, some if my info could be wrong or murky, so make sure to check on your side one day if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Oh and, as much I love my boy Rex, I never deny that the man can't scream for his life.

Also, Nia speak with a Welsh accent.

Just so you know.

Also just wake up so brain not working, but congrat for being such a gamer, you actually got in a game as yourself. (Yeah it's a mod, but who care?)
Ohhh okay! Thanks for clearing that up!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ohhh okay! Thanks for clearing that up!
I'm a dummy thick head shark, so if some of the info I got are wrong (I look up so much stuff online that my brain can't remember all of them at all time), please feel free to tag me and call me a dummy thick head shark, with a additonial X throwed into the mix for good measure. No swear tho, pretty please. : )

One of the few thing I say for now tho is that, while it hasn't been officialy confirm, if Pyra VA is anything to go by, one of the voice director voiced the ever so memetic Ardinian Soldiers/Captain Padraig. (Which also allude there wasn't just one voice director? I'm not a expert on this kind of stuff, so don't know if it's normal or a good/bad thing)

Also, kinda like base XB2, FC VA does get better as the story progress (especially Melia), tho Kino & Nene (the two new Nopons that follow you around and are Riki's kids) VA does a pretty good job all around from start to finish, never being too annoying while still being, ya know, kids.

Finally, think I seen that Chugga XB2 LP might be too long for you, and if that's so, then my bad on that.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm a dummy thick head shark, so if some of the info I got are wrong (I look up so much stuff online that my brain can't remember all of them at all time), please feel free to tag me and call me a dummy thick head shark, with a additonial X throwed into the mix for good measure. No swear tho, pretty please. : )

One of the few thing I say for now tho is that, while it hasn't been officialy confirm, if Pyra VA is anything to go by, one of the voice director voiced the ever so memetic Ardinian Soldiers/Captain Padraig. (Which also allude there wasn't just one voice director? I'm not a expert on this kind of stuff, so don't know if it's normal or a good/bad thing)

Also, kinda like base XB2, FC VA does get better as the story progress (especially Melia), tho Kino & Nene (the two new Nopons that follow you around and are Riki's kids) VA does a pretty good job all around from start to finish, never being too annoying while still being, ya know, kids.

Finally, think I seen that Chugga XB2 LP might be too long for you, and if that's so, then my bad on that.
Oh no worries! I just ended up watching JohneAwesome's let's play since I watched his Persona 5 let's play a while back, and it was quite good. Apparently he also did an Omori let's play, so I'll have to watch that sometime too. I'll let ya know what I think as I go!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh no worries! I just ended up watching JohneAwesome's let's play since I watched his Persona 5 let's play a while back, and it was quite good. Apparently he also did an Omori let's play, so I'll have to watch that sometime too. I'll let ya know what I think as I go!
Oh oki doki, if so, have a great time then!

Man, when Omori is comin' on switch? So many videos I want to see but I can't because I want to play it first on my tiny console. ;_;

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom