• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Looking up Pokémon Legends: Arceus videos on YouTube and there's LOTS a videos promoting a "GBA ROM hack"

97% of the thumbnails don't show screens and the other 3% is just a screenshot of FireRed with the only change being Red replaced with the Legends protagonist.

I'm not going to give those videos any clicks.
That's 2021 youtube in a nutshell. Most ads(especially on the mobile app) tend to be garbage 20 second slaughter fests of "how much **** can we put into an ad without telling you anything about the product?"

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That's 2021 youtube in a nutshell. Most ads(especially on the mobile app) tend to be garbage 20 second slaughter fests of "how much **** can we put into an ad without telling you anything about the product?"
"MAAAANGO TO HELL!"
-Some anti smoking ad i kept getting in my youtube through the end of 2019 and most of 2020

D

Deleted member

You know how centipedes carry small amounts of venom in them? I'm kinda worried for my dog, i saw one roaming my room and i can't kill it, i'm worried it might bite my dog.
Unless we're talking like, a huge ****ing centipede vs an extremely tiny dog, the amount of venom it carries would probably be negligible. Probably enough to cause side effects but not enough to kill.

If you really want peace of mind though just take a towel or something and yeet it out the window

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Unless we're talking like, a huge ****ing centipede vs an extremely tiny dog, the amount of venom it carries would probably be negligible. Probably enough to cause side effects but not enough to kill.

If you really want peace of mind though just take a towel or something and yeet it out the window
It went under my bed is the thing. I can't get it out.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I initially doubted that Super Metroid wasn’t a good game... until I played it.
Needless to say, it’s one of the best games on the SNES.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know how centipedes carry small amounts of venom in them? I'm kinda worried for my dog, i saw one roaming my room and i can't kill it, i'm worried it might bite my dog.

Unless your dog has cases of allergic reactions, their venom isn't powerful enough to kill a dog. I honestly wouldn't worry. Its a house centipede right?

Plus just keep your dog out of your room if you're still not comfortable and until you catch and kill the centipede.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Fighter Pack 10: Crash Bandicoot
Fighter Pack 11: Yuri Lowell
Special Bonus Thank-You Present: Geno

That’s an ideal ****ing timeline ladies and gentlemen!
I like how you were worried when I brought up the prospect of more JRPG characters and then you include two right there.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
View attachment 306239

"Such mindless prattle, such tit and tat! Who in their right mind, spends soo much time on Smash?!"
Gonna be real, Grunty was equal parts funnier and more threatening in Tooie thanks to her stopping her rhyming, especially that last exchange in the tail end of the Hag-1 fight. I've just been spitting out hot takes like a blast furnace, haven't I?

Noipoi

Howdy!

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125

Noipoi

Howdy!

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

These two are eventually gonna kill each other.
Easily among the funniest memes in the entire cycle for this installment. It's gonna be hard to top the meltdowns of Steveposters following B&K's reveal for me, though; watching people who unironically used a hideous model to mock other people completely fall apart and come up with excuses was just absolute vindication, and (this varies from person to person, I'm sure) it's even sweeter with Steve's actual inclusion essentially ripping him right out of Minecraft instead of going with a realistic gross look.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I won't lie. I would love a Pokemon DLC. Mewtwo is like it.

I get what people mean though by how they want a less used series to get DLC, though. Same with it being possibly an advertising pick.

But I honestly, imo, having no issues if they're an advertisement or not. Cause there's always more to the story. Their moveset relates to part of why they're chosen. It's never been purely for the sake of advertising in any case. Hero? Cause it's the goddamn Hero as is. The first RPG Protagonist on a console. Sure, the exact Hero wasn't used, but the Class concept is massively important. Incineroar/Greninja(I don't count them as being picked for advertising, but eh) were blatantly moveset-related, and noted as why they were particular chosen among other choices. Roy wouldn't have happened if it weren't for last-minute clones. Corrin almost didn't, but Sakurai's team convined him the moveset would be cool. Byleth had the unique moveset mechanic, and Nintendo directly chose the character too(meaning Sakurai had to see potential in them to say yes to using what choices there were).

I've been one for Urshifu, and seeing Pyra/Mythra(who do have similar movesets to a degree, though more unique specials and clearly different properties) made it clear that the idea of a transformation character wouldn't have been an issue, about the only reason I wouldn't consider the Pokemon in question being too likely(at the time I was for them). Nowadays, the only issue is Pokemon SwSh is more or less reaching its limit of "importance" overall, outside of the anime somewhat. So it's not impossible, but as time goes on, I get more doubtful. I don't consider the spirit event damning for the sole fact it only at most hurt a tiny slew of potential choices, and none of the ones specific to the DLC aftergame stuff, which is also important, and the replace for the notable 3rd versions. Something like Resident Evil hit practically every viable choice. Pokemon? There were way more. That, and we know it doesn't have to be the face of a game to get in(Min Min), as there's going to be other circumstances. I'd still think if we get a Pokemon, it'll be something like an advertisement-related one(or at least the core reason it was chosen. As time goes on, it's hard to effectively advertise a game that came out almost a year ago, so).

Either way, I don't see an issue with them. I get where people are coming from, but I welcome fun and unique moveets. I also welcome easy clones and echoes, if it gets a character I like/others like, in. Sure, the echoes can be really bad(...okay, this only applies to Daisy), but they're still a cool concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom