• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's not a bad theory sure, but it's like a user over in the newcomer thread said, "It's a theory that's only value is in hindsight".

Even if Dark Pit was used as a basis, we don't know in what ways. Was it his arrow? Was it his dual bladesmanship?

That's why people who are subscribing to the idea of "This means something" kinda agree that they... don't know in what way it means anything. Ryu Hayabusa does a lot of archery, and he's been the talk of the town for awhile. Decidueye is suddenly relevant again, and it's an archer. Lloyd is on people's mind due to Mii costumes, and he dual wields, akin to how Pit/Dark Pit occasionally do.

It's a cool idea to think about, but we won't know until June at the earliest.
I saw a few people discussing the "current patch introduced glitch = base for new character" thing. Irks me but not surprising given how quickly disinformation/strawgrasping happens, given the nature of speculah.

This kind of thing has happened all the time across each game. Anything from one specific instance of a coincidental thing (my mind immediately goes to "Pirahna Plant/Mii Swordfighter/Duck Hunt in All Star mode crash your save file, clearly it's because the latter were templates for Hero/Banjo-Kazooie") to specific people pushing for the idea because why not we're bored/generate easy clickbait content/discussions.

Don't even get me started on how suddenly everyone was an expert on datamines when we found Jack/Brave the single time (months before it became widely popularized, at that), asking each update "did we find something new in the files?" in spite of the fact we never saw another leaked code name again.

To me it really doesn't matter who is in at this point, and truthfully I wouldn't mind half those characters listed to begin with, but I can't help but roll my eyes when stuff like certain users pushing that last Bayo visual glitch as concrete "evidence." More so it makes me feel so dead inside when it's taken as fact/at face value with such little actual things backing it other than "but ____ said it, it must be true!"

Completely ready to eat the crowd if it does end up meaning something, but for now I see it as boredom/copehope being an insidious thing, and a reminder than I am glad I got other things to be enjoying than just yelling into the speculah void all the time.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
Daaaang Rex really did just die, huh? We officially hate Jin now. I would hate Malos too, but he's a chad.
That's what happen when you trust/work the spiritual son of Cloud & Sephiroth.

At least it wasn't personal..... :dedede:

And yeah, Malos is a chad, tho wanna know a fun trivia?

Him and several others characters VA have worked on Thomas the Tank Engine in the past.

So if you see pic like this online
e86 (2).jpg

That's canon to XB2, hard fact here.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That's what happen when you trust/work the spiritual son of Cloud & Sephiroth.

At least it wasn't personal..... :dedede:

And yeah, Malos is a chad, tho wanna know a fun trivia?

Him and several others characters VA have worked on Thomas the Tank Engine in the past.

So if you see pic like this online
View attachment 306263
That's canon to XB2, hard fact here.
"I can't believe a kid like you is the driver of Thomas The Tank Engine..."

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"I can't believe a kid like you is the driver of Thomas The Tank Engine..."
The true best waifu
Interesting take on the character, to say the least.
Yeah, it's not what I would think first for a classic Blaze design, but that's what make it so good I say.

It's always nice seeing peoples with differents art style/ideas coming up with their own takes on well-know characters after all.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
WEBSITE STOP ****ING GLITCHING INTO A DEMONIC SPAWN YA *******-IZING ****

also Kamp Koral has been quite bland for a show
My only other thought is that Dark Pit is a silly thing to use for a base over Pit. They're extremely similar. What makes Dark Pit stand out besides the Final Smash?
Pit: Better Arrows for “gimping” people (makes it harder for many to recover) and flexibility, and a more constant Arm (Upperdash)...and is a better character personality and stat wise...and is a ALITP/ALBW Zelda simp...and has the best Star KO in gaming history

Pittoo: Arrows can kill quicker due to its lack of flexibility and slower speed in comparison, but Electro shock can kill quicker when near the side killing areas (Pit kills upwards which is why his is more constant)...and is fake edgy (or at least Spanish edgy)
..and even he can’t get real respect from Viridi...and has nobody to love...and has a bland Star KO

That’s it...that’s all the differences they have. Really it just depends on which Pit you’d wanna use more. Besides Peach and Daisy, the Super Pitty Bros have the least amount of differences from any other norma/echo pair

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Did his cinematic reveal involve the classic opening with Greninja and Sheik?
The dream was about the mr. Sakurai presents showcase. So I don’t know.
It's not a bad theory sure, but it's like a user over in the newcomer thread said, "It's a theory that's only value is in hindsight".

Even if Dark Pit was used as a basis, we don't know in what ways. Was it his arrow? Was it his dual bladesmanship?

That's why people who are subscribing to the idea of "This means something" kinda agree that they... don't know in what way it means anything. Ryu Hayabusa does a lot of archery, and he's been the talk of the town for awhile. Decidueye is suddenly relevant again, and it's an archer. Lloyd is on people's mind due to Mii costumes, and he dual wields, akin to how Pit/Dark Pit occasionally do.

It's a cool idea to think about, but we won't know until June at the earliest.
The dual bladesmenship angle gives me renewed faith in Lloyd. But I do agree that this could easily be less then nothing.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I don't even like GT but SS4 Gogeta looks pretty flippin' cool, I gotta say. Going with Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku for the trailer song was also a great touch and gives it a sense of finality if he's indeed the final character.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Normally on a Sunday I never leave my house but today I had for a big reason. It was a Chicken Emergency!

So how's the rest of you guys?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In terms of my research of mythologies and cultures around the world. Given so many, for right now I've decided on putting my main focuses on Australian Aboriginal and Inuit along with Alaskan folklore notably focusing on the Tlingit people given that's where Kushtaka (Name translating to "Land Otter Man") originates from which has really peaked my interest having became among my new favorite mythical creatures alongside the akhlut.

Following that will move onto others like Japanese, Polynesian, and other Native American myths.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
GT had some cool stuff. It wasn’t the content that was the problem. It was the messy as hell execution. Or planning I guess. It says a lot when season 1 is happy kid Goku then later he’s DBZ Goku. It’s pretty jarring and, well, the story isn’t all that compelling.

But a lot of the designs and ideas are pretty cool!

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Why!? This is making me gonna stop liking Neptunia at this rate. A crossover with Senran Kagura and not Date A Live. Was kinda hoping Neptunia was going on a better track but they had to mess it up.

I'm disappointed.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think I'm going to take today to try to finish up Persona 5 Strikers and work on the script for the Avengers RPG that I'm planning. I figure typing it out will make it easier for me in the long run, though I'll need to find parts that can be taken out or areas where a dialogue tree could go.

For Persona 5 Strikers, I'm on the sixth dungeon - they're acting like the endgame, but I've played enough Persona games (two) to know that this is a fake-out and there's going to be at least one more dungeon after this. I'm right before the boss of the sixth dungeon, though, so I should be nearing the end.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Oh man, Monolith Soft turned Gramps into a marketable mascot! I liked him more as a cool dragon, but mkay.
I do agree I prefer his dragon form, but hey, he lost it for a good cause.

Plus that little form got into Smash before the 2 Aegis, on the Rex Mii costume. Heck, it's even the same model.

So take that, Architect.

D

Deleted member

Normally on a Sunday I never leave my house but today I had for a big reason. It was a Chicken Emergency!

So how's the rest of you guys?
I've actually been playing Smash Ultimate for the first time in months. Really forgot how much fun Terry is. Also messing around with Project M Remix and P+ after having dusted off my Wii again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom