• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, you were suggesting Tales of not but a couple minutes ago no?
True. But that's mostly because it is one of the most realistic offerings from namco at this point. I would infinitley prefer someone from Dark Souls or maybe Klonoa or Dig Dug, or the ultimate chad pick Don-chan from Taiko no Tatsujin. After all we don't have any rhythm game characters in Smash.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hate to be rude but am still gonna do it!

There are reasons to believe that Geno's Mii Fighter costume, or ANY Mii Fighter Costume, do not deconfirm anything. It is foolish to think we know anything about how this process works when there are so many internal factors that they know and influence their decisions that we do not.

Also... really? Melee Final Destination? THAT'S how you wanna say goodbye to Smash Ultimate? I mean, I hate to be rude, but you know what they say about treating others the way they've treated you, and that's a stupid way to celebrate.
FF1D2C8F-A4CB-4E30-9CBD-39661F20D3DA.jpeg

While I agree that we’re more ignorant to the internal process then we’d like to think, I’m pretty sure mii costumes mean the actual character won’t be in the same dlc pass the mii costume was in. And seeing as how this is most likely the last dlc pack...yeah.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Does Lloyd even use archery?

I assumed the reason people were pointing towards Lloyd was due to Pit/Dark Pit's dual wielder weapon occasionally.
He doesn't. I was making a "weapon stays attached to them" joke moreso.

...Enough that I intentionally make it a feature of the character when I apply the class. Can't be disarmed, but has to have that weapon to use magic. Period. And can't dual-wield either without losing magic at the time.

You only said Arrow, and wasn't specifying the dual-wielding factor, so I didn't get the context that well. That's also why I joked about the Archer class from Fate. That said, I do see Lloyd clearly using Pit/Dark PIt for the dual-wielding coding to some degree. It makes a ton of sense. They fight very differently.

But yeah, I'd love more JRPG reps. They are just as unique as others have said before. At most they sometimes share either using a sword or a somewhat similar artstyle(and the latter isn't even that true either. They look like they're done by anime artists, but that's still a very different style as is).

D

Deleted member

The bunny is S̵̡̖̳̣̩̜̮͎̼͖̳͍͉͒͗̓̍̀̐͘ͅ ̵̫̯̞̩̖̟̠̹̍̔̀͂̍̓̎̽̔̄̈́̃̍͘̚̕ͅU̶̹̩̩̦̺͗͐̔̏̂̀̿ ̷̮͖̻͐́͆̉̅̔͊͒̎̂͋̋̔̆S̵̡͍̪̭̪̦͇͋̐́͜͜ͅ

2A3A6AEE-7284-4A34-AE7C-215BCD46768D.jpeg

is this even funny anymore

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, the rest of the FGC thinks we're smelly manchildren with a huge case of sex allegations against us.

They're not wrong.

But we still have Ryu, Ken and Terry.
Don't see how my point links to this statement. But yes this is a true statement.
View attachment 306227

While I agree that we’re more ignorant to the internal process then we’d like to think, I’m pretty sure mii costumes mean the actual character won’t be in the same dlc pass the mii costume was in. And seeing as how this is most likely the last dlc pack...yeah.
I can agree to that. Geno will not be in this pass. But since we were talking about a potential bonus "thank you for playing" character, and Geno is one of the last big long lasting community picks, well, you see mu point.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The bunny is S̵̡̖̳̣̩̜̮͎̼͖̳͍͉͒͗̓̍̀̐͘ͅ ̵̫̯̞̩̖̟̠̹̍̔̀͂̍̓̎̽̔̄̈́̃̍͘̚̕ͅU̶̹̩̩̦̺͗͐̔̏̂̀̿ ̷̮͖̻͐́͆̉̅̔͊͒̎̂͋̋̔̆S̵̡͍̪̭̪̦͇͋̐́͜͜ͅ

View attachment 306229
You will not know true pain until you find me outside your house armed with a bicycle, fueled with nothing but primal rage after seeing this meme

Shroob

Sup?
Don't see how my point links to this statement. But yes this is a true statement.

I can agree to that. Geno will not be in this pass. But since we were talking about a potential bonus "thank you for playing" character, and Geno is one of the last big long lasting community picks, well, you see mu point.
You're saying "The Melee players treat us like ****, why should we honor them?"

When the entirety of the FGC treats us like **** and we have 3 iconic FGC characters.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
More like Tales or Golden Sun to me. Either way, Motoi Sakuraba gets involved.
Man I love the guys work to pieces but is it me or has lately his style has become a bit stale? Like I still love it but I don't know. Something felt off with his music in Berseria and the Star Ocean mobile game.

Hate to be rude but am still gonna do it!

There are reasons to believe that Geno's Mii Fighter costume, or ANY Mii Fighter Costume, do not deconfirm anything. It is foolish to think we know anything about how this process works when there are so many internal factors that they know and influence their decisions that we do not.

Also... really? Melee Final Destination? THAT'S how you wanna say goodbye to Smash Ultimate? I mean, I hate to be rude, but you know what they say about treating others the way they've treated you, and that's a stupid way to celebrate.
Just laughing hysterically a bit at the final paragraph.

And yes Melee Final Destination. For many people including myself, reaching that amazing stage for the first time was one hell of a moment and considering how big Melee is not to mention being considering one of the greatest of all time.............it makes perfect sense. Not a new stage but a classic version of the Final Destination literally.

Plus aesthetically it looks pretty cool.

And for Geno? Outside of his support by the community he had no chance, we need that to sink in. Plus Nintendo would probably want someone iconic to represent Smash Bros on a personal level. And Balloon Fighter makes sense. To Sakurai this was his final request from Iwata and it would be best to honour him so if he could.

I'm not tearing into him to provoke. I'm just looking at it realistically.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You're saying "The Melee players treat us like ****, why should we honor them?"

When the entirety of the FGC treats us like **** and we have 3 iconic FGC characters.
Oh, that's not why I think Melee Final Destination is a bad idea. I just think it's a very boring stage idea that doesn't really carry any sort of "thank you" vibe to it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just laughing hysterically a bit at the final paragraph.

And yes Melee Final Destination. For many people including myself, reaching that amazing stage for the first time was one hell of a moment and considering how big Melee is not to mention being considering one of the greatest of all time.............it makes perfect sense. Not a new stage but a classic version of the Final Destination literally.

And for Geno? Outside of his support by the community he had no chance, we need that to sink it. Plus Nintendo would probably want someone iconic to represent Smash Bros on a personal level. And Balloon Fighter makes sense. To Sakurai this was is his final request from Iwata and it would be best to honour him so if he could.

I'm not tearing into him to provoke. I'm just looking at realistically.
Wait is that a real statement from somewhere? I didn't know that Iwata's last request to Sakurai was to put Balloon Fighter in Smash. I would argue that Balloon Fighter is WAY more obscure then Geno, and wouldn't a character with big support by the community be a good way to say thank you to the community. I would also argue that Geno is intrinsically connected to Smash at this point, as more people probably know about him from Smash speculation then actually playing Super Mario RPG.

Also Banjo. Before his reveal everyone was saying the exact same things about him. I will never forget that, y'all made sure of that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
if they make the next 2 Fighters Pass spots more Persona music instead...I'd be content

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wait is that a real statement from somewhere? I didn't know that Iwata's last request to Sakurai was to put Balloon Fighter in Smash. I would argue that Balloon Fighter is WAY more obscure then Geno, and wouldn't a character with big support by the community be a good way to say thank you to the community. I would also argue that Geno is intrinsically connected to Smash at this point, as more people probably know about him from Smash speculation then actually playing Super Mario RPG.

Also Banjo. Before his reveal everyone was saying the exact same things about him. I will never forget that, y'all made sure of that.
Banjo’s not as obscure, though. A lot of people tried to make it seem like he was, but that’s not the case.

Banjo and Kazooie are the main protagonists of a beloved N64 game, and many from that generation remember them. Even if younger kids don’t.

Dutch Raikuna

"I didn't know that Iwata's last request to Sakurai was to put Balloon Fighter in Smash"
No that was not what I meant.
I really need to get better at proofreading my posts but it's 3am, my house is loud and most of my mind is dedicated to watching anime.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

P.sure Iwata's last request to Sakurai was to just make Ultimate in general.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Banjo’s not as obscure, though. A lot of people tried to make it seem like he was, but that’s not the case.

Banjo and Kazooie are the main protagonists of a beloved N64 game, and many from that generation remember them. Even if younger kids don’t.
I will never forgive those people. They made a great enemy in me.

And I will also argue that a lot of Geno's perception as unrecognized is born from that same kind of effort from those same kinds of people.
"I didn't know that Iwata's last request to Sakurai was to put Balloon Fighter in Smash"
No that was not what I meant.
P.sure Iwata's last request to Sakurai was to just make Ultimate in general.
Ah. That makes more sense. Thank you for elaborating. Cause I was confusled.

Noipoi

Howdy!
That’s a bit pathetic

And I will also argue that a lot of Geno's perception as unrecognized is born from that same kind of effort from those same kinds of people.
It’s a little different. Geno’s a side character in the first but most obscure Mario rpg that released at the very end of the SNES’ lifespan. A lot less people know who he is.

That just reminds me that Incineroar's voice actor(Japanese Professor Oak) passed away shortly before Ultimate came out... :drsad:
Aw man, that’s unfortunate...

He did a great job.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It’s a little different. Geno’s a side character in the first but most obscure Mario rpg that released at the very end of the SNES’ lifespan. A lot less people know who he is.
It didn't even release in Europe until the Wii Virtual Console either.

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know, considering the Dark Pit glitch with his arrow

And Legends: Arceus existing

....could we be living in 2018, where Fighter's Pass 2 contains: "SpringmanMin Min, Rex and Pyra and Mythra, and Decidueye"? :4pacman:

Dutch Raikuna

Ah. That makes more sense. Thank you for elaborating. Cause I was confusled.
Super Mario RPG was never released into Europe until about 10 years ago. I didn't even know who Geno was until like 5 years ago and I consider myself very, very well conversant in game knowledge.

And for Banjo, I knew who he was when I was like 7. About 12 year gap to me.

I was thinking Tales or Falcom, yeah, although I'm not sure if the latter would go with Trails or Ys.
I don't know. Ys is a dark horse pick but Trails has sold more. Plus the series is going into a new arc of its story so don't know who.

I'd hope for Estelle but I know where Cold Steel takes place like the back of my hand for stage.

Either way more music!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That’s a bit pathetic

Would you forgive people who bullied you?

And yeah. I suppose that's true. But I still think people are exaggerating his obscurity. Especially with all of the fan love done with the express purpose of making people aware of him and supporting him.

I guess King K. Rool would be the better comparison, even if their situations are still not 1-1.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ya know, considering the Dark Pit glitch with his arrow

And Legends: Arceus existing

....could we be living in 2018, where Fighter's Pass 2 contains: "SpringmanMin Min, Rex and Pyra and Mythra, and Decidueye"? :4pacman:
Does Decidueye follow Fire Theory?

Because if not, he's out. :4pacman:

Shroob

Sup?
Would you forgive people who bullied you?

And yeah. I suppose that's true. But I still think people are exaggerating his obscurity. Especially with all of the fan love done with the express purpose of making people aware of him and supporting him.

I guess King K. Rool would be the better comparison, even if their situations are still not 1-1.
If the Tales of Chun Leak is real, then apparently even Square Enix is confused as to why Geno is popular, and according to the leak "Don't want to use him when they feel like his support is only to get him in Smash."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom