• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I sometimes wish i was well known for something. Im not good at drawing so im not recognized for that, , im not famous for taiko even tho I try hard at that too.

Whst do I have to do to get a bit a reconition onbthe internet beside pander to creeps
Consistency and dedication.

D

Deleted member

I sometimes wish i was well known for something. Im not good at drawing so im not recognized for that, , im not famous for taiko even tho I try hard at that too.

Whst do I have to do to get a bit a reconition onbthe internet beside pander to creeps
All I want to be known for is my shilling of card games :4pacman:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
As for what I've been doing tonight been rewatching The Devil is a Part Timer in my excitement of Season 2.

Isekai or Reverse it's still my second favourite behind Re:Zero and way in front of third. Similar to Spice and Wolf, it needs the extra season to get into my 10/10 category.
Really hoping Season 2 gives at least 20 episodes as we need more reverse Isekai in general.

I sometimes wish i was well known for something. Im not good at drawing so im not recognized for that, , im not famous for taiko even though I try hard at that too.

What do I have to do to get a bit a recognition on the internet beside pander to creeps
Am I the only one who does not really care too much at recognition or fame? I mean I could go down the road of explaining but that leads to nihilism and all that.
I mean I'm the person hoping to become a writer but at the same time, I'm kinda content. As long as I get some peaceful days.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So is the Legends trainer the current popular pick for FP11, or is it someone else? Man, it feels like Monster Hunter's time of speculations spotlight went by in a flash.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I found an hilarious screenshot of Smash in the wild, but it's very suggestive. It's technically E10 friendly, but our minds make it M. With that warning, I will cover the image behind a spoiler.

FB_IMG_1615081758290.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean considering...
I know. The Mii Costumes means that a Monster Hunter character likely isn't coming. It's just odd that they really only came into the speculation zeitgeist after Pyra/Mythra's reveal, and they then only had like three weeks of hope behind them before the inclusion of ANY capcom content was pretty much dashed.

So I'm wondering where the speculation leads us now. I mean, I know it leads me towards a Namco character of some sort (Lloyd, Yuri, Chosen Undead, Knight Artorias, Nightmare, Don-chan, Klonoa, Dig Dug, anyone). But what is everyone else thinking?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They really murdered UI Goku, man. They really blasted a broken character to replace him with another broken character.

Shroob

Sup?
So is the Legends trainer the current popular pick for FP11, or is it someone else? Man, it feels like Monster Hunter's time of speculations spotlight went by in a flash.
Couldn't even tell you really.

Crash is as big as he's ever been, but it feels like June or bust for him, considering that's when E3 would have been, and the pass was probably spaced out with E3 in mind.

Lloyd or Yuri exist, but both could just up and die if the Lloyd Mii shows up in a random character pack. Lloyd at least has the Tales of Chun Leak going for him, but as the last Mii costume left standing, it doesn't look good.

Ryu Hayabusa is in that weird ???? zone that he's always been in.

Pokemon is Pokemon.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know. The Mii Costumes means that a Monster Hunter character likely isn't coming. It's just odd that they really only came into the speculation zeitgeist after Pyra/Mythra's reveal, and they then only had like three weeks of hope behind them before the inclusion of ANY capcom content was pretty much dashed.

So I'm wondering where the speculation leads us now. I mean, I know it leads me towards a Namco character of some sort (Lloyd, Yuri, Chosen Undead, Knight Artorias, Nightmare, Don-chan, Klonoa, Dig Dug, anyone). But what is everyone else thinking?
I still don’t think Namco is coming because if that was the case, why not drop all the Namco costumes with them?

Other than that, I’ve got no ideas. I wanna think Crash, but that’s mostly cuz I like him.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

I'm thinking Crash and either a Namco rep or someone surprising developer wise like Arc System Works or Falcom.

I really think Crash should be E3/equivalent or what cause his inclusion would be very big popular culture news in general.

I think unless for a "thank you for playing" character like a retro rep I think this is it for first parties. And that would be a retro rep.
Although for a thank you at the end I'd rather have a stage, specifically Melee Final Destination.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Monster Hunter was discussed a fair bit in Pass 1 as well...then Min Min was released and everyone thought Pass 2 was a Nintendo pass.

Ryu Hayabusa seems to have dropped off a bit in speculation since the first pass, even though he's still a very viable candidate. Crash seems to be the main one people talk about, pretty much since DLC started and likely will remain so until he's either confirmed, gets a hard deconfirm, or the last character's revealed with no new pass coming. He's pretty much the favourite all the way through. You could say he's Ultimate's Wolf. Though that didn't turn out good for Wolf in Smash 4's DLC.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm thinking Crash and either a Namco rep or someone surprising developer wise like Arc System Works or Falcom.

I really think Crash should be E3/equivalent or what cause his inclusion would be very big popular culture news in general.

I think unless for a "thank you for playing" character like a retro rep I think this is it for first parties. And that would be a retro rep.
Although for a thank you at the end I'd rather have a stage, specifically Melee Final Destination.
Am I the only one who thinks that the perfect "thank you for playing" character would be Geno making it in against all odds despite the Mii Costume? Just saying.

And yeah. Right now I think Crash and Lloyd at E3 time is the most likely outcome. Them trying to replicate the success of the Hero/Banjo double reveal.
Monster Hunter was discussed a fair bit in Pass 1 as well...then Min Min was released and everyone thought Pass 2 was a Nintendo pass.

Ryu Hayabusa seems to have dropped off a bit in speculation since the first pass, even though he's still a very viable candidate. Crash seems to be the main one people talk about, pretty much since DLC started and likely will remain so until he's either confirmed, gets a hard deconfirm, or the last character's revealed with no new pass coming. He's pretty much the favourite all the way through. You could say he's Ultimate's Wolf. Though that didn't turn out good for Wolf in Smash 4's DLC.
Considering all of Activisions marketing pushed for Crash Bandicoot and his surprising popularity in Japan for a Western made character, I think Crash has a good chance of showing up. As for Ryu Hayabusa, I can't deny that he does seam kind of likely in the same way that an Arc System Works of Falcom character does (all three being prime candidates if we get a third fighter pass).

Shroob

Sup?
Am I the only one who thinks that the perfect "thank you for playing" character would be Geno making it in against all odds despite the Mii Costume? Just saying.

And yeah. Right now I think Crash and Lloyd at E3 time is the most likely outcome. Them trying to replicate the success of the Hero/Banjo double reveal.

Considering all of Activisions marketing pushed for Crash Bandicoot and his surprising popularity in Japan for a Western made character, I think Crash has a good chance of showing up. As for Ryu Hayabusa, I can't deny that he does seam kind of likely in the same way that an Arc System Works of Falcom character does (all three being prime candidates if we get a third fighter pass).
Lloyd vs Yuri is going to be an annoying debate if the costume doesn't show up with CP10, isn't it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I was playing Among Us with some pals... and my screen was black the whole game. Then this creepypasta looking crap happened.
View attachment 306214
I can’t even make this **** up.
DO NOT PLAY AMONG US AT 3 AM!!!! (REAL) (NOT MAKING THIS UP) (AUTHENTIC)

also about xenoverse (spoilers)
First off, I thought that fight against my starter I've heard about would happen later in the game. Second, it was a pain in the ass. Thank god I remembered I had a Toxic TM.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Lloyd vs Yuri is going to be an annoying debate if the costume doesn't show up with CP10, isn't it.
Pretty much yeah.

Unless they double reveal at the next presentation. Which they really should do. Any sting of Hero was completely nullified by Banjo's reveal in the same presentation. And vice versa.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, my avatar issue is fixed.

I'm still having issues figuring out my Eletale Ranger design. I have some of the base down, but I can't figure out a legit mouthpiece. I already made the belt stand out more, it has armored shoulders, a mustache(yes, I'm serious), and more is intended at some point.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Pretty much yeah.

Unless they double reveal at the next presentation. Which they really should do. Any sting of Hero was completely nullified by Banjo's reveal in the same presentation. And vice versa.
At the same time though, a dual reveal means they can't milk the DLC for as long as possible in terms of hype buildup. If FP2 really is the end, if you show both characters at once, suddenly a decent chunk of people are just not tuning into Directs anymore in hopes of Smash.

I want a dual reveal, and Crash/a Japanese IP would be a good way to end it off, but eh. We only got 1 June reveal last year after all.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pretty much yeah.

Implying Nintendo doesn’t want to drag out the final ultimate characters as long as possible.

Yeah we’re getting one at E3. Wouldn’t be surprised if the last one was in December.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Implying Nintendo doesn’t want to drag out the final ultimate characters as long as possible.

Yeah we’re getting one at E3. Wouldn’t be surprised if the last one was in December.
Now hold on partner, we always get a September Direct(Well, we should now that they're back). I don't see us going past September without knowing FP11. That's perfect timing right before the holidays.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Now hold on partner, we always get a September Direct(Well, we should now that they're back). I don't see us going past September without knowing FP11. That's perfect timing right before the holidays.
True, very true.

Gotta get used to directs being a thing again. Even before the February one I thought we’d get a direct at e3, as a “special occasion” sort of deal.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At the same time though, a dual reveal means they can't milk the DLC for as long as possible in terms of hype buildup. If FP2 really is the end, if you show both characters at once, suddenly a decent chunk of people are just not tuning into Directs anymore in hopes of Smash.

I want a dual reveal, and Crash/a Japanese IP would be a good way to end it off, but eh. We only got 1 June reveal last year after all.
That's a fair point. Although I am of the opinion that Steve was MEANT to be double revealed with either Min Min or Sephiroth before COVID ****ed things up for all of us.

There is that marketing angle that's.... annoying.... you know, revealing Crash alongside more DLC characters after Pass 2 and THEN hitting us with the Lloyd/Yuri trailer at the end of the direct would be pretty fitting.

I do agree though that the next reveal presentation in June is the last chance to get more DLC characters confirmed. After that I'll shut up about a possible third fighters pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom