• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Oh I ain't movin' on up, I just know chaotic people who would make things like this for some reason.

Still pretty weird. I've had my voice over and name in games before, but not my character itself, haha.
You're still moving up. Soon you'll be even more of a cool kid.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Implying Nintendo doesn’t want to drag out the final ultimate characters as long as possible.

Yeah we’re getting one at E3. Wouldn’t be surprised if the last one was in December.
Man this whole "the last two characters are the LAST two characters" mindset is gonna be REALLY annoying for the next few months until the next presentation gives me the proof I desire.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m anti-cool but thanks!
Boy you’re sitting at the cool kids table and you’re gonna like it

Man this whole "the last two characters are the LAST two characters" mindset is gonna be REALLY annoying for the next few months until the next presentation gives me the proof I desire.
:drshrug: I dunno man, that’s just the way things seem to be going. I’ll gladly be proven wrong, of course I’d enjoy more characters. But this really seems to be the ultimate end.

Shroob

Sup?
That's a fair point. Although I am of the opinion that Steve was MEANT to be double revealed with either Min Min or Sephiroth before COVID ****ed things up for all of us.

There is that marketing angle that's.... annoying.... you know, revealing Crash alongside more DLC characters after Pass 2 and THEN hitting us with the Lloyd/Yuri trailer at the end of the direct would be pretty fitting.

I do agree though that the next reveal presentation in June is the last chance to get more DLC characters confirmed. After that I'll shut up about a possible third fighters pass.
I mean, even though I don't think it's likely, they announced more DLC in the September direct, and not E3 that year.

As for Steve, I legit don't know how 2020's reveal schedule would have worked were it not for covid.

January: Byleth(Okay, this makes sense.)

March: IT'S ARMS....but we need more time, the arms are tricky to code(Okay, sure).

June: Min Min revealed, got it, THEORETICALLY, Steve should have dropped at E3, but then you have an issue.

Let's say that Steve was revealed in June, with a release date slated for Fall... where the **** does that leave Sephiroth? Because in no way do I see ****ing Sephiroth dropped in the September Direct.... and yet, we have never gone a Direct without a new Smash reveal, so what the **** would have happened in September?

Steve almost has to have been the September Direct reveal for any logic to make sense, but if Steve was an E3 reveal, then September has NO reveal.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Double post
Boy you’re sitting at the cool kids table and you’re gonna like it

:drshrug: I dunno man, that’s just the way things seem to be going. I’ll gladly be proven wrong, of course I’d enjoy more characters. But this really seems to be the ultimate end.
Could be. But I also know Nintendo likes making money and that these DLC characters are probably making them boatloads. Regardless of what Sakurai wants personally to do.

I mean, even though I don't think it's likely, they announced more DLC in the September direct, and not E3 that year.

As for Steve, I legit don't know how 2020's reveal schedule would have worked were it not for covid.

January: Byleth(Okay, this makes sense.)

March: IT'S ARMS....but we need more time, the arms are tricky to code(Okay, sure).

June: Min Min revealed, got it, THEORETICALLY, Steve should have dropped at E3, but then you have an issue.

Let's say that Steve was revealed in June, with a release date slated for Fall... where the ** does that leave Sephiroth? Because in no way do I see ***ing Sephiroth dropped in the September Direct.... and yet, we have never gone a Direct without a new Smash reveal, so what the * would have happened in September?

Steve almost has to have been the September Direct reveal for any logic to make sense, but if Steve was an E3 reveal, then September has NO reveal.
Yeah. But that September direct was when they revealed the penultimate character for Pass 1. The September direct will be when the FINAL character is revealed, if they don't do a double in June. June is when they'll reveal the penultimate character. Meaning that's likely when the next character would be revealed.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm thinking we'll get another JRPG character and a Pokemon to close things out.
Me too, actually. But not what's commonly predicted, somewhat based on my desire to not have to wait until I'm 35 to see if someone still has a chance. And also how we keep screwing up trying to correctly guess characters.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Brain, "Hey are you asleep?"

Me, "Yeah, shut up."

Brain, "Sephiroth's reveal was closely tied to The Game Awards, meaning that if you accept that Steve was going to be shown off at E3, then September would have been the first time ever we had gotten a Direct with 0 Smash news, even less than Joker's appearance in the Feb 2019 Direct."

**** that keeps you up at night.

D

Deleted member

Note to self: I probably should build a more beginner friendly deck rather than give my brother a complicated unorthodox spellslinger deck.

Shroob

Sup?
There is a weird glitch going on with Dark Pit right now, where his arrow suddenly attaches to his body.

I don't really buy into "Glitch Theory", but some people have pointed to characters like Lloyd, Hayabusa or even Decidueye. :drshrug:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And again, I just don't think another character after all of it would be a nice finale. Also hate to be rude but Geno is done and most have moved on. If there was a goodbye character it would most likely be a tribute to Satoru Iwata like Balloon Fighter.

I think to me Melee Final Destination + Redone Everyone is Here! + A 10 minute lookback at the series would be a lot better.

I'm thinking we'll get another JRPG character and a Pokemon to close things out.
Would be mixed on that to be fair............as long as it's Tales or Trails.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There is a weird glitch going on with Dark Pit right now, where his arrow suddenly attaches to his body.

I don't really buy into "Glitch Theory", but some people have pointed to characters like Lloyd, Hayabusa or even Decidueye. :drshrug:
lol, I can make a Brian joke here.

To clarify, his "staff" 100% sticks to his body in all animations, as if it's a piece of armor.

But seriously, any archer works. I'd love a Fate character too, since I mentioned Archers. Albeit, Saber is who I'd expect, being kind of the "most important" class for the protagonists.

Shroob

Sup?
lol, I can make a Brian joke here.

To clarify, his "staff" 100% sticks to his body in all animations, as if it's a piece of armor.

But seriously, any archer works. I'd love a Fate character too, since I mentioned Archers. Albeit, Saber is who I'd expect, being kind of the "most important" class for the protagonists.
Does Lloyd even use archery?

I assumed the reason people were pointing towards Lloyd was due to Pit/Dark Pit's dual wielder weapon occasionally.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And again, I just don't think another character after all of it would be a nice finale. Also hate to be rude but Geno is done and most have moved on. If there was a goodbye character it would most likely be a tribute to Satoru Iwata like Balloon Fighter.

I think to me Melee Final Destination + Redone Everyone is Here! + A 10 minute lookback at the series would be a lot better.

Would be mixed on that to be fair............as long as it's Tales or Trails.
Hate to be rude but am still gonna do it!

There are reasons to believe that Geno's Mii Fighter costume, or ANY Mii Fighter Costume, do not deconfirm anything. It is foolish to think we know anything about how this process works when there are so many internal factors that they know and influence their decisions that we do not.

Also... really? Melee Final Destination? THAT'S how you wanna say goodbye to Smash Ultimate? I mean, I hate to be rude, but you know what they say about treating others the way they've treated you, and that's a stupid way to celebrate.

Shroob

Sup?
Hate to be rude but am still gonna do it!

There are reasons to believe that Geno's Mii Fighter costume, or ANY Mii Fighter Costume, do not deconfirm anything. It is foolish to think we know anything about how this process works when there are so many internal factors that they know and influence their decisions that we do not.

Also... really? Melee Final Destination? THAT'S how you wanna say goodbye to Smash Ultimate? I mean, I hate to be rude, but you know what they say about treating others the way they've treated you, and that's a stupid way to celebrate.
I mean, the rest of the FGC thinks we're smelly manchildren with a huge case of sex allegations against us.

They're not wrong.

But we still have Ryu, Ken and Terry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom