• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's called The Rule of Funny and Nintendo isn't the only one who uses it.

I mean, ghosts don't have a single, canonical lore. Everyone is free to take their own spin on the concept. Ghostbusters itself takes quite a few artistic liberties with them.
Fair point. It’s just the one I’m most invested in I guess

I do firmly believe in the rule of fun, I just also like it when concepts seem thought out and consistent instead of just “whatever we wanted because it’s fun!” You have to have rules.
Even for you, that's stone cold. Perhaps you should freeze and think about it from the other side?
Don’t you pun me!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Osby's AMA is up now.

Oh, and just in case anyone asks, Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku is still in charge and will handle drawing for the next one and whatnot. This was simply a request given his situation right now.
I answered the first couple of questions. If anyone is interested, feel free to hit me up with more.

shameless self-promotion is shameless

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Thanks for setting the AMA up, Lamperouge Lamperouge ! I'm away from my computer this week, and setting AMAs up on mobile is a pain, so I greatly appreciate your help.

anyways, next week's AMA will be...
their AMA will be up sometime next Saturday
1603552871303.png

My time has come.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Would a Game of Thrones guest character in Mortal Kombat work and be liked? Or does everyone hate the dragon show now?
Not so many people hate GoT, so much as they hate the series finale or last two-three seasons.

People wouldn't complain about a guest character from the show, unless they never liked the show to begin with or if they disliked guest characters in that franchise in general.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The one thing i’m not really a fan of is some if the areas that are just... why does a hotel have this? Like... the plant floor is just a normal set of rooms that’s been overtaken by plants. The pirate floor is just a nautically themed restaurant. Heck, you could even make the case that the castle is supposed to be, like, a Medieval Times style dinner theater. But a Museam? An Egyptian Tomb? Like... why are they there. Still a fantastic game but... idk.

Also, I spent like 20 minutes vacuuming up all the sand in Scerpci’s tomb area before going in. ALL of it. And was disappointed to discover that you got nothing for doing that.
You're asking for logic in a Mario game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The one thing i’m not really a fan of is some if the areas that are just... why does a hotel have this? Like... the plant floor is just a normal set of rooms that’s been overtaken by plants. The pirate floor is just a nautically themed restaurant. Heck, you could even make the case that the castle is supposed to be, like, a Medieval Times style dinner theater. But a Museam? An Egyptian Tomb? Like... why are they there. Still a fantastic game but... idk.

Also, I spent like 20 minutes vacuuming up all the sand in Scerpci’s tomb area before going in. ALL of it. And was disappointed to discover that you got nothing for doing that.
It is a bit strange, but hey I’m not a hotel designer and I guess ghosts can do whatever they want with it to scare Luigi.

Anyway, wanna help me come up with ideas for a mall setting? I could see a lot of parodies of businesses like Hot Topic, Barnes & Noble, Rainforest Café, Build-a-Bear, etc.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It is a bit strange, but hey I’m not a hotel designer and I guess ghosts can do whatever they want with it to scare Luigi.

Anyway, wanna help me come up with ideas for a mall setting? I could see a lot of parodies of businesses like Hot Topic, Barnes & Noble, Rainforest Café, Build-a-Bear, etc.
Build-a-Scare. It's just full of ghosts possessing teddy bears. I'm only halfway joking.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Perfume department.

1603556423218.png

Just perfume department.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
D

Deleted member

It's called The Rule of Funny and Nintendo isn't the only one who uses it.
I thought that said, "The Rule of Furry".

In around 15 minutes I am entering the cinema to see Promare with some friends.

Really excited.

Gonna tag Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen when I share my thoughts about the movie as she also really wanted to see It.
I have seen Promare, and it is an excellent movie.

Have fun!

Edit: Double quote, my apologies.

D

Deleted member

and the award for the most cursed profile picture goes to...
Regarxoru!
I just want you guys to know you’ll probably never see me again.

I’m devoting my life to acquiring a shiny Tapu Lele. It’ll most likely take years.
I believe in you. I remember getting a shiny Virizion on my second try. I did not even intend to get a shiny Virizion. Best of luck!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I just want you guys to know you’ll probably never see me again.

I’m devoting my life to acquiring a shiny Tapu Lele. It’ll most likely take years.
ever since I got Pokemon X back in 2013, I've been shinyhunting for a Xerneas. I'm still waiting on it.

...i don't know where i was going with this. Just remember not to give up (that sounds like a good message).

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I almost ****ed up, I thought Smash Invitational was today, but since I'm Region 5, my team goes in at Halloween. I almost had a panic attack waking up late.

D

Deleted member

Got the Regis now. Went for the electric-type Regi, which was a really annoying due to not being able to be paralyzed. Only missing the dragon Regi and Ice horse for a complete dex now.

ever since I got Pokemon X back in 2013, I've been shinyhunting for a Xerneas. I'm still waiting on it.

...i don't know where i was going with this. Just remember not to give up (that sounds like a good message).
I hope you haven't been hunting in X though.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Got the Regis now. Went for the electric-type Regi, which was a really annoying due to not being able to be paralyzed. Only missing the dragon Regi and Ice horse for a complete dex now.

I hope you haven't been hunting in X though.
yep. Every waking moment has been spent resetting, trying to find that thing. I have reset almost 5 million times.

i think i just might have some bad luck. I'll just start hunting for a shiny Zacian instead.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
yep. Every waking moment has been spent resetting, trying to find that thing. I have reset almost 5 million times.

i think i just might have some bad luck. I'll just start hunting for a shiny Zacian instead.
Um, Xernias in X and Zacian in Sword are both shiny locked. They'll never be shiny how many times you reset.

Edit: Wait are you joking?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom